E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Carplay Pioneer DA120 Appradio4 ordered!

01-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #111
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 325i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQeez View Post
I have mine connected in the fuse box. Let me take a picture tomorrow so you can see where i have mine connected.
I took a Voltmeter and checked which fuse still had 12V after the car was off for 2h. Took a bit of searching but I finally found one.
I'm very interested where you got the feed from! All my research led me to believe that E9x BMW fuse boxes are all over the place depending on when they were built and the options so I gave up looking.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #112
sQeez
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 420D

Ok I tried my best to take a clean picture with the iPhone.
Hope its good enough

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #113
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok I tried my best to take a clean picture with the iPhone.
Hope its good enough

View post on imgur.com
Wht does the crib sheet say that fuse location is for?

Did you get to the bottom of your connects2 steering wheel issues?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #114
sQeez
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeye View Post
Wht does the crib sheet say that fuse location is for?

Did you get to the bottom of your connects2 steering wheel issues?
Honestly I still did not figure out what that fuse is for. I have been looking at the sheet for hours, however I cant make it out. The fuse box on the sheet does not represent the fuse box in my car... The layout is different and certain fuses are not displayed at all on the sheet.

Yea my connects2 was faulty. I had it replaced and now it works perfectly fine. I learned one valuable lesson. Never trust Halfords. After fiddling around for ever, I gave up and took the car to halfords. Funny enough the guy told me, I dont need 12V constant power and proceeded to cut my cables. Then he taped the ashtray wire in order to get 12V power for the radio. After he was finished I drove home. Ripped everything out of the car and just ordered a new connects2 kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #115
sQeez
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

One thing that I am still trying to figure out. Everything works on my steering wheel now. Except the phone button and the voice activation. When i press voice activation for some reason my EQ greys out on the radio. Thats all.
And the phone button does not react at all. You guys have a similar issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #116
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
One thing that I am still trying to figure out. Everything works on my steering wheel now. Except the phone button and the voice activation. When i press voice activation for some reason my EQ greys out on the radio. Thats all.
And the phone button does not react at all. You guys have a similar issue?
I will have a look - what is your car? Mine is preLCI E92 325i SE and on the steering wheel I have a phone button that does nothing and a circle that I don't think does anything - I don't think I have a voice activation button.

Apparently there are 2 connects2 kits for the E9x - you can either have the phone buttons working or the reverse sensors working but not both - so you have to decide. If your car does not have reverse sensors it's an easy decision, and I'd rather have my sensors working than the phone buttons - frustrating, but when I Tweeted connect2 why this was I got no reply.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #117
sQeez
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeye View Post
I will have a look - what is your car? Mine is preLCI E92 325i SE and on the steering wheel I have a phone button that does nothing and a circle that I don't think does anything - I don't think I have a voice activation button.

Apparently there are 2 connects2 kits for the E9x - you can either have the phone buttons working or the reverse sensors working but not both - so you have to decide. If your car does not have reverse sensors it's an easy decision, and I'd rather have my sensors working than the phone buttons - frustrating, but when I Tweeted connect2 why this was I got no reply.
I got a preLCI e90 SE. You are right. Stupid me it's either phone button working or the sensors. I went with the sensors as well. In case you haven't set it up yet. In you Bluetooth settings you can select auto pickup of calls. I have this set now as I don't always connect to CarPlay unless I am really driving a longer distance. Bluetooth audio streaming works brilliant.
Yea I noticed connects2 aren't the most chatty of chaps.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 11:11 AM   #118
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got a preLCI e90 SE. You are right. Stupid me it's either phone button working or the sensors. I went with the sensors as well. In case you haven't set it up yet. In you Bluetooth settings you can select auto pickup of calls. I have this set now as I don't always connect to CarPlay unless I am really driving a longer distance. Bluetooth audio streaming works brilliant.
Yea I noticed connects2 aren't the most chatty of chaps.
I have a Brodit Mount to the left of my steering wheel with the lightening cable clipped in, so I pop my phone in everytime I get in the car.

I end up with 2 displays in the car - in Nav you get the turn by turn directions on the iphone screen and the map on the Pioneer. Also you can then press the iphone button to trigger Siri.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #119
walle718
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 Pre LCI

Anyone on this post from the United States? Trying to order a connects2 kit but I don't know where to order from.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #120
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by walle718 View Post
Anyone on this post from the United States? Trying to order a connects2 kit but I don't know where to order from.
Start here

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Distributors/WorldDistributors.aspx
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 10:02 AM   #121
walle718
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 Pre LCI

Thanks for the quick response. I did try that. The only distributor on there for the US is "Metra" and I spoke to them. They said they don't carry the kit. I did get some part numbers from him but I don't really want to use anything other than connects2 seeing as they have really good reviews
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 03:25 PM   #122
Emeye
Private First Class
Rep

I'd email the UK arm direct then. Sure they will ship if you want.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #123
stoweboarder720
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjp View Post
Apologies for the delay lads! Been a busy few days!

Kayfaz, here are some pics of the way my unit is fitted:

Emeye, as for the Listening Position setting:

If i set it to Front Right, the left speaker is reduced and visa versa for the Front Left.

Is that what you were expecting?

Thanks
just a quick question, where did you relocate your six button panel with the hill descent control button on it? I don't see it anywhere in the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #124
sanjp
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Coupe

I didn't have that 6 button panel on my car. As it was a later model.

Some people have relocated those to the ashtray area. There is a replacement panel which you can buy I believe.

Hope that's helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #125
Dannyxix
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 320d msport

Question 320D e90 msport - pioneer SPH-120DA Install

Evening ladies and gents

I am after some advice, with new law of an immediate 6 point penalty I am trying to update the technology in the car so not actually touching phone but be able interface music calls etc. realistically I am after pioneer SPH-120DA Apple play but when rang up the local car install place said £650 all in, is there anything similar or does anyone know where can get the unit plus install and kit for less than £500,any info would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 06:21 AM   #126
sanjp
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyxix View Post
Evening ladies and gents

I am after some advice, with new law of an immediate 6 point penalty I am trying to update the technology in the car so not actually touching phone but be able interface music calls etc. realistically I am after pioneer SPH-120DA Apple play but when rang up the local car install place said £650 all in, is there anything similar or does anyone know where can get the unit plus install and kit for less than £500,any info would be appreciated.
Hi Danny,

As far as I'm aware, the fitting kit is around £200 and the unit is about £250. So I guess the rest is labour. I would keep an eye out on the major sites for deals on the unit to drop the cost.
Appreciate 0