E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Pioneer Appradio 2 SPH-DA100 install (double din)

07-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #67
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarami View Post
It's good to see that some of you have the AppRadio installed.

I just got back from my local radio shop where they pulled the radio out and said it was connected with fiber optic and that there were not going to be able to use the harness adapter that they originally thought they were going to be able to use.

Are they BSing me ? They then turned around and said I had to get a new amp and rewire all the speakers followed by it was going to cost me twice as much.

Any help, pointers anyone can give me would be appreciated. I was really excited about getting the AppRadio 3 installed and now I'm really bumbed out. At this point, I'm ready to do it myself if I can get some pointers here.

I have a 2008 BMW 335i Sedan - non-Nav with the premium system I think - it has the rear door speakers

Regards
David J.
Do you have a Logic 7 DSP?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #68
djarami
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008

Maybe, Not sure. I bought the car used. It doesn't have the navigation and it is the one that has rear door speakers and speakers under the front seats.

Great sound but useless radio, specially the Bluetooth and iPhone support.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

David J.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #69
beamerfever
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 24 m4

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarami View Post
Maybe, Not sure. I bought the car used. It doesn't have the navigation and it is the one that has rear door speakers and speakers under the front seats.

Great sound but useless radio, specially the Bluetooth and iPhone support.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

David J.
see I'm having the same problem and this is what I've learned based on my research, yes you can install the aftermarket HU using a Technic harness or something and a bunch of other stuff as long as you mount your OEM HU into your trunk to retain sos and door chimes, and for bmw software updates and what not. What the installer is saying about getting a new amp and speakers is what I'm doing because my stock amp is fucking damaged. and no it's not twice as expensive thats all bull shit because all you are doing is running new wires from each speaker to an amp and then to the head unit. its not even twice as expensive for me. i bought an appradio 3 from best buy and they price matched crutchfield and i got the harness, dash kits, seat relocating kit, and antenna adapter for free.

App radio 3 w/ harness and everything- $500 plus tax
amp- $300 plus tax
steering wheel control - $70
i'm getting quotes for install from a couple shops. so far the highest is 350 and the lowest was 125 (guy works for a custom sound shop but is doing it on the side)

my total is around $1200 give or take, now if i just replaced my amp because that's my problem BMW quoted me at $1700. so for about 1200 im getting a new head unit an amp and a better user interface. not bad whenever i do have money ill probably add a sub and not use my underseat subs
Appreciate 0