E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > JB4/ECU issues after battery replacement.

07-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
Shakinbakin
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO+Meth

JB4/ECU issues after battery replacement.

Had FBO modifications on my 2007 E92 335i for about 2 and a half years with no issues. About 6 months ago my mechanic said my battery was low and needed to be replaced soon. A few days ago, im driving moderately and receive a transmission error, followed by an ABS error and my radio and AC start pulsing on and off and speedometer jumps from my speed to zero. Won't restart so I jump it, battery is so dead as soon as I disconnect jumpers the car shuts off. So I replaced the battery and starter, mechanic says im good to go.

As soon as I hit the highway on my way home, everything goes haywire. Speedometer stuck at zero while im driving, literally every possible error, coolant, transmission, temperature, traction, airbags ... every light in the dash is on. Navigation is completely black. windows randomly start and stop working. Turn signals either don't work or wont turn off when they do. Car lets me turn it off while im in Drive (automatic trans) and sometimes when I restart it I cant move it into drive.

I can access JB4 menu and put it into stock bypass. Every time I start the car I get an immediate transmission error, if I go over 10mph all the stuff above starts happening, Cant accelerate at all, just start gliding, not even limp mode. Randomly/sometimes when I go back under 10mph acceleration kicks back in and seems fine for 5 seconds, and it all happens again. Different mechanic says he couldn't read any codes because the car recognizes that the ECU is not a BMW ECU, and thinks when the battery completely died, the computer may have tried to factory reset and freaked out because of the JB4. It's as if the ECU can't communicate with any electronic components. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thinking about reinstalling the JB4, but I cant even get it on the back roads home.

Last edited by Shakinbakin; 07-28-2018 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

I don't think whatever your issue is has anything to do with the JB4. Maybe they blew a fuse on the car when jump starting it or something.

Mike
Appreciate 0