E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Bluetooth and Nokia N95 (335i 2008)

07-31-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
systech
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i (sold) 997.2 Carrera S

Bluetooth and Nokia N95 (335i 2008)

Just got my newish (Oct 2008) 335i with DCT yesterday and must say I am amazed at the versatility and flexibility of the car with the DCT. In normal use in fully auto mode it can be quite subdued (unless of course you plant it) but stick it in Manual / Sequential and Sport mode and the pussycat turns into a veritable tiger !

Just one issue...while I managed to link the Iphone and tranferr it's address book to the car via Bluetooth, have only managed to link "her indoor's" Nokia N95 BUT have not managed to successfully transferr her address book to the car.

Gave up waiting after a minute or two. Has anyone else had any experience with such matters and/or this particular phone or am I just not waiting long enough ?

I do note that the latest bluetooth info on the BMW website does not list this particular phone as being compatible (although the N96 is which I think is very similar in capability).

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
MNR0
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i (also own an LS1)

N95 address book didn't work with my 335i. I upgraded to an N96 and works like a charm

I've driven jsut about every other 5/3 series out there, and they all have their own quirks with Nokia
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

A friend of mine sent me a patch some time ago which enabled my N95 to transfer the contacts via bluetooth to the IDrive on my 08 135i with pro nav..

I will have a look at my work PC on Monday and see if I still have this patch and can email to you if you like...just PM me your email address..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
systech
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i (sold) 997.2 Carrera S

PM sent. Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by systech View Post
PM sent. Thanks !
No probs...Have received your PM and will send on Monday..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by systech View Post
Just got my newish (Oct 2008) 335i with DCT yesterday and must say I am amazed at the versatility and flexibility of the car with the DCT. In normal use in fully auto mode it can be quite subdued (unless of course you plant it) but stick it in Manual / Sequential and Sport mode and the pussycat turns into a veritable tiger !

Just one issue...while I managed to link the Iphone and tranferr it's address book to the car via Bluetooth, have only managed to link "her indoor's" Nokia N95 BUT have not managed to successfully transfer her address book to the car.

Gave up waiting after a minute or two. Has anyone else had any experience with such matters and/or this particular phone or am I just not waiting long enough ?

I do note that the latest bluetooth info on the BMW website does not list this particular phone as being compatible (although the N96 is which I think is very similar in capability).

Any ideas?
I'm having a little issue with my new phone samsung ultra touch pairing the phone to the car alright but when you start the car it doesn't won't to connect with no signal strength shown on the sat nav until you just ring a number from the phone and the car picks it straight away and the signal appears on the dash as my k800 works perfect. just a little hiccup.
Does anybody know why you have use the phone first and then it connects to the car.