E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Anyone around the Tri-cities area

08-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #45
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning20 View Post
whenever im up in tri i dont really see many 335i's i have only seen a white one and a blue one on the road bu then again i dont live up there. here in my town there is only mine and a red one around and a couple other e90's
Do you come to Pasco often?
      08-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #46
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma 3 View Post
I know. We will get together soon. Dont know if I told you but ny nieghbor just bought a white e90.
Yeah, you were telling me about that through text the other day. 3 white ones now in a few block radius!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 03:17 AM   #47
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealot72 View Post
Yeah, you were telling me about that through text the other day. 3 white ones now in a few block radius!
No. yours makes 4
      08-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

They seem to be popping up everywhere. I wonder if it has to do with the new dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #49
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

ehh I think its the new model. The dealership didnt have any certified preowned when the opended, and didnt get many after that. Prices are falling.
      08-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #50
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No. yours makes 4
FAB-U-LOUS!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #51
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

Quote:
Do you come to Pasco often?
usually just kennewick for the mall or to go eat with the fam but i was up in pasco about a month ago to get my windows re tinted then while the boat races were going on me and my bro went to crazy moose afterwards, i drive a black e90 with rims and oregon ducks plate cover on the back
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #52
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
usually just kennewick for the mall or to go eat with the fam but i was up in pasco about a month ago to get my windows re tinted then while the boat races were going on me and my bro went to crazy moose afterwards, i drive a black e90 with rims and oregon ducks plate cover on the back
I think I have you your car in town before on a sunday on road 68.
      08-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #53
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep

been on that road before but its been a long time. So not sure if i missed it but is that bmw dealership open in richland?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #54
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yep, BMW of Tri-Cities. They took over the franchise from Hahn at the end of May and have been growing (slowly) since. The wife and I have a new X3 on order with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #55
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hopefully Tim Bush has gotten better at their service and their sales over the past few years. I bought the womans car there about 3.5 years ago and they were horrible. I know saying that is respective to ones experiences, but I have bought quite a few cars over my years and that was my experience with them. I am not really looking forward to bringing my car in there for service, but I will have an open mind and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #56
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

I know what you mean. I've had friends buy cars there with mixed results. But, I figured it was worth a shot since they're now dealing in new cars and it's a different market/mindset. We haggled a bit but eventually I think we got a good deal. Only problem is that we need to wait for an allocation (we want it our way) and they're on the bottom of the list for allocations (hold over from when they took over from Hahn).

I'm in the same boat when it comes to maintenance on the M3, but I'm holding out judgment until after we get the X3 (luckily I can wait since the next service isn't due until the new year).
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #57
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
Yep, BMW of Tri-Cities. They took over the franchise from Hahn at the end of May and have been growing (slowly) since. The wife and I have a new X3 on order with them.
thats good to know they are open now so i can get my car serviced close to home instead of driving to portland whenever i need anything done. anyone know if they will honor the hpfp recall have not yet got mine replaced
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #58
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

They should. They hired two techs from Yakima, but then again, they may not have heard about the issue given how relatively new they are. Based on my interactions with them thus far, they seem like they'd make sure to take care of it. If you have them take care of it, post back with your experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #59
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully Tim Bush has gotten better at their service and their sales over the past few years. I bought the womans car there about 3.5 years ago and they were horrible. I know saying that is respective to ones experiences, but I have bought quite a few cars over my years and that was my experience with them. I am not really looking forward to bringing my car in there for service, but I will have an open mind and see how it goes.
Same hear lance. I had my oil changed there, and new break pads, but I was very reluctant.

Quote:
thats good to know they are open now so i can get my car serviced close to home instead of driving to portland whenever i need anything done. anyone know if they will honor the hpfp recall have not yet got mine replaced
If they are dealership they have to honor any and all recalls
      08-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #60
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
They should. They hired two techs from Yakima, but then again, they may not have heard about the issue given how relatively new they are. Based on my interactions with them thus far, they seem like they'd make sure to take care of it. If you have them take care of it, post back with your experience.
Awwww man, NO! They brought the techs from Yakima? That makes me nervous. Back when I was a newbie to the 335i, I would start out to drive and when I would brake, I would hear this clunk from the brake area. Well, later I found out that its just the floating break pads and it was normal. Anyways, beforehand I took it to them and they did some TSB on the rear drive shaft that was not needed and said that was the problem. Well, when I got home and heard the same noise and brought it back, all the way to yakima. They finally told me about the brake pads and the noise it makes when you back up and first go forward.

Also, they had to replace the rear brake pads and senosor on a different occasion, only the rears. A few days later when I detailed the car, inoticed all around the lug nut holes were massive chips, only on the rear rims. They had chipped the paint on my 6 month old custom rims all around the inside and outside of 9 of the 10 lug holes. I contacted the service manager, Hans, and he had me bring the car up and said he would fix them. All they basically did was do a chip repair on the spot towards the outside looked like total crap. It was totally unacceptable. I talked to Hans and he said that was the ony thing they were going to do about it. BS!

Also, when i would set my parking brake and get outof the car, there would be this huge squeak. It was embarassing how loud it was and no I am not huge guy . I asked them to fix that and they really told me that there was nothing they could do about it.

Also, and it does go on. It looks like they dropped a tool on the inner door sill of the drivers side. A huge dent and paint chipped.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant. I am glad they are out of the BMW game. I hope Tim Bush does better and these techs are better. Like i said, I will go into them with an open mind
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #61
lightning20
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Awwww man, NO! They brought the techs from Yakima? That makes me nervous. Back when I was a newbie to the 335i, I would start out to drive and when I would brake, I would hear this clunk from the brake area. Well, later I found out that its just the floating break pads and it was normal. Anyways, beforehand I took it to them and they did some TSB on the rear drive shaft that was not needed and said that was the problem. Well, when I got home and heard the same noise and brought it back, all the way to yakima. They finally told me about the brake pads and the noise it makes when you back up and first go forward.

Also, they had to replace the rear brake pads and senosor on a different occasion, only the rears. A few days later when I detailed the car, inoticed all around the lug nut holes were massive chips, only on the rear rims. They had chipped the paint on my 6 month old custom rims all around the inside and outside of 9 of the 10 lug holes. I contacted the service manager, Hans, and he had me bring the car up and said he would fix them. All they basically did was do a chip repair on the spot towards the outside looked like total crap. It was totally unacceptable. I talked to Hans and he said that was the ony thing they were going to do about it. BS!

Also, when i would set my parking brake and get outof the car, there would be this huge squeak. It was embarassing how loud it was and no I am not huge guy . I asked them to fix that and they really told me that there was nothing they could do about it.

Also, and it does go on. It looks like they dropped a tool on the inner door sill of the drivers side. A huge dent and paint chipped.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant. I am glad they are out of the BMW game. I hope Tim Bush does better and these techs are better. Like i said, I will go into them with an open mind
that scares me the main reason i went to portland was cause i have heard the techs in yakima were not too good. I will do the same and go in with a open mind about them will probably call next week to set something up for the hpfp recall and let you guys know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #62
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

That sounds like a real PITA. I never really dealt with Hahn since they pretty much shunned my calls when I was looking for my M3 - there's no point in going there if they didn't want my business in the first place. Instead, I've had my cars serviced at Kuni (I've had superb service with them) due to recommendations from other BMW owners.

I have heard that Tim Bush hired some new techs in addition to the ones from Hahn. Plus, they've been getting lots of training from BMW corporate. So, maybe the refresher will help. Only time will tell...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 04:03 AM   #63
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

The service advisors at tim bush seem like good guys. I deal with Delvin and he has been good so far. We will see what happens when a situation like the one Lance had pops ups.
      08-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #64
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

We had an issue this week with the 330i (ignition warning associated with the car access system) that required the dealership to address it. Matt did a great job taking care of the car and making sure that we were well informed. This type of service was all the more important since I was out of town so my wife had to deal with getting the repairs done. They treated her really well.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 06:05 AM   #65
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thats good new! hope they can keep it up. I need to go in and get my tps fixed and order some parts for my When is the groits day at mid columbia?
      08-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #66
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

I haven't heard of a Griot's day coming up in the next couple of months. But, they usually have them in February. The club is planning a few events for September like a meet & greet at BMW Tri-Cities, an autocross at the track, and participate in the Dubtober Fest at the end of the month.
Appreciate 0