E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Initial Impressions on BPC N52 Tune

03-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #111
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
Axiom get a life, go out, get a job, get laid or something ... its sad the amount of time u spend here arguing the same point ...

There is more to life than data logging and posting dyno charts
believe me, he does all of this, I see this first hand on snapchat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
as kane said, bow in the presence of greatness.
bro

edit that subie website looks like something from an early 2000s dialup web hosting company.

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      03-21-2017, 09:38 PM   #112
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i '19 M6

Garage List
2019 BMW M6  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I'll put money down that you don't, try me guy. From where I'm sitting here, You're a guy who talking out of his ass and literally STILL has nothing to show for it - you are actually arguing that tunes don't change the partial load maps and that these difference can't be felt, even if this is quantifiable information. This isn't Nasioc, come find me when you can provide something of value.

Edit: Taking an off the shelf map and modifying the exhaust cam timing, and boost targets (with no dyno, no time slips - nada) is tuning now? Ok.
But but but he's a wrenchie! You must respect his authoritay! Or not. Your call. I'm just going to have another drink.
2011 E90 328i 6MT, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+2XBurns, AKG 75D eng/trans, Al/Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors+cooling, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 6pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2463.00
      03-22-2017, 01:10 AM   #113
dancing__narwhal
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m340ix

Well this thread is pretty much gone...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 02:54 AM   #114
WhiteBeard
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: slowly

This is really annoying to see same folks arguing about same thing over and over like a broken record
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #115
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Thread revival! So I’ve been having nothing but problems on my 2011 328 E91 since getting my AA retune after installing AA headers. Unless it gets sorted out soon I’m considering another tune.

Current mods....3SIM, Euro Box K&N filter, Rev silicone intake inlet, AA catless ceramic coated headers, AA Gen 2 axelback, custom resonator.

Anyone with a similar set up running BPC tune with good results? Are there any other options for tune other then AA and BPC? Thanks

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 10-09-2018 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #116
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Thread revival! So I’ve been having nothing but problems on my 2011 328 E91 since getting my AA retune after installing AA headers. Unless it gets sorted out soon I’m considering another tune.

Current mods....3SIM, Euro Box K&N filter, Rev silicone intake inlet, AA catless ceramic coated headers, AA Gen 2 axelback, custom resonator.

Anyone with a similar set up running BPC tune with good results? Are there any other options for tune other then AA and BPC? Thanks
I ran a similar set up for a while (3IM, modded stock intake with silicone and k&n drop in, AA Headers, etc). I had no issues with it. BPC tune worked great with no stumbling or irregularities to report whatsoever.

I have run at least 5 BPC tunes now on my car:

3IM
3IM+Headers
3IM+Headers+MILVs
3IM+Headers+MILVs+7500rpms
N54M+Headers+MILVs+7500rpms

I am very happy with the customer service and the quality of the tuning for each one. No complaints at all!

Last edited by Biginboca; 10-09-2018 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
CSBM52695.50
      10-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #117
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
I ran a similar set up for a while (3IM, modded stock intake with silicone and k&n drop in, AA Headers, etc). I had no issues with it. BPC tune worked great with no stumbling or irregularities to report whatsoever.

I have run at least 5 BPC tunes now on my car:

3IM
3IM+Headers
3IM+Headers+MILVs
3IM+Headers+MILVs+7500rpms
N54M+Headers+MILVs+7500rpms

I am very happy with the customer service and the quality of the tuning for each one. No complaints at all!
Thanks B.B.! I figured you would chime in. I will start looking into BPC as I am very unhappy with the current AA tune. Funny thing is the first AA tune I was running before the header install worked great. Not sure why it’s been such a disaster since. My car literally went into “limp” mode on the drive home after having the retune done. So strange and frustrating!!!!
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3759.50
      10-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #118
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:

I have been running BPC for almost 20k miles now. No issues.
I had following tunes from BPC:
3IM+AA Headers
3IM+ AA Headers+MILVS

Nothing you listed should mess with the tune; unless.... You say you have euro box... are you running mafless tune (alpha n)? Did your box come with a "maf" already installed? If so, switch the maf and you might be good to go. Euro boxes do not come with maf sensor, even thou both sensors look the same. Also, check if your O2 sensors were correctly installed. It is possible that they got swapped into wrong locations. If that's the case, your car will run like crap and no tune would fix it.
Appreciate 1
dwashy64.50
      10-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #119
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Thanks B.B.! I figured you would chime in. I will start looking into BPC as I am very unhappy with the current AA tune. Funny thing is the first AA tune I was running before the header install worked great. Not sure why it’s been such a disaster since. My car literally went into “limp” mode on the drive home after having the retune done. So strange and frustrating!!!!

FLAPS, I also have the AA tune, same issue as yours happened before. I have similar mods but still have the AA tune. What happened was the new tune outputs a power level which is outside of the acceptable safety torque range within BMW's ECU. So it then puts our car into this limp mode. I had gone back and forth with AA couple of times until they finally gave me a tune which has no such issue anymore. But I can feel the power output is a bit lower than before. My guess is they lower the tune a bit to get it right under that threshold where it throws the limp mode. Just to add, when I have the limp mode, my transmission gets limited down to 1st gear only, and a whole bunch of traction control indicators pop up along with the check engine light. After I pull over to the side of the road and shut the car down, restart again, everything's back to normal until it happens again. But the latest update I got from AA I've driven the car for over 6 months, while lowered power output, there aren't any limp mode anymore.

I, too, am looking to go to BPC next. But I'm waiting on my valvecover to leak so i can install the MILV's, then go to BPC for the tune altogether. I am giving up on AA as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #120
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

It's not really outside of a safety range. They just don't know how to fix the problem, so they de-tuned it instead.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 02:25 AM   #121
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
FLAPS, I also have the AA tune, same issue as yours happened before. I have similar mods but still have the AA tune. What happened was the new tune outputs a power level which is outside of the acceptable safety torque range within BMW's ECU. So it then puts our car into this limp mode. I had gone back and forth with AA couple of times until they finally gave me a tune which has no such issue anymore. But I can feel the power output is a bit lower than before. My guess is they lower the tune a bit to get it right under that threshold where it throws the limp mode. Just to add, when I have the limp mode, my transmission gets limited down to 1st gear only, and a whole bunch of traction control indicators pop up along with the check engine light. After I pull over to the side of the road and shut the car down, restart again, everything's back to normal until it happens again. But the latest update I got from AA I've driven the car for over 6 months, while lowered power output, there aren't any limp mode anymore.

I, too, am looking to go to BPC next. But I'm waiting on my valvecover to leak so i can install the MILV's, then go to BPC for the tune altogether. I am giving up on AA as well.
Thanks Yupetc! This is exactly what is happening to me. Traction control light, check engine and downshifts to 1st gear. I pull over shut car off wait a minute or two then restart and its fine until it happens again.
My Performance shop blames my Indy shop and my indy shop blames the performance shop. Meanwhile AA has no answer as well...WTF!!!!

Do you mind if I pm ya for more details on your situation? Hopefully I can get Nick or Andrew at AA to just do a detuned retune.

And thanks again!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 02:27 AM   #122
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
It's not really outside of a safety range. They just don't know how to fix the problem, so they de-tuned it instead.
Well that’s just great 😞
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #123
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
I have been running BPC for almost 20k miles now. No issues.
I had following tunes from BPC:
3IM+AA Headers
3IM+ AA Headers+MILVS

Nothing you listed should mess with the tune; unless.... You say you have euro box... are you running mafless tune (alpha n)? Did your box come with a "maf" already installed? If so, switch the maf and you might be good to go. Euro boxes do not come with maf sensor, even thou both sensors look the same. Also, check if your O2 sensors were correctly installed. It is possible that they got swapped into wrong locations. If that's the case, your car will run like crap and no tune would fix it.
Thanks W37V, I will check those things you mentioned. It’s very possible those could be the culprit. I hope it is, that would be an easy fix!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 03:49 PM   #124
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Thanks Yupetc! This is exactly what is happening to me. Traction control light, check engine and downshifts to 1st gear. I pull over shut car off wait a minute or two then restart and its fine until it happens again.
My Performance shop blames my Indy shop and my indy shop blames the performance shop. Meanwhile AA has no answer as well...WTF!!!!

Do you mind if I pm ya for more details on your situation? Hopefully I can get Nick or Andrew at AA to just do a detuned retune.

And thanks again!!!!
Flaps, shoot me a PM, we'll talk about it off to the side. I don't want to openly bash AA all due to this issue and let it discredit their entire sleuth of good products out there. Their headers, exhaust, and other working products are still of high quality. So it's not fair for this hiccup take down the entire business rapport they developed with the lot of us.

But hearing what Hass said about the detune, I'm super bummed now. Definitely going to BPC after I put the MILV's on. Just to think about all the money I spent on the simon tool and the tune, (sigh)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #125
dwashy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:

I've got headers, MILV's, 3IM (stock on my 330i) and the BPC tune. Power is great, although I've got a slight idle hunt. That could be my DMF failing or a few other things though. Also not too upset given that my tune is just off the shelf, and hasn't been individually dyno tuned. Maybe it will if I get a supercharger Anyways, I'm quite happy with it
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #126
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwashy View Post
I've got headers, MILV's, 3IM (stock on my 330i) and the BPC tune. Power is great, although I've got a slight idle hunt. That could be my DMF failing or a few other things though. Also not too upset given that my tune is just off the shelf, and hasn't been individually dyno tuned. Maybe it will if I get a supercharger Anyways, I'm quite happy with it
hunting idle with normal especially within first few thousand miles from the flash. It gets better with time. You can try to "fix" it by clearing all adaptations etc. But usually goes away by itself. Unless you have some other issue such as vacuum leak.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #127
Phyrexia
Resident Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 335i 8AT

No idling issues with my setup.