E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Things that annoy you at the gym

08-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #1761
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Wait, why did I come into the sauna? Is it legs day?
When i see really fat people do leg day. It confuses me
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 03:04 PM   #1762
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

locker got broken in gym today

today my locker was broken in and $200 cash was stolen from my wallet. in a near-by trash can i found 2 other clipped locked so i'm not the only victim today

i have heard from other member that this is problem in the location, multiple incidents where locks on locker are clipped and things stolen.

i'm frustrated that given that it is a known issue, no step has been taken to improve the situation. how about install some security cameras? even fake ones will help...

such a ghetto gym...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #1763
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
today my locker was broken in and $200 cash was stolen from my wallet. in a near-by trash can i found 2 other clipped locked so i'm not the only victim today

i have heard from other member that this is problem in the location, multiple incidents where locks on locker are clipped and things stolen.

i'm frustrated that given that it is a known issue, no step has been taken to improve the situation. how about install some security cameras? even fake ones will help...

such a ghetto gym...
You want security cameras in the locker rooms?
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #1764
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:

such a ghetto gym...
dude who take 200 cash to the gym in the first place...
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2018, 04:33 PM   #1765
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Quote:

such a ghetto gym...
Right?

The few times I've carried anything over 100 bucks on me to the gym, that shit stays in the i8- where dash cam runs- and if they break in- better chance of getting caught
      08-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #1766
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
you know what i usually don't have much cash in my wallet, regardless of going to gym or not... last night i just sold a diffuser and that cash just sat in my wallet...
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:19 AM   #1767
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Im annoyed i had to take a shit at the gym. I carbed up yeaterday with tacos, nachos, half a cheese pizza, 2 2xspicy ramen, 2 frozen cheesecake factory cheesecake slices and 3 bags of lays bbq chips.

So had to go...first time at the gym. Annoyed. Im going to have to scrub my ass when i fet home with soap
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #1768
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
you know what i usually don't have much cash in my wallet, regardless of going to gym or not... last night i just sold a diffuser and that cash just sat in my wallet...
If you said you were going toa strip club. Id give u a fist bump
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #1769
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Haven’t seen this one yet....

When the gym changes around all the equipment and layout, to “freshen things up” You end up wandering all over looking for shit, doubling your workout time! So annoying!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #1770
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I swam some laps, then mosey over to cajuzzi. There is this guy in there. Has a metal frame backpack he keeps pulling stuff out of. He's stomach-down in the water, with his phone on the coping, watching something. Sounds like Karate Kid, and I'm like WTF? He does this funny grinding motion and I get a better look to see he is watching Sumo wrestling. In the water, on his phone, grinding his hips.

I hate pulling globs of stuff out of my fur after soaking, so I got out.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #1771
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I know some of you guys use chalk but the new gym I go to have signs posted everywhere "This gym does not allow the use of chalk" The funny part is the girl who works there approached the the guy using the chalk and said kindly that you are not allowed to use chalk as she's pointing to the signs. Well I know the girl and her boyfriend who doesn't work there but happens to be working out and this dude is like 6'5 260lb solid! the guy gets pretty mouthy with her and her boyfriend clearly sees what's going on. he walks over and puts his hand on his shoulder and says "hey buddy, is there a problem here?" now the funny part is the dude has know idea who just put their hand on his shoulder and he turns his body sideways like WTF only to be staring up like oh shit?! I laughed so hard because you had to be there to see the look on his face! long story short he put the chalk away and had to clean up all the chalk dust all over the bar, the bench and the floor.

for me when I use to work out at LA Fitness guys would use chalk everywhere and the shit would get on your clothes. and they never wiped or cleaned up... pretty annoying really
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #1772
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I know some of you guys use chalk but the new gym I go to have signs posted everywhere "This gym does not allow the use of chalk" The funny part is the girl who works there approached the the guy using the chalk and said kindly that you are not allowed to use chalk as she's pointing to the signs. Well I know the girl and her boyfriend who doesn't work there but happens to be working out and this dude is like 6'5 260lb solid! the guy gets pretty mouthy with her and her boyfriend clearly sees what's going on. he walks over and puts his hand on his shoulder and says "hey buddy, is there a problem here?" now the funny part is the dude has know idea who just put their hand on his shoulder and he turns his body sideways like WTF only to be staring up like oh shit?! I laughed so hard because you had to be there to see the look on his face! long story short he put the chalk away and had to clean up all the chalk dust all over the bar, the bench and the floor.

for me when I use to work out at LA Fitness guys would use chalk everywhere and the shit would get on your clothes. and they never wiped or cleaned up... pretty annoying really
You can actually use chalk and not make a mess. I use liquid chalk which is much easier to control. It’s great for traveling and being low key. I also use a “chalk ball” which i keep inside a rock climbing bag. Again much cleaner and not as messy. Both are better options for chalk use.

I do agree that the ppl that bring chalk in plastic zip lock bags and Tupperware containers tend to be the mess makers. And they never clean up, leaving chalk dust and residue everywhere!

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 09-02-2018 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #1773
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
You can actually use chalk and not make a mess. I use liquid chalk which is much easier to control. It’s grest for traveling and being low key. I also use a “chalk ball” which i keep inside a rock climbing bag. Again much cleaner and not as messy. Both are better options for chalk use.

I do agree that the ppl that bring chalk in plastic zip lock bags and Tupperware containers tend to be the mess makers. And they never clean up, leaving chalk dust and residue everywhere!
I hear ya! This guy kept his in a Tupperware and every time he put his hands he would swirl it around and than take his hands out than claps his hands together as the chalk dust goes poof and than he rubs his hands together Miaggi from The Karate Kid. WTF? Chalk dust everywhere
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      09-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #1774
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I hear ya! This guy kept his in a Tupperware and every time he put his hands he would swirl it around and than take his hands out than claps his hands together as the chalk dust goes poof and than he rubs his hands together Miaggi from The Karate Kid. WTF? Chalk dust everywhere
That is the most fun way to use chalk. That way everyone knows you are serious about your lifts!

I have the block chalk but when I use it (not often) I just rub my hands on the block. No need to actually make it into dust first, works just as well without making it messy.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 05:03 PM   #1775
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

such a ghetto gym...
for one reason i love my gym. have hung my backpack with wallet and expensive belongs in unlocked locker for over 5yrs, nothing stolen...further things left behind returned...i know one day its not going to be so bright, but hey I've made it this far

Edit: sucks that your shit was broken into. How does that happen without anyone noticing. scum of society
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 09:12 PM   #1776
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Instahoes quarter squatting when I’m trying to get shit done, had to wait 25 min for a squat rack while you make zero gains.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #1777
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Instahoes quarter squatting when I’m trying to get shit done, had to wait 25 min for a squat rack while you make zero gains.
There's one of those at my gym. She stacks on the weights at various machines and I don't even think she even does a 1/4 of the full range movement. She's also extremely thin and I'm just waiting for a situation where her bones/joints just snap.
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00
      09-05-2018, 08:06 AM   #1778
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Oh yeah 2 old people 60 plus who do every exercise at 10 percent range. Barely bend elbows on bench makes me wanna beat an elderly person. Cant even watch makes me mad.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #1779
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
for one reason i love my gym. have hung my backpack with wallet and expensive belongs in unlocked locker for over 5yrs, nothing stolen...further things left behind returned...i know one day its not going to be so bright, but hey I've made it this far

Edit: sucks that your shit was broken into. How does that happen without anyone noticing. scum of society
Same here, I dropped my LV wallet with well over $200 cash in it in the parking lot on my way in last week. Picked it up at the front desk after freaking out slightly and none of the cash was even gone (which I would have expected).

I am sure the fact that I go to a more expensive gym, there are cameras that look into the parking lot, and my CC license is visible when you open the wallet didn't hurt, but I like to think that it is more just a product of living in the midwest.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #1780
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
I hate that shit.

I have a bad back so some stuff I can't do a ton of weight with at the gym. I'd rather do the full range of motion with weight I can handle than those little 1/4 moves with too much.

I also don't post instagram pics though so...

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
Delta03117477.50
Run Silent15127.00
      09-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #1781
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

People who do kettlebell swings for a delt exercise with no hip movement. STOP.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #1782
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

When the gym closed down.

/thread
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0