E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ST 6466 Blue Smoke/ Oil from exhaust

04-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #23
trb1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
So what you are saying is that it has nothing to do with the N54 itself.....but has everything to do with the guys who don't stay on top of maintenance and decide to keep driving on leaky injector(s) because they are too cheap to replace them? And on top of that, they probably don't change their oil often enough either. All leading up to worn rod bearings...

Yeah... definitely an N54 issue.
My personal car has 12s. No issues w injectors. Still copper in 2 of the bearing shells when I did bearings. The design is flawed. It could be detonation, or a variety of other things contributing to it too. Bearing issues arise at varying mileage and maintenance history. I’m not gonna sit here attempt to change your mind. Do what you want. It’s just an issue no matter how much you deny it exists. Kind of like bending rods or cracking ring lands. This shit happens. Especially on higher power cars, which a single turbo car would be.
Appreciate 0