E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Dealer lying about cd changer?

07-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #111
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by glancy View Post
I dont have the ability to remove the side bolsters at all, it appears they are 1 complete unit.

I did manage to lift the rear seat base up and found a quid! result!

i then went into the boot looking for the bolts at the lower end of the rear seat back that hold the seat. (according to a few guides on the internet - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...73&postcount=2) - i Couldnt find the bolts though, any ideas

are they in the back of the car and not the boot???

Really sorry for being a newbie...
Did you find out how to take it off?
I fidled with those, as I have non folding seats but could not understand it.
      07-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #112
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post

Now, while I was pinging e-mails back and fourth to Dension I managed to get a copy of the Autologic installation and Coding guide!

Thanks for anyone who helped along the way
Referring to page 13;

' If the vehicle is subsequently programmed or coded with the official dealer equipment after fitting Dension products, the Dension products installed might need to be reactivated. '

That is true.

Just a word of caution, all of you who have coded your car for Dension kit via autologic, may lose it, if your car goes to dealear and if they update your modules.

Two ways to avoid it;
1- Get this coded by dealers (if they know what they are doing)
2- Do not update modules of your car unless it is trivial. In that case, ask dealer to code your car for dension / ipod kit FOC. If not, unfortunately you have to go to indi to get it done again.

I have no idea, how autologic codes, but apparently it is not dealer way of doing it, and if you upgrade module / reset module, you loose what was done by autologic.

I had a client who had this kit fitted and coded by autologic. We tried to code his sound system to Hi-fi. No problems with that, however since we did it with dealer level equipment, so it lost dension kit coding.
I had to code his car again to get Dension kit working.

All the best.
      05-26-2020, 04:54 AM   #113
bmw_solid
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 PreLCI 330d SE Coupe B.Red

Apologies to revive this thread!

I have a E92 Pre-LCI 330d SE and it has IDrive with Bluetooth telephone but no CDC, USB or iPod connection!

In hope of having MP3 playback in my car (in dash slot does not play MP3s) I ordered a used CD Changer from eBay.

However, after seeing Moar's in-genius idea of simply connecting the iPod interface at the CDC pre-wiring connector in the boot, I am completely amazed!

However, in the below post, it was mentioned that the iPod interface must be coded as iPod and not a CD Changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moar View Post
All done.

Get someone WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING! This is more important that any person who has had 50 years experience in the main dealer.

Add the cd changer into the loom on the most block.

Then code the car as retrofitting an ipod, not a cd changer, an ipod.

Plug in the BMW ipod interface in the back where the cd changer goes and voila.

The interface cost me £40 off ebay and didn't cost me anything to code it up etc. However if you go to someone who knows what they're doing and can code it as an ipod retrofit then it will cost another £40.

So total cost for full ipod intergration in my car with all the track names etc on the idrive....£40...im happy

If you have a dension, code it as a dension not ipod.

You can code it as a cd changer and plug in your dension or bmw interface but theres no point when you have the ipod/dension option.

Can I also request ibanezking to put that in his pipe and smoke it

I have a working copy of INPA and NCSExpert (from bimmergeeks, downloaded last month) and would like to know if its possible to code the iPod interface using NCSexpert? If I add the CDC option to the VO and change the .TRC file to change CDC from 'nicht-aktiv' to 'aktiv' would this enable the iPod interface to work, as in Moar's set-up the interface is communicating as a CD Changer to the IDrive?

I am able to return the CDC back to the seller as I have 30 days.

Last edited by bmw_solid; 05-26-2020 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0