E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMRC-01 is not compatible with LOGIC 7

01-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #1
original gofastnow
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan

BMRC-01 is not compatible with LOGIC 7

Vehicle: 2007 335i with Logic 7
After much pain have realized the BMRC-01 is not compatible with LOGIC 7.
For clarity it will connect to the factory connector and will send power to aftermarket HU, but does NOT pass the parking brake or reverse signals.
Confirmed with Axxess that the BMRC-01 is not compatible with Logic 7 though there site does not state this specifically.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
original gofastnow
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan

I just wanted to clearly state that the BMRC-01 does not work with the Logic 7 interface method, therfore does not turn on the parking brake and reverse control signals. There is confusion out there in regards to fitment as Crutchfield and others do not correctly (exactly) identify the logic 7, incorrectly indicating the BMRC-01 will work with a Logic 7 fitted car. Really confusing for us newbies.

On a brighter note---installed the ASWC-1 steering wheel interface unit and it works correctly. Installed a Pioneer AppRadio SPH-DA120 HU and GM-D9605 GM amp and it works great. By the way, the amp fit in the original space by removing the OE bracket and fitting a flat panel in its place.
We conneted the OE 4 door speakers and subs up to the external amp and connected the dash center speaker to the HU internal amp as bridged across front left and right to get mono. The rear deck speakers are connected to the HU rear outputs. Quite pleased with the sound.

We wanted the reverse signal for we added a trunk latch mount backup camera, had to add a wire, rear to front and conneted to backup lights to trigger HU. And the park brake signal as the HU requires this to display video inputs.

A little puzzling that the ASWC-1 steering wheel interface unit works correctly but not the BMRC-01. Is the rev and brake info only sent over the fiber?
Appreciate 0