E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > E93 328i Value / Potential Feeler

06-01-2019, 06:16 AM   #1
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

E93 328i Value / Potential Feeler

Hello everyone. I have really loved this car, but always had my sights on an E92 M3 ever since they came out. Life has had me wait until the right time and I have the chance to pick up a beautiful one that checks all my boxes. I would prefer to sell my car first so here's the post.

Year: 2009
Model: E93 328i
Mileage: 120,957

Previous owners: My father leased it, then I bought it when the lease ended

The Great: I think the car is one of the best looking convertible out there, including stock M3 convertibles. It has quite a few modifications although none have been done to the engine or tune, and never has. Major modifications include M3 mirrors, Bmw M Performance carbon fiber caps, M sport rear bumper with Duke Dynamics Dual Carbon Performance Diffuser with muffler delete and dual exhaust conversion, Satin Black Avant Garde M359 style wheels, Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts with Eibach Lowering Springs, LCI Tail Lights, M3 side skirts, OEM Aero lip, Performance Style Replica rear spoiler.

The Good: The car currently runs great and has had no issues of late. I have taken good care of it and always get people asking my who new it is. Wax and clay about once a year and interior detail about once a year. I rarely have any passengers so the interior is in great shape. It's been my daily driver through medical school and my first year of residency. Current mileage will go up about 250 a month with my short commute right now. When I travel home on the highway to visit family, I get upwards of 35mpg and a full tank range is 500 miles.

The Bad: It has a few rock chips from when my father had it as a frequent highway commuter car. There are several areas that are eye sores to me.

1) Front Aero lip - is OEM, sold to me by a forum member who did not disclose a large rock chip on the passenger side, within one drive on the highway it had peeled to the size of a quarter and I wasn't able to fix it immediately. At this time it's slightly larger than a quarter and has touch up paint covering the area.

2) Front Passenger Fender - A couple years ago there was somehow a trash can with open lid on the passenger side of my car. I was backing up in pouring rain didn't see it there, and it scraped about a 2cm area of the low front right fender just above where the aero lip attaches.

3) Rear Bumper - the rear bumper was kissed by a shopping cart even though I always park in Egypt. It left a flake of pain about 1-2cm long that I touched up. But it left some spider cracks. Over the last 5 years it hasn't worsened. The location is mid bumper right on the edge where the shape flattens just from the trunk ledge.

4) Interior Passenger Handle - the only significant interior blemish is the passenger side door handle peeling. This is surprising given the extremely limited amount of time a passenger has been present.

The Ugly: I was involved in a rear end collision where I stopped for a red light and the car behind me didn't. They hit me on the right rear bumper and quarter panel. Even more unfortunate was it was 24 hours after I converted to m sport bumper and carbon diffuser. It was shattered. And my LCI EURO tail lights were busted. About 8k in damages at the time. But all paintwork remains flawless today. The bumper and rear quarter panel were replaced. I took this time to add M3 side skirts. And the passenger side door was also repainted for blending. Ever since it's been repaired it drives just as well as it ever did and have had no issues related to the accident either.

I would like to know what you all think and if anyone is interested PM me for potential sale. Carmax has offered me 5k which I can use to get an aftermarket warranty for the M3. But I would love to see something along the lines of 8-10k in value.

Thanks.

Exhaust

Accident Link

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...167&page=2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0