E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Legal Recourse for Such Shitty Cars

10-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #23
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Do you have a difficulty distinguishing between a problem and an annoyance.
How many e9x have burned down - I'm not aware of any. Do something useful, collect records on recalls and known premature issues, and then post something useful
I'm not sure you understood his post...
      10-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #24
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 328i coupe

Quote:
How many e9x have burned down - I'm not aware of any. Do something useful, collect records on recalls and known premature issues, and then post something useful
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
I'm not sure you understand my post. Op has not provided any legit reasons to consider a class action. It's sick how many class lawsuits are pending in the USA. Total abuse of the system that bankrupts small businesses and pumps large corporations.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #25
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

As a note if people didn't manage to get anything from subaru and their freaking sti engines that blow up [please do your research before saying otherwise], than we've got no chance for the issues we have with our cars lol
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #26
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure you understand my post. Op has not provided any legit reasons to consider a class action. It's sick how many class lawsuits are pending in the USA. Total abuse of the system that bankrupts small businesses and pumps large corporations.
You missed my point completely as I was stating the fact that there is no basis for any kind of class action based on op and using an extreme example of owner inconvenience and safety issue. Relax man.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #27
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
You missed my point completely as I was stating the fact that there is no basis for any kind of class action based on op and using an extreme example of owner inconvenience and safety issue. Relax man.
I got your point. I don't see any basis either. My problem is the thought alone of suing everyone for anything
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #28
dtea604
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 325i

Learn to deal with it. If you bought any german car without or ending warranties then roll with the punches. If not trade in the car.
VMR VB3 // Mtec v4 AE //Nokya 7000k // M-tec LED plate lights // OEM blacklines // 20% window tint // Cyba air scoops // K&N + charcoal filter delete // BMS Powerbox // front splitters // Hamann front lip// M-tech trunk lip // Magnaflow custom // ER SS brakelines // KW V1's // RS tecknik spacers // H&R spacers
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #29
328XIdiot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Why not? Why should the consumer be left on the hook for poor engineering. I'm sure people who had failing subframes of their just out of warranty E46s wanted to hear "Deal with it"
Never said there is NO place for CA lawsuits.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #30
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
You appear to be arguing with people who share the same view...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecbain View Post
As a note if people didn't manage to get anything from subaru and their freaking sti engines that blow up [please do your research before saying otherwise], than we've got no chance for the issues we have with our cars lol
Or the current FB25 oil consumption engine failure issue.
      10-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #31
InControl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You appear to be arguing with people who share the same view...

Or the current FB25 oil consumption engine failure issue.
You seem to have misread my post. It was in response to op
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #32
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

BMW is notorious for bad water pumps. Wasn't it the e36 3 series that had issues with the plastic impeller wheel breaking and going for a ride?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #33
bimmerquick43321
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkyyMan View Post
BMW is notorious for bad water pumps. Wasn't it the e36 3 series that had issues with plastic impeller wheels breaking and going for a ride?
yup I remember everyone telling me I should change it, cause the plastic pieces of the propeller could damage other components, sold it at 245000km still on original pump
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:34 AM   #34
thomas88162
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Yea, and the aftermarket metal ones had such a poor flow due to the design that they were outperformed by plastic counterparts. The plastic impeller design was changed so that it didn't fail so soon and catastrophically. Its always compromises, don't think otherwise for even a minute.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 02:35 PM   #35
BigDogTheo
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i sedan SP

My water pump failed around 35K miles. Replaced at no cost thanks to CPO warranty. My car is now out of warranty period, has 102K miles. I do more preventative maintenance now, and don't drive it like a race car every day, because I realize I'll have to pay for anything that goes wrong. My car runs as good as new and I love it. There's a price to pay for owning a BMW, and the overwhelming majority of us accept that and just deal with it. If you want completely trouble-free driving, go buy a Honda. The rest of us will continue to enjoy our BMWs in spite of the problems that pop up. Finally, if someone is going to start a thread about problems with a BMW, can't you at least refrain from using foul language in the thread title?! Have some class people.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 03:55 AM   #36
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

My corroding valve cover is really one thing that does bother me.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 06:38 AM   #37
Adamb0530
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTheo View Post
My water pump failed around 35K miles. Replaced at no cost thanks to CPO warranty. My car is now out of warranty period, has 102K miles. I do more preventative maintenance now, and don't drive it like a race car every day, because I realize I'll have to pay for anything that goes wrong. My car runs as good as new and I love it. There's a price to pay for owning a BMW, and the overwhelming majority of us accept that and just deal with it. If you want completely trouble-free driving, go buy a Honda. The rest of us will continue to enjoy our BMWs in spite of the problems that pop up. Finally, if someone is going to start a thread about problems with a BMW, can't you at least refrain from using foul language in the thread title?! Have some class people.

Well said.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 07:33 AM   #38
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
My corroding valve cover is really one thing that does bother me.
it's pretty tough to keep magnesium from oxidizing. they could have painted it but that would have made it less thermally efficient.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #39
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
it's pretty tough to keep magnesium from oxidizing. they could have painted it but that would have made it less thermally efficient.
I was thinking this
http://www.tagnite.com/ on a Production level,

For me, I had my used replacement I purchased on ebay, ultrasonically cleaned, resurfaced by a machine shop, and I plan on coating it with Tectyle 846 (this is what Porsche uses on Modern 911's and to coat magnesium transmission cases in the past.

http://www.mil-specproducts.com/prod...L-846,-CLASS-I
Appreciate 0