E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Question about DEPO projector headlights for LCI Halogens

06-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Question about DEPO projector headlights for LCI Halogens

Does the eBay seller (or any seller) that sells these DEPO projector beam headlights with LED angel eyes basically just buy DEPO halogen reflector headlights in bulk and then retrofit them with a Projector lens for the low beam and add LED angel eye rings? I browsed through DEPO's parts catalog and it doesn't seem like they even have this item, but they do have the standard halogen (OE style) reflector housing units.

This is what FishCake is selling, Pre LCI look but fits on LCI models with Halogens

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-Factor...MAAOxy4kpQ~NUs
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
RocketSurgeon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Manual, CBR650F

They actually address that towards the bottom of the listing. They claim that the headlights are a special version exclusive to them, and the LED rings are factory installed by DEPO.
That said, I have some experience with those high power led rings, and individual chips burn out with annoying regularity.
Appreciate 0