E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2011 E90 new FRM module needed?

04-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #1
Shortshorts
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 N55

2011 E90 new FRM module needed?

EDIT:
I added 2 pictures, one of the DME code I got and the other one is the error I get in WINKP. I think I need a new FRM module. Can anybody confirm?

I did more research and it looks like these wires might be aftermarket and not have anything to do with my issue. I got a code CD95, and it points to the FRM module. Apparently they can die or be faulty when disconnected from the battery or experiencing low voltage for an extended period of time. Makes sense, considering I had it disconnected for 8 hours, and I was reconnecting it off and on to test that everything was working on reassembly. I tried to recode with WINKP and NCSexpert. When I went went in with INPA it showed the cable was connected just fine and ignition on. I went to E90->Body->FRM post 07, and then I got a warning saying "data transmission is wonky, stopping program." SO, because it can't connect to the FRM, I tried connecting to the CAS just to check, and it connects and is readable. Because it can't read the FRM, I'm assuming it's busted.

I followed along with these videos:

Original post:
Today I dismantled my center console and glovebox in order to dye it. I turned the car on and noticed a lighting malfunction on the idrive screen. Doors won't lock, windows won't roll up, headlights default to on, turn signals don't work, interior lighting doesn't work. I looked under the glovebox area and noticed 3 wires that were severed. One is a flat black wire that contains 4 wires, a red, black, green, and yellow. This flat black wire runs up the A pillar under the black rubber door trim. The other wires are black, and black with a red strip. These connect to a white connector under the glovebox. All of these wires were contained within the zipties bundled to the connector to the auxiliary outlet under the glovebox.

It looked like the wires were severed very cleanly initially, and i mangled the ends with a razor in order to get ready to solder them back together. But I can't find the other half of these wires in order to do that. Where would they be if not up under the glovebox or center console as well? Obviously disassembly caused them to sever...

Any suggestions? I am very clueless when it comes to wiring and fuses. I can't find any wiring diagrams online that have been helpful.

I also closed my trunk with the battery disconnected and I'm not sure how to open it now. Kill me. There is no keyhole and I can't fold the seats down.

If you'd like some better pictures I'd be happy to take some more.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shortshorts; 04-15-2021 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: More research was done.
Appreciate 0