E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > *NEW* Injen X-Pedal Pro Black Now Available!

09-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Talking *NEW* Injen X-Pedal Pro Black Now Available!

Following up on our highly successful Injen X-Pedal Pro throttle response controller, Injen is proud to announce the release of our latest version – the Injen X-Pedal Pro Black Edition. The Injen Technology X-Pedal Pro Black Edition is the next step in customizable throttle response controllers. Quickly and easily tune out the delayed throttle response from the factory with Injen’s X-Pedal Pro Black Edition for a completely new driving experience. You’ll be amazed how different your vehicle feels after this quick and simple install!

Modern vehicles are infamous for a sluggish and delayed throttle response feel directly from the factory. You’ll recognize this built-in delay when trying to accelerate to pass another vehicle or merging into traffic. Injen Technology’s X-Pedal Pro Black Edition allows you to adjust the pedal feel and ultimately the throttle response of your vehicle directly on the fly.

The X-Pedal Pro Black Edition is a plug-in module that requires less than 5 minutes to install and delivers immediate, customized performance for your vehicle. Specifically, the X-Pedal Pro Black Edition controls the throttle signals going into your stock ECU (Engine Control Unit) so that your vehicle instantly responds faster and accelerates swifter... or slower and more economically – depending on how you program the X-Pedal Pro Black Edition. The choice is yours.

More Pictures

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #2
starbuck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

Does this supercede or interfere in any way with MHD tunes ?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 06:27 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
Does this supercede or interfere in any way with MHD tunes ?
This module remaps the throttle only, it does not have access to any MHD tuning

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

This is a good idea from many perspectives.

MHD tuning of the throttle has an impact on many of the other related maps and tables that support load control.

If I dial in the BIN for my vehicle and change the throttle mapping, it inadvertently adjusts the valvetronic, shift positions, boost control, etc.

As such, having something that works as a "man in the middle" controller reduces all the complexities with TRUE "pedal control" tuning via MHD/etc.

This product would simply allow you to develop a more customized throttle curve, no more, no less - it will NOT make your car faster. It CANNOT tell the DME to move the throttle FASTER than the stock pedal would.

However, it should still be stated that the BMW curves for sport and sport+ modes will still impact the performance of this product, which is pretty significant. However, that is inevitable, unless there was some sort of CANBUS communication built in for this product to monitor the state the vehicle was in.

All in all, to address the "tuning vs interceptor" idea, I believe that the vast majority of people will be highly satisfied with an interceptor like this.

Last edited by anjuna; 10-09-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
This is a good idea from many perspectives.

MHD tuning of the throttle has an impact on many of the other related maps and tables that support load control.

If I dial in the BIN for my vehicle and change the throttle mapping, it inadvertently adjusts the valvetronic, shift positions, boost control, etc.

As such, having something that works as a "man in the middle" controller reduces all the complexities with TRUE "pedal control" tuning via MHD/etc.

This product would simply allow you to develop a more customized throttle curve, no more, no less - it will NOT make your car faster. It CANNOT tell the DME to move the throttle FASTER than the stock pedal would.

However, it should still be stated that the BMW curves for sport and sport+ modes will still impact the performance of this product, which is pretty significant. However, that is inevitable, unless there was some sort of CANBUS communication built in for this product to monitor the state the vehicle was in.

All in all, to address the "tuning vs interceptor" idea, I believe that the vast majority of people will be highly satisfied with an interceptor like this.

Appreciate 0