E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > FS: OEM M-tech rear bumper Nor/So Cal

01-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #23
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Well, I got the bumper, but guess I was too naive in believing that the bumper I expected to receive was in good condition after paying $500. But hell I was wrong because the bumper I got was damaged. I was told it was damaged during transportation. and the following pictures show only damages from the left side, there are damages all over the bumper!!!

Wasn't the bumper supposed to come in well packaged? I didn't see any box came with the bumper. Since I already paid in advance, I had to take it and tried to return, but was told it was sold as it was.

Anyway, if any brave soul out there think he won't mind getting this bumper and fixing up, I can let you have it for $400, a 20% off.

Last thing, please don't flame me and call me stupid (because maybe I was). Only thing I did wrong was trusting someone I should had never trusted.
Attached Images

01-21-2007, 03:55 AM   #24
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:
Originally Posted by wla10000 View Post
I was told it was damaged during transportation. and the following pictures show only damages from the left side, there are damages all over the bumper!!!
Where is the damage all over the bumper? Do you have pictures of the other spots of damage?

From what I can see, it appears the bumper is unpainted which means it is primed. When you get the bumper painted, any reputable body shop will first sand down your bumper and make it smooth to ensure that the bumper is ready to be painted. That means that those parts that are damaged will not matter when the time comes to be painted because it will have been smoothed over.

I don't think you are stupid, but I get this feeling that you bought something and maybe you realized you don't want it anymore. To me the damage is not an issue because the bumper has not been painted. I truly believe that can be fixed form my own personal experience. I don't think that blaming the seller will resolve your problem.

Good luck with your sale, I am sure you will find someone to take the bumper at the price you are offering.

Also, do you have all the pieces that come with the rear bumper? I know that some people who bought just the rear bumper had to buy the diffuser and mounting brackets seperately. If you have all the pieces needed, then this is one hell of deal for a OEM M-tech rear bumper. I know people had to pay extra for the mounting brackets for the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #25
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
thats primed right? that means you have to resand and reprime?

+1 to puck... if it was painted you'd have more things to worry about. the priming doesnt really matter.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #26
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
Where is the damage all over the bumper? Do you have pictures of the other spots of damage?

From what I can see, it appears the bumper is unpainted which means it is primed. When you get the bumper painted, any reputable body shop will first sand down your bumper and make it smooth to ensure that the bumper is ready to be painted. That means that those parts that are damaged will not matter when the time comes to be painted because it will have been smoothed over.

I don't think you are stupid, but I get this feeling that you bought something and maybe you realized you don't want it anymore. To me the damage is not an issue because the bumper has not been painted. I truly believe that can be fixed form my own personal experience. I don't think that blaming the seller will resolve your problem.
I am not here to blackmail/blame anyone but myself.

When I buy something, anything, I expect the product to be protected or packaged in some way, some plastic bag or paper box. But I got the bumper without any protection, no plastic bag or paper box. To be fair, the diffuser and another piece are wrapped in plastic bag, so they are in perfect condition.

I am not an expert of body repairing, so can't say what is fixable and what is not. I am only here to honestly tell my side of the story, and taking pictures of the damaged bumper for potential buyers, if any.

I liked the bumper, that was why I bought it. If I can ever sell this damaged bumper, I will use the money and buy the whole kit from dealer and find a potential buyer for the front while keeping the rear bumper. I think I can definitely expect some kind of guarantee from a BMW dealer.

Below is damage from a different corner, and the whole kit I got, a total of 5 pieces.
Attached Images

01-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #27
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
thats primed right? that means you have to resand and reprime?

+1 to puck... if it was painted you'd have more things to worry about. the priming doesnt really matter.
Yes, it is primed. But pictures can't really tell the severity of the damage since it is 2D nor 3D. It is not some minor scratches, the corners (both sides) got cut away, some very deep scuffs. Although I am not an expert of body repairing, I can say that they need patching .

I am only here to tell my side of the story and warn future buyers.
      01-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #28
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
wow...what a jerk off...buyer beware??? LOL... first off man, you said you are not a body man so you dont know is this is fixable or not. you should stop yapping your gums and listen..i told you when you came to pick up the bumper that when the bumper is ready for paint, the body shop should know how to prep it so it wont show when it gets painted. i save your punk ass so much money on this deal and you come out and say " buyer beware" you have no idea how big the box is. the box will not have fit in my truck nor my van. i didnt charge you one penny to bring it up to you. i didnt even get a thanks from you. this is the thanks i get for being a nice guy. i should have made you pay the shipping fees. then you would have recieved a perfect bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2007, 06:58 PM   #29
Chesmu
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]

i REALLY wish we had that "popcorn" smiley right now....
      01-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #30
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wla10000 View Post
Yes, it is primed. But pictures can't really tell the severity of the damage since it is 2D nor 3D. It is not some minor scratches, the corners (both sides) got cut away, some very deep scuffs. Although I am not an expert of body repairing, I can say that they need patching .

I am only here to tell my side of the story and warn future buyers.
If I didn't know better, I would be concerned just like you, but since the bumper is primed, it has to be prepped for painting. During that process, those scuffs are easily fixed and sanded.

I understand the psyche of the new car (esp. BMW) owner, as I too am very perfectionistic, but trust it will be immaculate by the time it is painted.
      01-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #31
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
wow...what a jerk off...buyer beware??? LOL... first off man, you said you are not a body man so you dont know is this is fixable or not. you should stop yapping your gums and listen..i told you when you came to pick up the bumper that when the bumper is ready for paint, the body shop should know how to prep it so it wont show when it gets painted. i save your punk ass so much money on this deal and you come out and say " buyer beware" you have no idea how big the box is. the box will not have fit in my truck nor my van. i didnt charge you one penny to bring it up to you. i didnt even get a thanks from you. this is the thanks i get for being a nice guy. i should have made you pay the shipping fees. then you would have recieved a perfect bumper.
I am not here to start some argument with you or anyone or asking any sympathy from anyone. Yes, the story could've had a happier ending if the bumper had come with some protection during transportation.

I did ask you for $400 ($100 less) to take it back, didn't I? But you said you don't want it back, that is why I am posting here for sell, that's all.

I am just telling what's happened, and 100% not happy about it. By showing pictures for a potential buyer of the bumper so he knows what condition it is in, if I can ever find a buyer here.
      01-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #32
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman View Post
If I didn't know better, I would be concerned just like you, but since the bumper is primed, it has to be prepped for painting. During that process, those scuffs are easily fixed and sanded.

I understand the psyche of the new car (esp. BMW) owner, as I too am very perfectionistic, but trust it will be immaculate by the time it is painted.
Thanks for the understanding. Actually, I am waiting for response of a body shop since I have sent the pictures to him right after receiving the bumper. Meanwhile, if I can sell it, I will, and get a better one this time from dealer.
      01-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #33
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

01-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #34
zzinco79
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

That seems easy to fix......

Why don't you put it on your car instead of wasting ur money.

I would just fix it and put it on.

$500 for mtech rear? that is very cheap.

Good luck with your sale.

2006 BSM 325i / ZPP / ZSP / Adaptive Xenon / BLK leather interior / Steptronic

Eisenmann racing / K&N Ram charger / M5 rep. wheels / D1S 6000k / Brex white ring / OEM style rear trunk spoiler / M steering / OEM strut bar / Blk line tail light

Future Mod

Hamann lip spolier / Mtech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

Anyone in the Bayarea who is interested can PM me. The $400 is still negotiable, but won't go too low.
      01-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #36
wla10000
Private First Class
Rep

any takers in the bayarea?
      01-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #37
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post

i REALLY wish we had that "popcorn" smiley right now....
hahaha
      01-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #38
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

+1 VERY cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
That seems easy to fix......

Why don't you put it on your car instead of wasting ur money.

I would just fix it and put it on.

$500 for mtech rear? that is very cheap.

Good luck with your sale.
      01-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #39
NaTuReB0Y