E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino Z2Pro & Z-5

07-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

Zaino Z2Pro & Z-5

I have a jet black 325i. The car is roughly 5 weeks old now. I performed the zaino stuff 2 weeks ago (Dawn, Clay, ZFX with Z-5 and then the Z-2Pro with z-6 between layers).

Zaino is everything I have thought it would be...incredible gloss, depth etc...
However, in maintaining the gloss and layering, should I be using Z-5 after the wash with z-7 or z-2? I want to get the most awesomest (love my slang) shine you can see on a jet black. Is there really anything more I can do? (Maybe I should have gotten Black Sapphire Metallic instead?)

Thanks!
      07-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBimmer
I have a jet black 325i. The car is roughly 5 weeks old now. I performed the zaino stuff 2 weeks ago (Dawn, Clay, ZFX with Z-5 and then the Z-2Pro with z-6 between layers).

Zaino is everything I have thought it would be...incredible gloss, depth etc...
However, in maintaining the gloss and layering, should I be using Z-5 after the wash with z-7 or z-2? I want to get the most awesomest (love my slang) shine you can see on a jet black. Is there really anything more I can do? (Maybe I should have gotten Black Sapphire Metallic instead?)

Thanks!
You don't need to apply a coat of Z5 or Z2 after every Z7 wash. What I would do (only for fanatical Zaino lovers ), is every other wash, do a quick Z6 wipedown. Every fourth wash throw on a quick layer of Z8, and every three months add one layer of Z2 or Z5. That should keep things fresh and new.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
NovaBimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 325i 6MT

DavidN,

Maybe you're right about only putting it every 2-3 mos or so...But what about those who layer it (i.e. the pic of the 350z with 50 layers of zaino from the zaino website)?
      07-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaBimmer
DavidN,

Maybe you're right about only putting it every 2-3 mos or so...But what about those who layer it (i.e. the pic of the 350z with 50 layers of zaino from the zaino website)?
I've always believed that more layers does not equal better. There is a point of diminshing returns. I think after about 3 layers of Zaino, you won't see any difference in appearance. Where you will see appearance gains is during the paint prep phase. Claying and multi step polishing (for neglected paint) will make the paint shine a lot more than multiple layers of product ever will.

As for the pics on the site, who knows how well those owners prepped their cars before they applied Zaino.
Appreciate 0