E90Post
 


Coby Wheel
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > F chassis seats into E chassis



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
smrtypants44
Captain
smrtypants44's Avatar
United_States
343
Rep
674
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (2)

F chassis seats into E chassis

Has anyone on here successfully retrofitted F seats into an E car?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
BourneJack
Banned
5
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: BME E90
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Great one
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Luizbaum
New Member
Brazil
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: E90 325i LCI
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Brazil

iTrader: (0)

I would also like to know if it's possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
delmarco
Major
delmarco's Avatar
United_States
423
Rep
1,381
Posts

Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Westchester County, NY

iTrader: (1)

I doubt it!
I know same year vehicles can switch seats (like a 2007 X5 or X3 seats can fit in a 2007 E90) but new model years don't plug and play into older model years.

Also BMW puts a lot of passive restraint tech into the seats themselves which would make this job annoying!
__________________

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #5
smrtypants44
Captain
smrtypants44's Avatar
United_States
343
Rep
674
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (2)

So it works....

had to re-pin/swap the seat plug, swap seat modules, swap the seatbelt/pretensioner and fab on a seat position sensor but all the features work (even power side bolsters which the old seats didnt have) with no airbag errors. I haven't checked whether memory works yet.

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr


However, i have a "electrical malfunction error". Buuut, if i put the old seat back in the same error pops up when i try and clear it, so i must have yanked a cable too hard or something....

BMW Code by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

so this weekend i gotta do some electrical troubleshooting...
__________________

Last edited by smrtypants44; 08-09-2018 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 6
      08-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #6
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
764
Rep
1,786
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Some bloke put F80 M3 seats in his non-M E90. Everything working correctly.
Appreciate 2
feuer3708.00

      02-08-2019, 01:07 AM   #7
VAGGELIS
Registered
2
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: bmw E90 320D
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Athens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
Some bloke put F80 M3 seats in his non-M E90. Everything working correctly.
hi mjn77! I am new on the site.I am owner of a BMW E90 320D 2006 and have the front seats of bmw F30 M3 in my house! You said someone have already complete this swap in his non-M E90 !!!! Who is this guy???If he could tell me his proceddure . My oem seats are only manual ,non electric ,non heated!!The F30 M3 are heated and with electric memory...Please help!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 09:31 AM   #8
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
mjn77's Avatar
United Kingdom
764
Rep
1,786
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Herts, UK

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAGGELIS View Post
hi mjn77! I am new on the site.I am owner of a BMW E90 320D 2006 and have the front seats of bmw F30 M3 in my house! You said someone have already complete this swap in his non-M E90 !!!! Who is this guy???If he could tell me his proceddure . My oem seats are only manual ,non electric ,non heated!!The F30 M3 are heated and with electric memory...Please help!!
It was a car i saw for sale a while back i'm afraid.
__________________

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Individual Aluminium Trim // 1.75 Exhaust Mod //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #9
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
5745
Rep
6,596
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (4)

Totally doable.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24035353
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended


Appreciate 1
mjn77763.50

      02-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #10
Jaybaby
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 135 2007 BMW 325
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Grant park Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
So it works....

had to re-pin/swap the seat plug, swap seat modules, swap the seatbelt/pretensioner and fab on a seat position sensor but all the features work (even power side bolsters which the old seats didnt have) with no airbag errors. I haven't checked whether memory works yet.

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

Untitled by smarty-pants44, on Flickr


However, i have a "electrical malfunction error". Buuut, if i put the old seat back in the same error pops up when i try and clear it, so i must have yanked a cable too hard or something....

BMW Code by smarty-pants44, on Flickr

so this weekend i gotta do some electrical troubleshooting...







Hey man this was two years ago so Iím sure you figured it out by now lol. Could you please tell me how to do this I just got a set of 435 seats for my 135 and I need to know how to wire them up. Iíd appreciate it so much if you responded. My phone number is (779) 254-7430 and email is jadenswilliam@icloud.com. Please message me you would save my life and a whole lot of time lol. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:48 PM   #11
miguelito_e91
Registered
miguelito_e91's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i Wagon (e91)
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Hey like the other guy before me said, it's been two years. Can you please show us how to do this. I installed a 430 seat into my e90 and it's working fine, heated is the only thing that doesn't work. Long story short, if it's plugged in I get abs warning, airbag warning, stability control warning seatbelt warning all at the same time, and their intermittent, about 30 seconds. Any help??? My email is mmarroquin004@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #12
whyzee125
Lieutenant Colonel
473
Rep
1,632
Posts

Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chattanooga Tn

iTrader: (0)

I think the e chassis seats look nicer but being that you went to sport seats from non sport that's a definite upgrade
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 06:57 PM   #13
smrtypants44
Captain
smrtypants44's Avatar
United_States
343
Rep
674
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (2)

What have you done so far?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 09:29 AM   #14
Jaybaby
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 135 2007 BMW 325
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Grant park Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
What have you done so far?
Weíre you talking to me? Well not much to be honest I still canít figure these seats out to be honest. Iím back on here trying to find something that will make sense.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 07:05 PM   #15
smrtypants44
Captain
smrtypants44's Avatar
United_States
343
Rep
674
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybaby View Post
Weíre you talking to me? Well not much to be honest I still canít figure these seats out to be honest. Iím back on here trying to find something that will make sense.
so you need to buy a salvage e9x seat harness on ebay, take all the pins out and repin the f3x seats using the e9x "plug". Just match wire colors and locations to your current seats/the e9x seat harness.
__________________
Appreciate 1
mantis249.00

      Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #16
Jaybaby
Registered
United_States
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 135 2007 BMW 325
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Grant park Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
so you need to buy a salvage e9x seat harness on ebay, take all the pins out and repin the f3x seats using the e9x "plug". Just match wire colors and locations to your current seats/the e9x seat harness.
Well what we have been doing is taking the old seats connectors and re pinning them onto the new seats. The only thing is we cannot figure out what way the seat controls get wired up. All the motors are wired in correctly, but the control panel doesnít make any sense. The whole thing is extremely confusing, but the position sensors did atleast just bolt right onto my new seats so that Is a plus.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST