E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Another plane crash (yeah, ANOTHER Airbus)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
This happened in february at Schiphol airport Amsterdam:
Don't forget there was a fairy new 737-800 that crashed at Cameroon last year...but media only covered for a short while and forgot it.....
as well as the 737-800 that caught on fire in Okinawa-Naha airport....turns out to be a poor design slat bolt that punctured the fuel tank when the slats were retracts...

thank god no one seriously injured and died and we found the cause and makes 737 a safer aircraft....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #24
chazzz
Captain
chazzz's Avatar
53
Rep
695
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (3)

Southwest flies 737s more than any carrier in the world (over five hundred Boeing 737s). According to Southwest website, they fly 3,300 flights PER day.

Not even one, single fatal crash by Southwest Airlines!!

I guess the founder and president Herb knocks on the wood every morning in his office, along with his lucky old 20 year old coffe mug.
__________________
SOLD - 2007 BMW 335i Sedan, Montego Blue with Lemon seats, AluFelgen CS7 rims & Continental DW tires

CURRENT - 2009 Mercedes C350 Sedan, Palladium Silver, Grey/Black interior, all stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #25
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
Southwest flies 737s more than any carrier in the world (over five hundred Boeing 737s). According to Southwest website, they fly 3,300 flights PER day.

Not even one, single fatal crash by Southwest Airlines!!

I guess the founder and president Herb knocks on the wood every morning in his office, along with his lucky old 20 year old coffe mug.
wasn't Southwest was fined by the FAA last year for maintenance issues???

There are also thousands of Airbus flying around the world....with Boeing and Airbus share about 50/50 of the world wide aviation....we were used to have some Boeing crashed and a few Airbuses because there wasn't that many 15 years ago....now they both share the same amount of market...in terms of probability.....there's going to be more Airbus accidents....

it doesn't matter how brillant the aircraft was manufactured or the control system was....flying with morons and irresponsible airlines....careless-ness and ignorance on maintenance will lead to accidents....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
FStop7
I like cars
FStop7's Avatar
Vatican City State
154
Rep
5,056
Posts

Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

iTrader: (3)

LOL why are you so worried about it? Do you work for EADS or are you an investor?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #27
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
LOL why are you so worried about it? Do you work for EADS or are you an investor?
I'm just sick and tired of the media made an impression of "airbus is unsafe"....its not like back then when Comet kept falling out of the sky because of poor design....but media jumped into a conclusion and made an impression that airbus is unsafe to attract public attention and fear (given fear is a very powerful tool to the media)....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
Maestro
Major
406
Rep
1,132
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

When I first flew on an airbus about 8 yrs ago, I told people I was flying with I was not real comfortable flying an airbus, this company has not been around a long time, it was a government sponsored, made up of a bunch of little companies forces to worked together for the good of the EU and to compete against Boeing. Also they had not had their share of accidents like Boeing and McDonald Douglass which caused them to improved their designs over time.

My prediction at the time has finally come true, Airbuses are falling from the sky.

Keep in mind Boeing planes fly far more miles and have more totally mileage then airbus so they are doing better, also the fleet is older then airbus and that says alot.

The only other plane I was ever concern about flying on was an L1011, that was an engineering mistake, the third wheel in the middle of the plane and the third engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #29
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
When I first flew on an airbus about 8 yrs ago, I told people I was flying with I was not real comfortable flying an airbus, this company has not been around a long time, it was a government sponsored, made up of a bunch of little companies forces to worked together for the good of the EU and to compete against Boeing. Also they had not had their share of accidents like Boeing and McDonald Douglass which caused them to improved their designs over time.

My prediction at the time has finally come true, Airbuses are falling from the sky.

Keep in mind Boeing planes fly far more miles and have more totally mileage then airbus so they are doing better, also the fleet is older then airbus and that says alot.

The only other plane I was ever concern about flying on was an L1011, that was an engineering mistake, the third wheel in the middle of the plane and the third engine.
uh...there's no middle main landing gear on Lockheed L-1011....
i'm assuming ur talking about DC-10-30 or MD-11.....

Planes just don't fall from the sky for no reason....pilot error, poor maintenance, and weather combined factors are the major components to most aviation accidents....Airbus and Boeing share the same accidents in the past couple years....just recently two same manufacturer aircraft crashed within a month was being amplified by the media....

plus this time the airbus was crashed on approach with strong and gust wind...hope we can find the cause of the accident soon!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #30
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
When I first flew on an airbus about 8 yrs ago, I told people I was flying with I was not real comfortable flying an airbus, this company has not been around a long time, it was a government sponsored, made up of a bunch of little companies forces to worked together for the good of the EU and to compete against Boeing. Also they had not had their share of accidents like Boeing and McDonald Douglass which caused them to improved their designs over time.

My prediction at the time has finally come true, Airbuses are falling from the sky.

Keep in mind Boeing planes fly far more miles and have more totally mileage then airbus so they are doing better, also the fleet is older then airbus and that says alot.

The only other plane I was ever concern about flying on was an L1011, that was an engineering mistake, the third wheel in the middle of the plane and the third engine.
Isn't usually older airframes tha will cause ppl to worry???
anyways, age isn't too much of a problem, as long as the maintenance keep it properly maintained...like some DC-3s....as long as we keep good maintenance to the aircraft....they can fly as long as we want to....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #31
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
98
Rep
6,812
Posts

Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Isn't usually older airframes tha will cause ppl to worry???
anyways, age isn't too much of a problem, as long as the maintenance keep it properly maintained...like some DC-3s....as long as we keep good maintenance to the aircraft....they can fly as long as we want to....
When I was in the Corps, there was a saying that went something along the lines of never trusting a bird that was less than 30 years old. The CH-46, workhorse of the Corps.... There hasn't been a brand new one to roll off the line since '71 IIRC. All updates since then, and they don't crash all that often....
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #32
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
1244
Rep
61,659
Posts

Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2016 X3 xDrive28i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
When I was in the Corps, there was a saying that went something along the lines of never trusting a bird that was less than 30 years old. The CH-46, workhorse of the Corps.... There hasn't been a brand new one to roll off the line since '71 IIRC. All updates since then, and they don't crash all that often....
Very true....but ONLY IF these birds are properly maintained like the military does.....

if not...all bets are off....and bound to fall off the sky....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #33
blue2fire
Brigadier General
blue2fire's Avatar
Cayman Islands
100
Rep
4,285
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Location, Location, Location

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
so german cars isn't any better....you should know EADS (parent company of Airbus Industrie) consists of couple europe countries, Germany, France, Great Britian, Spain, Italy.....
Mine has been as reliable as Hitler when he said "1000 Year Reich".
__________________

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST