E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N54 AFR issues

09-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
JDW1303
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

N54 AFR issues

I installed the phoenix racing intake manifold (with the dummy plugs) and in the process the primary O2 sensor was pinched and stopped reading. My car was idling terribly on cold start but when it was warm it idles fine. I babied it for a few days while I needed to drive it and didn't put it over 2,400 rpm.

I got a new O2 sensor but am still getting a code for the O2 sensor "2C39 - Oxygen sensor before catalytic converter: Dynamics". I reflashed it to see if that would change anything but no, still runs terrible. The newest issue is I tried pushing it a little more than I had before and pushed it to 3,200 rpm when getting there the car felt terribly slow and as soon as I hit 1 psi of boost I got misfires. Got new plugs today (old ones were at the end of their life and are now fouled).

I started it up after a few days and it was running worse than before which I assume was due to the fouled plugs but at idle it had a huge backfire which sounded like burbles (I have them tuned out) so I immediately turned off the car.

I am confused here. I wanted some other input but do I need a custom tune? and why is my new sensor not properly reading? Could it be related to the new manifold or could it be a sensor / wiring issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

When the O2 sensor got pinched, is it possible the wire harness for it also got damaged? Since it's an actual new sensor now but you're still getting a sensor code, I think the wiring for the sensor is probably a great place to start.

I saw n54 in the title of your post, but this is the n55 forum, so you may get more responses on the n54 side. But I would be interested yo hear what your issue ends up being when you get it sorted out.
Appreciate 0