E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: E9X ACC Retrofit

12-08-2023, 08:28 AM   #529
pmorg4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Touring LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian052 View Post
Anyone know if a e60 or similar radar would work? They look about the same for the eye test. I ask….well because the e90 ones are hard to find.
There was some discussion on this earlier in the thread, and the short answer is no. The hardware is similar (maybe even the same) but the internal software is different and no-one has figured out how to change it between E60 and E90.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 07:23 AM   #530
KoktGrus
Rep
Drives: 535d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Toast001 View Post
Thanks man. Can confirm this is correct. It is also quiete obvious as soon as you remove the fusebox.

In my case, fuse 21 was free and fuse 65 was already taken (cabel color was also red-yellow). I cheked the whole internet and it was stated everywhere, that F65 should be LDM Module and nothing else. So I removed the pin and put the pin of the LDM Module into F65.
Turns out that I removed power from the gear indicator of my auto transmission (the light beside the P-R-N-D). I now use fuse 64 for the gear indicator. This should be for the OBD 2 Plug but the pin position was free in my case.

I also had to modify the F-Bracket for the ACC a little bit since the pre-LCI version is discontinued (I ordered the pre-LCI version and got the LCI version; even though the sticker on the part stated the pre-LCI part number 66316769269, the stamped in part number was the one from the LCI 66316789935; never had something like this before).

Everthing works fine for me. Only thing I get is error C998 in BimmerLink (SZL: Error for SZL: LWS error: signal or value below threshold. Wheel tolerance adjustment <-5%: F-CAN Wheel tolerance adjustment, communication with DSC). I don't know if it's an error with the SZL (which I replaced completely) or if it is something else. Maybe I switch back to the old SZL at some point and only replace the cruise control stalk. The error does not come up when I scan the car with ISTA tough.
I managed to get this LCI-console as well.
Was drilling that hole only thing you had to do? Did it fit correctly then? Got pictures?

I’m making a custom 66316769270 as one of my sensors mounts are damaged and want to use the 4th one. Then I can compensate for the wrong hole placement of the fastener at the 66316789935. Attaching a picture of the original 66316769270 to the left and the custom one to the right.

Very strange that the 66316769270 should fit both LCI and pre-LCI!
Name:  IMG_8323.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  122.6 KB

Last edited by KoktGrus; 12-09-2023 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 09:31 AM   #531
maszter
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335xd (built from 330xd)

Finally I was able to properly calibrate my acc at the dealer and fit everything as it should (pre lci e92). What is really strange for me that the old cruise control with brake function did use fuel cut. For example on the autobahn when getting 120kmh speed limit I just set it to 120 and the car cut fuel to 0.0l/100km when braking. However the adaptive cruise control does not do that I still got like 0.5-2l/100km consumption even when the cruise control applies the brakes. I checked all of the coding in DSC, LDM and ACC and it seems that it should use fuel cut. Anyone had this issue maybe and got it solved?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 12:47 AM   #532
seadragon
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

Just completed this retrofit on my 2005 e90 330i and joined this forum to thank Nickco43 shannon1 and omare90 especially - couldn't have done it without their helpful posts in this thread.

I did encounter issues such as:
- the sensor not fitting my bumper so I had to cut a bit of bumper away
- accidentally broke fragile old cruise control stalk cable as I wanted to switch only the cruise control stalk since the indicator / wiper stalks I sourced were of poor quality
- missing the first coding in the video relating to writing FA to CAS and FRM
- not realizing I had to code the LDM too (in addition to DSC and Kombi)

I got lucky when I saw a wrecker had a 2007 e90 with ACC in Australia that I could take the parts from, and thankfully my car already had an LDM installed.

To tap the 15WUP_AC on the CAS module, I added Pin 18 to the connector using PN 61130056960 "Contact bushing MQS with cable 0,5-0,75 MM² AG".

To tap the other cables I used POSI-TAP and POSI-LOCK products, and also a "Double Mini Blade Fuse Socket Wire Tap".

The retrofit has given me a new appreciation of BMWs since I cannot think of another car brand which would allow such a retrofit with relative ease.
Appreciate 2
dumitru.o472.00
shannon1612.50
      02-14-2024, 11:31 PM   #533
ktutza2006
Rep
Drives: BMW E92, VW Touareg

Wanted to share my experience also with ACC retrofit, maybe will help someone.
Had a lot of help from hupchye with this, many many thanks for all the support and answering my many emails. Assembled an arduino due, had help with the code and put everything together, I now have a working ACC on an E92 N47.

In my case I had an error when activating acc, it worked for a few seconds, sometimes a bit longer. After a lot of trying different things, the issue was the cluster coding. In my case, default coding with. VO $541 was not working, I put another cluster from a 330D witth acc and it worked perfectly, so copied that coding and works. Will compare this days default $541 coding vs what I have now in my cluster and post the result, maybe will help someone.

Many thanks to everyone who spent time on this, is something really cool to have ACC on 4cyl BMW.
Appreciate 2
hupchye74.00
dumitru.o472.00