E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Achu's E93 3DIRTY5 Build Thread [PIC HEAVY]

09-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #331
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Looks awesome. Well done.
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #332
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Mate!!! You've been talking me through your stresses but after re reading the issues which occured one after the other... I salute you for hanging in there bro!!!!

I'll be around tuesday and we can fit the JB4 and get some power in the 335i!!!!
I just have my fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

When did you last change your spark plugs, coil packs and plugs?

When are you going to make me some eye lids bro

Are you going to have your sounds ready for Players? PLEASE SAY YES!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 03:19 AM   #333
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian mc21 View Post
Looks awesome. Well done.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Mate!!! You've been talking me through your stresses but after re reading the issues which occured one after the other... I salute you for hanging in there bro!!!!

I'll be around tuesday and we can fit the JB4 and get some power in the 335i!!!!
I just have my fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

When did you last change your spark plugs, coil packs and plugs?

When are you going to make me some eye lids bro

Are you going to have your sounds ready for Players? PLEASE SAY YES!!!
haha tbh they were all pretty minor, but in the end i'm outta pocket around 1.25g :| for just a load of crap....

and yesss i look forward to it

my spark plugs were changed during the major service the car just went through but i would say the coil pack is probably original lol...

also i finally opened the damn glove box (with a massive screw driver), turns out the automatic lock motor had stopped working in the locked position so i just ordered a new one...

and i'll make you some eyebrows when i perfect them because up close they look a little dodgy lol...

tbh the processor doesn't come up on the market too much so i don't even know if i'll have the sounds for players, santa pod or westside

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #334
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Maaaaaannn I feel for you but so glad to see you're still doing what you love to do. Car has come such a long way and looks amazing brother. Hats off!

Interested in the eyelids too dang, hook a brother up !! Lol.
      09-14-2014, 05:03 AM   #335
GX337
Private
Rep
Drives: f30 335d

All my mv4s were seized to the hubs. Best way I found to get them off was loosen the bolts so only hand tight and then drop the car, raise the car again and rotate wheel and drop again, should just knock off after this.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #336
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Maaaaaannn I feel for you but so glad to see you're still doing what you love to do. Car has come such a long way and looks amazing brother. Hats off!

Interested in the eyelids too dang, hook a brother up !! Lol.
haha thanks bro... but now it's a case of so much planned but so little money... a new job where i'm starting at the bottom means i'm so broke LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX337 View Post
All my mv4s were seized to the hubs. Best way I found to get them off was loosen the bolts so only hand tight and then drop the car, raise the car again and rotate wheel and drop again, should just knock off after this.
my dad advised me to do this but i was so scared i was gonna break something!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #337
bamboostk86
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328I E93  [10.00]
2009 bmw X3  [0.00]
straight dope

Stay clean my friends
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #338
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboostk86 View Post
straight dope
haha thanks bro

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 02:06 AM   #339
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
haha thanks bro... but now it's a case of so much planned but so little money... a new job where i'm starting at the bottom means i'm so broke LOL
Why do you think I've not gone Air Ride yet LOL. New job and same situation but I'm happy that I'm in the field I am in now so slowly working my way back up
      09-16-2014, 05:15 AM   #340
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Why do you think I've not gone Air Ride yet LOL. New job and same situation but I'm happy that I'm in the field I am in now so slowly working my way back up
ahh mann, exactly the same boat... im so tempted to go back and make way more money but i gotta think long term

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #341
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Must say the car is looking top notch. The nightmare about running fitment with a wrap is rubbing just destroys the wrap.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #342
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

i had the same problem on my old r32. the wheel wouldnt come off at all. had a guy whos benching around 160kg try and take it off but no look...in the end i had to take all bolts off and drive about 10yards with no bolts on. jack back up and it got looser dangerous i know but shit happens

Oh btw your car is looking fooking incredible

Big to you
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #343
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

pics do not do this car justice! looks awesome IRL!!!

nice work bro!
      09-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #344
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

How do the Vreds size up to other tire brands? I heard they are like 2 sizes smaller? like a 295 fits like a 275?
is that true?
what sizes are you running and what wheel widths? I am curous as to how they stretch...
      09-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #345
umut335i
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible 2007

Mate, what a nightmare!!

Still though at least you've been able to come back from it... my cars still the way you saw it... Been on holiday and working hard so had no money or time to get the wheel sorted or to do anything to it..

Im looking to get sorted by the end of october so if you guys head to any meets that sort of time let me know.

I need to get my wheel refurbed, engine bits fitted, get some spacers, get an exhaust and i want a nicer steering wheel! Lool... if you know someone who can so a decent wheel refurb without breaking the bank thatd be good!

See you havent managed to get round to fitting the jb4... let me know how it is when its on.

U
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #346
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalize View Post
Must say the car is looking top notch. The nightmare about running fitment with a wrap is rubbing just destroys the wrap.
definitely! it's torn up the wrap where the quarter panel meets the bumper and also inside the arch and now the edge of the wings too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
i had the same problem on my old r32. the wheel wouldnt come off at all. had a guy whos benching around 160kg try and take it off but no look...in the end i had to take all bolts off and drive about 10yards with no bolts on. jack back up and it got looser dangerous i know but shit happens

Oh btw your car is looking fooking incredible

Big to you
haha yeah my dad told me to do that but i was too shook! i've taken the wheels off again and they still need some heavy duty kicks but they're better than before

aha thank you bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
pics do not do this car justice! looks awesome IRL!!!

nice work bro!
lool thank's bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
How do the Vreds size up to other tire brands? I heard they are like 2 sizes smaller? like a 295 fits like a 275?
is that true?
what sizes are you running and what wheel widths? I am curous as to how they stretch...
well noo, they size up normal to everything i've had before, same as toyos pirellis and falkens... but goodyear, michellin and contis go wider than others... i'll post up some more pictures, but what you can see is 275/30 on 19x11j...

Quote:
Originally Posted by umut335i View Post
Mate, what a nightmare!!

Still though at least you've been able to come back from it... my cars still the way you saw it... Been on holiday and working hard so had no money or time to get the wheel sorted or to do anything to it..

Im looking to get sorted by the end of october so if you guys head to any meets that sort of time let me know.

I need to get my wheel refurbed, engine bits fitted, get some spacers, get an exhaust and i want a nicer steering wheel! Lool... if you know someone who can so a decent wheel refurb without breaking the bank thatd be good!

See you havent managed to get round to fitting the jb4... let me know how it is when its on.

U
ahh man sounds so long but definitely familiar haha, i'm totally broke after spending a bomb on the car... but ahh wells.... definitely will let you know about any meets coming up... and yup 2 guys for wheel refurbs i know, voodoo motorsports in hertforshire or custom cars in hayes... both good but you mighta seen the contraversy around custom cars lol...

and bruh, i've fitted it with the help of Josh... ohh my gawd, i am loving it... dragged and beat a tuned e46 m3 the other day i will post update soon...

getting new brake discs on atm and each locating bolt has seized on

update will follow shortly

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #347
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
well noo, they size up normal to everything i've had before, same as toyos pirellis and falkens... but goodyear, michellin and contis go wider than others... i'll post up some more pictures, but what you can see is 275/30 on 19x11j...
Ok good, I am thinking of ordering the same sizes, I wish they made 285/30/19's...
love the tread pattern.
      10-03-2014, 07:25 AM   #348
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

a little update for you guys... nothing much really...

the new wider tyres have been eating up my fender:

you can see the silver has become very polished and the wrap has been ripping off...

borrowed an arch roller and got rolling... also the other side was cutting into on tyre so i rolled it all the way down:

now it only rubs on dips and on the motorway... the rim protector and the sidewall rubs but that's pretty minor... i like the fitment...

as you guys mighta know, i was getting a steering wobble when braking... i was split between the arms and the brakes... usually people swap them together but my discs had plenty of life in them so i did the arms... turns out it was a bit of both... the arms reduced the shaking a lot but there was still vibrations slowing down at high speed... so new brakes it was:

i was gonna go for Stoptech, Black Diamond or Nitrac... in the end I decided on BDs but they were no longer in stock... and then someone told me about Mtech... and these discs were so cheap, i had to try them out... i got all 4 drilled and slotted, with paint protection to stop the hub, holes and slots rusting...

i started work on the first... and then... the bloody locator nut rounded.... so we drilled... and this drill took forever :| i think it took me about 3 hours to get the damn bolt out... without having a mate to help me, i think it would have been really demotivating:

apparently i didn't use the proper technique to get it out... you need to soak it in WD40 and then give it enough hits with a soft hammer to get out the screw... thought we'd be okay for the otherside... but noooo, it rounded again:

you can see how i drilled it...

in the end it just took too long and i had to go out... left the car on the ramp like this:

the next morning, i got up early and decided i'm gonna bang this out quick time... no messing about... drilled like a motherfvker:

you can see how much of the bolt was still left in the hub...

my setup:

i had to drill the rear passenger side too...

picture of the new disk on the rear

(also you can see I painted the calipers gloss black... i wasn't feeling the red)

and then, on the last disc:

it was a bloody miracle...

anyways, lessons learnt:
- use a fvck load of WD40
- use the right tools (a bigger drill piece helped)... i drill for ages with a 8mm... but i moved to a 12mm and drill until i hit the brake disc (it will start smoking) and then smacked it with a heavy duty hammer and it broke off...
- don't give up! sometimes it feels like it's just not gonna happen....

i don't even care that this was a minor brake disc change, i'm proud of myself lol

this is how the discs look right now:

that was santa pod... and on the strip:

oh and then a few videos i appear in lol:

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #349
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

oh and next i've got a custom cold air intake to make... my inspiration was Mr. 5 i'm pretty excited...

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #350
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Oh sweet! Just noticed I'm in the BMW Show video too, 1:18 to 1:20 - blink and you'll miss it! I remember them filming it now, just when I came back from the track
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #351
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Blood hell!!!

Brake disc change from hell right!!!!!

Looks better now though!!!!

You need my rear BBK in your life though

My car is in the shop at the moment bro getting the sounds sorted and a full on install as i got jealous of yours.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #352
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Mate ring around 2 a few garages to see how much they'll charge to get the remainder of the bolt out byou've done the hard work already in drilling off the head. They just need to drill a small hole and insert a reverse tap and screw it out. Doubt you'd even need to remove the discs. Also on the one that came out ok did you put it back in with copper slip grease to prevent it seizing again?
Appreciate 0