E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Idrive system stuck in never ending reboot [2007 E92]

04-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
ayzzz
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i N54 E92

Idrive system stuck in never ending reboot [2007 E92]

I have the weirdest problem with my 2007 BMW 335i e92

I bought a bluetooth receiver 2 years ago since my BMW does not support bluetooth audio and I wanted to charge my phone and play music especially since I make hour trips pretty constantly and need waze running.

I have had no issues between the iDrive and bluetooth receiver except for one problem a year ago but that was solved by turning off my bluetooth receiver and letting the iDrive reboot and stay on and then reenabling my bluetooth receiver.

It has become more and more constant in the past month (always fixed via same steps as above) and finally it is at a point where if I have it on at all the iDrive will go into a never ending reboot until I turn off my bluetooth receiver.

I have tried fixing this by also turning off the bluetooth on my phone and then reenabling it after a while and by disabling "bluetooth calling" on my iDrive system just recently.

Anyone have any suggestions on fixes or have run into this same problem?

(I have also tried manually rebooting my iDrive pressing the mute button and both eject disc buttons at the same time and it does not help whatsoever)

Also I am just speculating that it is the bluetooth, it could also be something that I am completely overlooking
Appreciate 0