E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > I-drive functionalities with regard to Multimedia

02-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #1
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Exclamation I-drive functionalities with regard to Multimedia

Hello Team,

My first ever post here in the forum so kindly bear with me.

My current problem - Telephone menu is stuck in ...please wait in I-drive screen

So i have been searching multiple forums and talking to quite a lot of folks on internet regarding the stuck telephone menu, comm box retrofit, buying external Bluetooth adapter etc. but could not get a discrete idea/answer on what is the best available solution.

1) I have a comm box in the trunk, got a Bluetooth icon on it and it reads the following CCAD06LP1610T3,
  1. is this something that comes with multimedia Bluetooth options (that needs to get enabled through some coding) or do I need to buy a different comm box to get these features?
  1. If it comes with Bluetooth AD2P features, to enable it via coding, what tools would I need, could someone do it remotely for me (paid service)

2) I also found that there are new updates for the I-drive software (dealership also confirmed but they are charging bomb price for that and it looks like I will get a retrofit at a better price), which might help me to sort out the current Bluetooth (telephone) problem but when I checked it in the I-drive menu under settings, I don't have the option to update it from usb/cd-rom (though I have arm rest USB and aux and another usb port under the glove box), is there a possibility I can update the I-drive software via OBD or any of the USB drives in the car.
  1. Where do I find the latest software for my I-drive (BMW sites states no update available for my VIN)
  1. If additional hardware are required to update the software, what would that be?
  1. Will this update help me to get at least the telephone connectivity back for my Iphone 7/8 or 10?
My car specs - BMW318i e90, Late 2010 manufactured and last 7 digits for vin is A797325

Regards,
Y

Last edited by youbarajs; 02-18-2019 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Try the coding and idrive subforums here.

Also

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo

Places like bimmertech , https://bimmerretrofit.com/store/

Offer stuff there are also some skilled coders that can do some of it as
indicated in the link it often requires new hardware to get to the next level.

If you had an older phone that was working the problem might be the phone.

https://www.mdecoder.com/decode/a797325

Says you have usb but no bluetooth .
You probably have a mulf-2 hi or combox in the trunk both of which
can to bluetooth phone . You need to identify this box.
You would need an bluetooth antenna and microphone.
Plus coding if this is true .
Or you might have a Radio that has built in USB/bluetooth rare in the
US but not Europe.
European idrive(Phiilpine) may be totaly different than US so this is all just a guess.

combox does bluetooth . you would need a bluetooth antenna micorphone and
coding.

also kind of odd that the vin checker does not list idrive/nav
ccc or cici

Last edited by ctuna; 02-22-2019 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 04:49 AM   #3
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

Thumbs up Success ....and its sweet..

Thank you all for the input, took me quite a while to understand the process, how to set up the D+K Can, set up Mick's Easy BMW tools, learn how to code using NCS Expert and BMW coding Tool (NCS Dummy). Today got a change to set this right. Documenting this as other may find this useful

Background

1) Hung Telephone menu (including contacts, Bluetooth telephone, last call etc.).
2) BMW service center gave a quote of $600 to repair, service manager did not had a clue what to do, hence suggested changing the entire communication module
3) MULF2 HI SVS on the boot with Bluetooth logo.
4) Personally no idea of coding (including what is VO)

Root Cause Analysis

1) Basis the VO neither the iDrive nor Bluetooth functionality was listed in VIN search, but both CAS and NFRM module had $664, which as basically for Bluetooth phone option, also CIC module was present in the list of modules in NCS Expert
2) Upon checking the boot, Bluetooth antenna was disconnected, driver side kick panel had Bluetooth antenna installed, but despite of connecting it did not solve the hung telephone menu
3) MULF2 HI SVS 54 pin blue connector had both port 1 and 19 connected, clearly proving that Mic connectivity was there, did not open the FZD as I felt it will be overkill

Pre-work
1) Went thru almost 100+ forum posts and other online study including MULF HI 2 connection diagram, Bluetooth Antenna and Mic wiring
2) Read about FAKRA connector types and color coding (it came handy)
3) Bought a $6 K+DCAN from ali express
4) Downloaded Mick's Easy BMW tool and configured it to my windows 10 64 bit laptop

Solution
1) SG_RESET the 2MULF module (you cannot do a blank MAN SG_CODERIN, looks like 2MULF is accessible via MOST bus mode only)
2) Bluetooth is back and working, but cannot get a proper connection (Bluetooth antenna was removed and placed back earlier to the module), Bluetooth antenna/wiring was fried, service center gave me a quote of $250 to set the antenna right
3) looked into Ali Express for FAKRA I (beige) type connector antenna with Frequency Range of 2400 to 3000 MHZ, Gain of 3Dbi and Impedance of 50 Ohms, found one at $2 with free shipping (same as WIFI antenna)
4) Placed the antenna in the boot only (you literally have to tear apart on side of your car to place the original antenna on its right place)
5) Everything is back and working along with Voice Command

Looks like this problem gave me a lot of opportunity to learn, now with everything set up and in place I have coded a lot of other options in my car.
For Bluetooth AD2P (media player) I have bought the best known Bovee Tune to Air.

Thank you forum, its impossible to name all the folks, but this is a classic example of Gig economy.

If anyone is interested or having similar problem feel free to connect, no charges applicable.

Hardware

Bluetooth Antenna : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-...e7b74c4doetfNW

K+DCAN : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018...27424c4dWt8bF1

Tune 2 Air: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maraming Salamat
Appreciate 0