E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Low Battery Warning Even After Replacing With New Battery. Also Overheating?

04-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #23
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Yeah I live in New York City. Believe it or not Walmart is like water in the desert here.

We are likely to run into aliens from Mars than a Walmart.

I've also grown to realize they are corners you can't cut with these cars and batteries seem to be one of them.
Walmart in Linden NJ is easy to get to outside of rush hour. Make it a shopping day and stop at IKEA while you're at it!

Seriuosly though, these Walmart batteries are just fine for the E90 and there are no corners being cut. Lots of people run them without issue. I'm on borrowed time with 9 years on my Duralast Gold battery but I plan to replace it with this Walmart battery.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:09 AM   #24
MyCar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Yea I'm still at 65k, and I think mine only failed because I spilled oil on it...
Spilled oil on the water pump?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 01:11 AM   #25
MyCar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalN54 View Post
Did u ever get this sorted out?
I had my water pump and thermostat replaced. All good now.

New battery coded/registered got my air conditioner working again! If your AC/heater dies it can be your battery!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #26
Schmitz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Yea I'm still at 65k, and I think mine only failed because I spilled oil on it...
Spilled oil on the water pump?
Yea... I had an issue with the oil filter and when I went to change it out, the oil hadn't drained from the oil filter housing (the filter was blocking it from draining). So when I took the cap off, oil came out and got on the alternator and I guess either gunked it up or shorted it.

It's certainly a weird situation... But I got it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #27
N52bigblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCar View Post
I had my water pump and thermostat replaced. All good now.

New battery coded/registered got my air conditioner working again! If your AC/heater dies it can be your battery!
Yes you are totally correct. The power management system shuts down electrical consumers like heated seats, a/c, heated rear windows and quite a few others if the batteries state of health is poor. Just fitting a new battery will not restore these functions. The simple solution is to ALWAYS register your new battery as this resets the power management system and allows these functions to work again. Lots of people on this forum say battery registration does nothing. Bullshit! It does plenty. Just do it people. It takes all of 2 mins!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #28
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
Yeah I live in New York City. Believe it or not Walmart is like water in the desert here.

We are likely to run into aliens from Mars than a Walmart.

I've also grown to realize they are corners you can't cut with these cars and batteries seem to be one of them.
The manufacturers of almost every battery sold in the US comes from three manufacturers - the majority being from Johnson Controls.

It's a giant white label business.
Appreciate 0