E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Maintaining vinyl car wrap that will live outside/in the sun?

07-23-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
pjr710
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Maintaining vinyl car wrap that will live outside/in the sun?

Hey guys i just got done wrapping my car. It's a matte metallic blue. It's going to live outside in the northeast. It's been out there for probably a week now and i'm starting to get paranoid about the sun and UV. Mainly b/c i watched a video of a guy who showed his wrap after 3 years and he had burn marks on his trunk and rear quarter.

I want to maintain my wrap so that doesn't happen, but i also don't want to be fanatical about it. I read on chemical guys website a guy who says he sprays his car every morning! I don't have time for that! especially not with an n54!

Anyway i was wondering if anyone with experience can provide some tips/advice on how to keep this wrap in good shape over time while being outside?

I was going to ceramic coat, but didn't, I do have it sitting right by me. My current plan was to see how it held up without it.

From what i read i know they say to clean it every 2 weeks which i'm OK with that. So then my mind has been going towards the UV rays, I have an Avery Dennison Sealant, so I was thinking maybe wash and seal every two weeks.

Looking forward to some knowledge being share hopefully!

And here's some pics just because!

Appreciate 0