E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > New GTA Member here: 2008 E90 - all the toys except manual transmission :(

02-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

New GTA Member here: 2008 E90 - all the toys except manual transmission :(

Hello!
New to this forum, but not new to forums...was previously active in my mazda community, before that got written off one year ago.

I've been lurking bimmer forums but didn't take the time to find the most active one for GTA E90 members. Looking forward to a good community here, as I've heard it has the most E90/GTA members around!

I come with a background in the auto industry here and there, so I'm not that much of a noob

Specs:
- 2008 328i
- Black exterior, dakota red interior
- Winter oem 16" alloys (Michelin XIce2)
- Summer 17" Style 285 OEM alloys
- Navigation, etc etc
- I miss standard! But this car had everything else I was looking for!

NEXT STEPS...
- Upgrade DVD Navigation Disc!...It came with the business 2007 version...I downloaded two iso files "BMW NAV 2011.1", but haven't burned them to a DVD or really looked into the installation process yet....tips/tricks greatly appreciated

- Tint...maybe...

- Research practical performance upgrades (cat-back system, intake)

Cheers!

Last edited by Egyptshun; 02-11-2012 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Typo on the summer rims model
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptshun View Post
Hello!
New to this forum, but not new to forums...was previously active in my mazda community, before that got written off one year ago.

I've been lurking bimmer forums but didn't take the time to find the most active one for GTA E90 members. Looking forward to a good community here, as I've heard it has the most E90/GTA members around!

I come with a background in the auto industry here and there, so I'm not that much of a noob

Specs:
- 2008 328i
- Black exterior, dakota red interior
- Winter oem 16" alloys (Michelin XIce2)
- Summer 17" Style 295 OEM alloys
- Navigation, etc etc
- I miss standard! But this car had everything else I was looking for!

NEXT STEPS...
- Upgrade DVD Navigation Disc!...It came with the business 2007 version...I downloaded two iso files "BMW NAV 2011.1", but haven't burned them to a DVD or really looked into the installation process yet....tips/tricks greatly appreciated

- Tint...maybe...

- Research practical performance upgrades (cat-back system, intake)

Cheers!
Welcome!
First thing you should do is come to the meet tomorrow
there is also a group buy tint going on for tints http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600313
as far as for catback my favourite is eisenmann but there are a few out there as well.
if you look around this forum most people have debated huge over intakes and power loss when you get a non-oem intake.
personally i went with the k&n filter + charcoal filter delete
hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep

Nice!! Thanks man!! Searched it up, Sunday @ 3-5pm, Second Cup parking lot? Noooot a bad idea! I haven't been to any bmw forum meets, so I'm definitely down if timing works with me.

Also...coding...I'm interested, but don't want to jump into it just yet until I learn from the E9x vetrans first (quickly sifted the thread on the meet tomorrow...very cool)

Thanks on the catback info and the tint GB!
I'd love to take more time and see members cars to get ideas and feedback on different setups before jumping into it (and master the billion threads on this forum to navigate easily for answers).

Hopefully I'll make it out tomorrow!

How large does the meet get? Any way to identify members (besides the obvious BMW cars...)? As in, decals, key admins for club newbs like myself to start somewhere?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep

Pictures time...her name is Angelika (prounouced "Angel-eeka")...Had to find a German for her...means angelic. Call it cheesy...I call it love.

The wheels on there now are my winters....will take summer shots with the other set once they're back on!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Welcome to the forum

Sweet ride ! I just have a quick question... u sure that is the dakota red interior ? Mine has the terracotta interior and seems to be the same color... so now I'm confused, it is called terracotta or dakota ? hahahaha
'97 328i Black on Black - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbimmer View Post
Welcome to the forum

Sweet ride ! I just have a quick question... u sure that is the dakota red interior ? Mine has the terracotta interior and seems to be the same color... so now I'm confused, it is called terracotta or dakota ? hahahaha
Thanks man!
You made me question myself on the interior name now lol...I've been calling it 'dakota red' ever since it was advertised as such from the dealership I purchased it from.

I had to google a bunch of images and articles to reference my answer...here's what I got:
- 'Dakota' is the TYPE of leather. It's real leather used in our E9x series premium packages. Otherwise, it was the leatherette option.

- Therefore, 'Dakota red' would be the general term...I did find both names. "Terra cotta" is used because it has that dark-red clay colour, like terra cotta clay pots (also found "saddle brown dakota, according to Yahoo! Autos)".

- Seems like both are right...I'm still on the hunt for the official BMW "OEM name" of our leather!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
dlando
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e92

Sweet Car! looks great......the interior looks like saddle brown to me
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #8
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDUB328i View Post
Sweet Car! looks great......the interior looks like saddle brown to me
Thanks man! It's awesome seeing how much nicer it could look with subtle tweaks like coding the lights, splitters etc....Learned a lot in the few days I've been on here already.

Saddle brown is actually a lighter brown, which I think was only available in the 2-door coupe models.
This is indeed a darker clay-red-brown than the saddle brown....terra cotta/dakota red/terra cotta dakota red lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

I vote for terracotta !!! (dont wanna change the sig ! lol)

If I were you I'd get a sport or performance steering wheel, that is the only thing that turns me off on this car
'97 328i Black on Black - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
dlando
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e92

I think your right, my saddle brown looks different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptshun View Post
Thanks man! It's awesome seeing how much nicer it could look with subtle tweaks like coding the lights, splitters etc....Learned a lot in the few days I've been on here already.

Saddle brown is actually a lighter brown, which I think was only available in the 2-door coupe models.
This is indeed a darker clay-red-brown than the saddle brown....terra cotta/dakota red/terra cotta dakota red lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep

@BMDUB328i: Nice thanks for validating. Very similar (and awesome) colour combo either shade - definitely was a closing selling point for this ride.

@Kbimmer: hey, you weren't wrong! Terracotta is a legit name for it...we both know our cars a little bit better now lol
Appreciate 0