E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Error code glow plug cyl:2?

07-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Gaspo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: E91 320D -2009

Error code glow plug cyl:2?

Hello guys!

A while ago i did a little run with INPA software on my car. I noticed I had an error code on glow plug nr:2. Acitivaton/control. The car runs fine so I just erased the code. I checked with INPA the day after no code and the day after that etc nothing. But after about a week the error was back. Did the same thing again erased etc. After a while it came back. Ok I thought I'll change it maybe its broken. I replaced all 4 glow plugs. Because it's a little pain in the as to get to these glow plugs. I measured the resistance on all 4 old glow plugs. Everyone was working??!!. Strange I thought. I erased the code and same procedure it was back. So my thoughts are now maybe it's the glow plug relay/module that's making this problem? Or the wire to the glow plug from the relay?

What's your thoughts? Is it worth making any more effort on this or should I wait and see if there will be some more error codes on any other glow plug? Like I wrote the car seems to run perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0