E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > CIC retrofit coding questions

06-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
Mr.MSport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 330D

CIC retrofit coding questions

I know this is an old one, but I've done loads of research on this before posting as information is ambiguous and dependant very much on personal circumstance... I am new to coding with NCS expert but I am computer literate and am pretty comfotable with coding.

I have retrofitted a DAB version of CIC to replace my CCC unit in my pre-lci '06 e91 including screen and controller.

I have used NCS to code the CIC to my car (changed manufacture date to #0909 and coded to car) but obviously the Nav is greyed out - I have only seen 1 way of getting nav to work which is by using CIC Patcher v2 method.

I have some questions regarding this.

- I would need to change the VIN on the CIC using Tool32 before the patcher will work as if the VIN doesn't match the CIC?

- The method recommends upgrading to the latest software version for CIC. I checked my version via NCS and it is on C08 - an old version. What are my options for this? Is it worth updating CIC software (I dont have combox and don't intend on getting one) how would I benefit from updating before using this method or is it a pointless expense? I think I read it gives 3D maps and other stuff.

- I have read that the only way to update the CIC is via Ethernet ENET so as I don't have that an Ethernet to ODB2 cable like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DWPQZ...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I would also need some kind of drip power to keep the battery at 14v so the CIC doesn't brick. Any recommendations?

- Before coding there was HVAC control on the CIC which is now missing and only has a timer on it - How would I code this back in?
- Before coding DAB was an option in radio mode (it has a DAB integrated tuner). This is gone, so I was going to change radio_DAB to aktiv. Is this enough? there are other entries...

DAB_laendervarianten currently set as nicht aktiv
DAB_DABfollowing currently aktiv
following_DAB_FM currently aktiv
radio_DAB_varienten set to single-tuner-single-hw
DAB_band set to BEIDE

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
Mr.MSport
United Kingdom
Rep

I have added a DAB antenna by using the unused port on the diversity antenna and adding a new fakra port just to clarify.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
Mr.MSport
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #4
du80is
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i

I'm in the process of doing a DAB retrofit to a car already equipped with a CIC. DAB was there when I powered up. The only thing I had to do to get it running was to add $654 to the FA. update the CAS and NFRM then update the CIC. Antenna wise I ran a splitter from the DVB tuner antenna as they run the same frequencies here. But the DAB option was there in the CIC before I connected the antenna.
Im still working my way through a CIC update and restoring the FCS. My ICOM B has decided to quit. :-(
Appreciate 0