E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > drivetrain rumble when stopping

01-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #23
aaddam2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomiri View Post
Vlad, are you still running xHP stage 2? It sounds like your issue is RPM dependent. I'm wondering if it has to do with the TCU tune. After I updated to xHP stage 3 v2.0 and I noticed somewhat similar symptoms.

The downshift threshold seems to be much lower, meaning RPM's are much lower when braking. I get some minor vibrating around 700 RPM when decelerating.
Hmmmmm should I then not update, and stick with v1.3?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #24
Thecastle
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
I have the rumble problem and it was there before xhp tune and the tune for me made no difference. It was introduced when I add the rear subframe inserts but disappears when the engine is really warmed up. I was going to realign the rear subframe but just haven’t had the time to mess with my car. I’ve also been chasing a high speed vibration too, in 95mph+ range by 115 my car is reallly shaking.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #25
jomiri
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaddam2 View Post
Hmmmmm should I then not update, and stick with v1.3?
I like v2.0 a lot more than previous versions. I was on v1.1 hybrid prior. I'd just say keep your trans serviced. Could even be harmless, maybe it's just hitting a resonant frequency the dampers and mounts have issues dealing with. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't imagine the torque converter will be no worse off than the absurd amount of slip you get with the awful stock tcu. I plan on keeping my car forever and I'll keep running v2.0 until the next update, though maybe eventually I'll go for DWR's tune.
      01-04-2018, 12:00 PM   #26
aaddam2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomiri View Post
I like v2.0 a lot more than previous versions. I was on v1.1 hybrid prior. I'd just say keep your trans serviced. Could even be harmless, maybe it's just hitting a resonant frequency the dampers and mounts have issues dealing with. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't imagine the torque converter will be no worse off than the absurd amount of slip you get with the awful stock tcu. I plan on keeping my car forever and I'll keep running v2.0 until the next update, though maybe eventually I'll go for DWR's tune.
I personally not having a rumble issue with the 335d, but i guess trying the v2.0 wont hurt. but wondering if the update had a flaw. Buuut since I've yet to get an answer, how are your shifts at WOT between like 2-3 or 3-4, at higher rpm. when on track i noticed a significant jerk between shifts. any changes with update? (my car is awaiting a dyno tune so i cant test this out myself )
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #27
jomiri
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaddam2 View Post
I personally not having a rumble issue with the 335d, but i guess trying the v2.0 wont hurt. but wondering if the update had a flaw. Buuut since I've yet to get an answer, how are your shifts at WOT between like 2-3 or 3-4, at higher rpm. when on track i noticed a significant jerk between shifts. any changes with update? (my car is awaiting a dyno tune so i cant test this out myself )
Haven't done too many WOT pulls in S mode, recently replaced my thermostat and haven't gone too hard before that. It's pretty different for me, mostly because I'd usually go WOT in D mode, and I was effectively stage 1 with v1.1 hybrid. I don't have any tracks near me and I don't use sport mode a lot, mostly to not put too much stress on the trans since the changes are pretty fierce. From the limited times I have used S mode and WOT, I'd say v2.0 is the just about the same as the previous version. Little rough, but I just assumed its the speed of the shift and the clutch grabbing hard. Someone else can probably give you better feedback.

My main complaint with the old version was the 3-2 downshift. This newest version is definitely an improvement, but I've still had a few somewhat harsh downshifts, all at slow speeds mostly going around turns and up hills. Probably not ideal. If you already have stage 3, I say upgrade to v2.0. You can always change back if you don't like it, only took me about 3 minutes to flash to the newest version!