E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Bluetooth stopped working

02-20-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
d0nnoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Bluetooth stopped working

Hey guys,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue I am having with my cars bluetooth.

Some information:

the car: 2011 BMW 328i with iDrive
the phone: Google Pixel 3 XL

This morning I was in my vehicle and my phone and car bt were paired. However, I noticed that the music was only coming from my phone and not streaming to my vehicle. So I restarted my phone and unpaired/paired it again and still was having the same issue.

I then restarted my car's bluetooth by unchecking/checking the bluetooth box via the menu options. Additionally I turned the car off and back on.

I am still not able to connect to the car. I get up to the screen where you have to put in a code (0000) for both devices and I get a message along the lines of "an error has occurred, try again" on my Bmw menu screen.

Anybody ever have the same issue and was able to successfully resolve it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnoo View Post
Hey guys,

I am trying to troubleshoot an issue I am having with my cars bluetooth.

Some information:

the car: 2011 BMW 328i with iDrive
the phone: Google Pixel 3 XL

This morning I was in my vehicle and my phone and car bt were paired. However, I noticed that the music was only coming from my phone and not streaming to my vehicle. So I restarted my phone and unpaired/paired it again and still was having the same issue.

I then restarted my car's bluetooth by unchecking/checking the bluetooth box via the menu options. Additionally I turned the car off and back on.

I am still not able to connect to the car. I get up to the screen where you have to put in a code (0000) for both devices and I get a message along the lines of "an error has occurred, try again" on my Bmw menu screen.

Anybody ever have the same issue and was able to successfully resolve it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would try the firmware update by USB for the combox:

http://www.bmw.com/_common/shared/ow...n/UPD01008.bin

But more than likely your combox could be crapping out. I had a customer combox start to do that and then it completely died.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
d0nnoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
I would try the firmware update by USB for the combox:

http://www.bmw.com/_common/shared/ow...n/UPD01008.bin

But more than likely your combox could be crapping out. I had a customer combox start to do that and then it completely died.
Thank you for your response!
Appreciate 0