E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Strongflex strut rod buhings

10-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Boosted12a
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i x

Strongflex strut rod buhings

Installed the strong flex bushings last night. Man what a difference! My driver's side was fubar and the passenger side still had the fluid in it but when I pulled the arm down after dicoing the ball joint it tore and started leaking. Relative easy as far as bushings go. Shot the bushings and arm across the garage a few times. The bushing is verry sensitive to the pressure being off center but she you dead on she pops right in. I used the supplied grease on the passenger side but I put some graphite grease on the driver's side so we'll see which one starts to squeak first. I see no down side to these bushings. Better road feel, more responsiveness to steering input and no fighting the wheel when you hit the brakes. I'm sure the difference wouldn't be as noticable on replacing good bushings. Shipping took I think 3 weeks so not bad from the UK. For the price I wouldn't mess with replacing your old bushings with stockers. These are the way to go!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #2
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

How did you push the new bushing in? I know they are not two pieces bushing like powerflex.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 06:23 AM   #3
Boosted12a
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i x

Hydrastic press. I have the mid range cheapie from harbor freight. Worth it's weight in gold!
Appreciate 0