E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > N46 rocker cover gasket

08-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Jimmy-F46 M-sport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f46 220d msport, R56 Cooper s

N46 rocker cover gasket

Hi all, by the looks of things my car (2004 120i) needs a rocker cover gasket. What I want to know is it nessessary to fit a BMW gasket or is a gasket a gasket in this case? Seen some gaskets ranging from £15 to £70, I've had a quote from my local Indy for about £200 to supply and fit (oem gasket). Does this seem reasonable and has anyone had a rocker cover gasket changed and what did you use and how did it fair?

Any info would be great
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-320d View Post
Hi all, by the looks of things my car (2004 120i) needs a rocker cover gasket. What I want to know is it nessessary to fit a BMW gasket or is a gasket a gasket in this case? Seen some gaskets ranging from £15 to £70, I've had a quote from my local Indy for about £200 to supply and fit (oem gasket). Does this seem reasonable and has anyone had a rocker cover gasket changed and what did you use and how did it fair?

Any info would be great
A gasket from Euro's will suffice we've done a few using theirs with no overall issues and they are cheaper, of course as well benifit of a BMW supplied gasket are if it leaks within 2 years under their warranty they'll have it back, trouble is if the leaks down to substandard fitting then the warranty null and void.
      08-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #3
Jimmy-F46 M-sport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f46 220d msport, R56 Cooper s

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
A gasket from Euro's will suffice we've done a few using theirs with no overall issues and they are cheaper, of course as well benifit of a BMW supplied gasket are if it leaks within 2 years under their warranty they'll have it back, trouble is if the leaks down to substandard fitting then the warranty null and void.
Cheers Steve 👍 good to know that
Appreciate 0