E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > WARNING: VIP TUNING - fraudulent business practices!

06-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #45
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SG E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Mike,

I am sorry for what's happened to you and your family...live and learn. One clue, however, should've been when you call AA and inquire about Jacque at VIP, they say that he is NOT a partner of theirs. Any "custom" mapping of their AA XEDE was done completely on his own and they have never endorsed him as a legit tuner, although he was quoted many times saying he was working with AA. The other clue was how he and another BMW mechanic wrapped another E90Poster's 335i around a tree when they supposedly took it out for a "test drive." Personally, I wouldn't have let him come near my car with a 10-ft. pole after hearing about that one. Like I always said...if he were such a great tuner (and really has a legit, thriving tuning business), then why is he still working for the dealer for his daily 9-5 job? G/L, man.

Well, maybe we can get off to a new start.

The story I described above is of Andrew (E90Poster) that you are describing. I talked with him for hours about this recently just to make sure I had the right information when I posted it here. Need to have 100% factual information to keep this OK when a lawsuit rolls around. I want to be up front with all of you about what's going on, and I must be sure to do so in only factual information that isn't biased with emotion.

Like I said before, the "I told you" posts aren't all that helpful, but they have their place.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #46
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Wow. Sorry to see all this happening to you Mike

Give me a call when you get a second!
      06-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #47
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow335i View Post

The story I described above is of Andrew (E90Poster) that you are describing. I talked with him for hours about this recently just to make sure I had the right information when I posted it here. Need to have 100% factual information to keep this OK when a lawsuit rolls around. I want to be up front with all of you about what's going on, and I must be sure to do so in only factual information that isn't biased with emotion.

Like I said before, the "I told you" posts aren't all that helpful, but they have their place.

Mike
If you are thinking about a lawsuit I would keep quiet for the most part. The majority of lawyers would tell you that.....
      06-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #48
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90AW335i View Post
Sucks to hear Mike. You seemed like a smart enough guy to see through the BS but I guess not.

Best of luck with everything and do good things at FSU.
I figured I was smart enough too. I think I am smart enough, just not experienced enough. Now I am experienced enough, learning the hard way. But everyone in life gets screwed, even the older adults. It happens, you can only just remain as cautious as possible.

Thanks, I will always remain an active part of E90 Post and contribute in any way I can, even at college. Looking forward to having success there and staying in the loop with ya'll.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #49
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep

I was authorized by the higher-ups that it is worth it to inform you all. All I've written is factual so there really isn't much to do with my postings if they were to use them.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #50
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermans54 View Post
WOW, can I say told everyone so?! HAAAAAAAAA, I could point sooo many fingers at people, buuuuut, they know who they are
Hey buddy...I almost texted you tonight about this thread. All I can say is, "yep, you were right."

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #51
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
so disappointing to see an actual decent guy like Jacque to be so greedy and blind himself to whats right to make some extra dough

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 12:20 AM   #52
jahwerx
Certified Purveyor of the High Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
... paying what little I owe to FSU ...
You went to FSU but got your degree from the School of Hard Knocks.

Takes some balls to come clean so openly. Good luck to you and it will be interesting to see where this Jacque-off shows up next.

-j
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #53
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
somehow "I told you so" just doesn't do this story justice...
      06-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #54
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep

I'm soon going to FSU this fall.

There is no use in hiding behind my mistakes when more people are at risk.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #55
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Why is this surprising? These people didn't even have a website. I always just assumed VIP was some douche in his garage and a couple fanboys praising him online. Oh wait, that's exactly what it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #56
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

You owe a lot of people, including me, an apology for the way you argued and called us names when we were skeptical of VIP. I constantly questioned what were outrageous claims and was slammed by you. I am sorry this happened to you, but boy you really brought this on yourself. You are not blameless here. In fact you also brought many customers to him, and many of them were scammed as well. In my opinion, if you acted as Mike@VIP then how can't you be held equally responsible for all the intake guys that got scammed as you claim?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #57
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Mike bashed so many of us. I feel bad for what happened to him, but I feel even worse for the people he swayed into buying his products.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #58
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

When I first read Mike's post in which he mentioned his age and was defending VIP, I thought "this dude is young and naive." I'm sorry I couldn't be wrong, but you seem like a fast learner and will pull through this.

I actually know a guy just like Jacque - he was a former boss who owes me over $25k. Scum of the earth - even sounds like Jacque from how you described him in one of your other posts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #59
hotrod2448
grand poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F10 535i

Garage List
2011 335d  [0.00]
I'm pretty sure almost the entire community knew VIP was bad business.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #60
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Lots of us got taken by bavdom, including me. It was only $400, but it was a great reminder that these scams happen. All you have to do is look in the vedor feedback forum to see you need to be careful.

VIP seemed like they were not credible. I remember reading some recent magazine with an interview and their car. The guy was claiming a rediculous amount of HP for his mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #61
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
VIP Tuning - a stern WARNING to the community

Grab a cold beer (or a 6 pack), hot coffee, box of donuts, and relax for a while so you can get through this. PLEASE take the time to read this!!! I have taken hours of my time to compose this because I feel very strongly toward illegitimate and bad businesses, but I also feel part of the family when we all own the same cars and love them equally. E90, etc. brothers, this is here to protect you so we all can enjoy our cars and mods without fret.

Thanks,
Mike, Grant, Andrew, and Anthony

Are you 13...?

Do people really have that much money, that they forget all reason and have no commonsense? "Shady" people are easy to spot. Half this message board knew that guy was a sham when we saw that wacky dynograph....

Again, this story begs the question: Are you so incredibly rich that your that dumb? Your whole story equates to nothing more than a rich 18 yr old, hangs around a car shop and eventually get caught up with a man who has a huge ego.... develops a coke habit, spends all his money, scams his best friends & co-workers and eventually is living a lie, letting his business go to shambles.

Are you so incredible insulated from the rest of humanity, that you didn't have the skill-set to recognize his compulsive lying at an early stage?? We all remember hearing; "Jacque this..." or "Jacque that..." , on these forums. Already knowing, Mr Deas was using smoke and mirrors back then...! We called shenanigans on him, remember..? And that was without ever meeting him.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but that might be the best $6,700 your mother has ever spent.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #62
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Are you 13...?

Do people really have that much money, that they forget all reason and have no commonsense? "Shady" people are easy to spot. Half this message board knew that guy was a sham when we saw that wacky dynograph....

Again, this story begs the question: Are you so incredibly rich that your that dumb? Your whole story equates to nothing more than a rich 18 yr old, hangs around a car shop and eventually get caught up with a man who has a huge ego.... develops a coke habit, spends all his money, scams his best friends & co-workers and eventually is living a lie, letting his business go to shambles.

Are you so incredible insulated from the rest of humanity, that you didn't have the skill-set to recognize his compulsive lying at an early stage?? We all remember hearing; "Jacque this..." or "Jacque that..." , on these forums. Already knowing, Mr Deas was using smoke and mirrors back then...! We called shenanigans on him, remember..? And that was without ever meeting him.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but that might be the best $6,700 your mother has ever spent.
I would venture to say just about all of this post is accurate minus the 13 year old. If you were this experienced at finding scams at 18, I commend you, but put yourself in my shoes for a minute.

Boosted IS: I apologize to you as well. I was brainwashed and told exactly what to say to you by him and what responses to right to your arguments. Now that this is all over, I look forward to being an active part of the community with no such bias.

Secondly,

I sold a few intakes, but all of them were delivered as promised and as advertised. By 'sold' I really just told the customer to PayPal his account. Although they are crappy products and not worth $400 to you or me, they were delivered as advertised in their entirety so nobody was factually scammed out of money through my 3 or so intake sales. The rest I just let him handle when I got fed up with him. The real scamming happened to my mom, me, Grant, my friend Anthony, and the body shop here whom he all owes compensation to. I'm sure there are others that we don't know about.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #63
Slow335i
Private First Class
Rep

Oh, and Numb3ers:

Many on this board were scammed by BavDom, E90 Agio and all his other names (don't remember the company), Eisenhaus, and Trendix. Many who were scammed are full grown adults so as much as this seems 'isolated', it's not. This thread is here to inform the rest of those who DON'T know about VIP and to substantiate all the claims that people have ever made about them.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #64
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

Do you have an invoice or anything stating you paid him $6700 and for what?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #65
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I would venture to say just about all of this post is accurate minus the 13 year old. If you were this experienced at finding scams at 18, I commend you, but put yourself in my shoes for a minute.

Boosted IS: I apologize to you as well. I was brainwashed and told exactly what to say to you by him and what responses to right to your arguments. Now that this is all over, I look forward to being an active part of the community with no such bias.

Secondly,

I sold a few intakes, but all of them were delivered as promised and as advertised. By 'sold' I really just told the customer to PayPal his account. Although they are crappy products and not worth $400 to you or me, they were delivered as advertised in their entirety so nobody was factually scammed out of money through my 3 or so intake sales. The rest I just let him handle when I got fed up with him. The real scamming happened to my mom, me, Grant, my friend Anthony, and the body shop here whom he all owes compensation to. I'm sure there are others that we don't know about.
Apology accepted. I have been in the boost game a long time and knew the claims VIP was making were rediculous. When no dyno was posted we knew for sure. Just take some time to learn. The boost world is full of incredibly intelligent people and many of the online forums are full of wonderful info. Just take some time to learn.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #66
djrobroe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: soon to b 335

Quote:

Mike
Mike I ranked on you a couple of times when you would mention anything about VIP Tuning. Because I knew exactly what was going on, I had the same experience with a shop in South Florida. I dont know if anyone knows of the shop MCP Racing.

All was good with their shop. Parts and everything else always came on time. Until the day I wanted the ATP Turbo kit from them. A bunch of empty promises that never came to fruition. We finally decided to go with ASA SC for my 323. Kit was poorly installed, and all sorts of problems went down with my car and in the end I was the one left to foot the bill.

In my opinion the tough learning experiences are the best. You learn the most from those experiences. I hope you're able to recover your money. At least now you know what not to do. Best of luck up there at FSU.

P.s. weird coincidence at the time i was also a senior in high school headed to fsu.... same age too... lol
Appreciate 0