E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Finally fitted the JB4.......

01-25-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Finally fitted the JB4.......

After getting an early JB4 off Neil (juiceduptuning) last April (yes, 9 months ago!) I took the day off work yesterday and fitted it!

Along with the AFE Dual cone setup I bought of Idnan on here (cheers bud, fits a treat!)

A bit of wiring work on the kitchen table to mod the harness. I also wired in the Speed delimiter and the DPfix (i'm not a fan of auto code clearing) permanently to the JB harness,so a neat install, plug it in, started perfect.

Upgraded to latest firmware easily and the new Interface, great UI BMS! - simple, quick, effective, take note Microsoft et-al.

Using Map 5, but maybe I should try Map 2 for starters? Any advice.

Also loving the Boost-on-fuel-gauge - wicked watching it pick up, along with a build up in whoosing from the new cones!

Anyhow, pics below, notice how much condensation is in the Oil Catch Can hosing now I've fitted clear piping (after about 30 seconds running from cold).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
idnan
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

About time! Interestingly I feel the same way of the auto code clearing. I've had some fault codes associated with the lambda sensors which are unrelated to the DPs where I get power loss and juddering on the motorway. As soon as I pull over to the hard shoulder, the fault code has cleared which I can only blame on the auto clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Along with the AFE Dual cone setup I bought of Idnan on here (cheers bud, fits a treat!)
you're welcome mate, good to see them being used rather than cluttering up the house.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
neil@JuicedUpTuning
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Map 2 is capped at 14.5psi unlike Map 5 which is capped at 16psi.

Perform a couple of logs for comparing the two.

Alternative is to log and then submit log for help with a custom map 6
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Took the car to work today, quick run to Derby down the A50, very quick, 2nd gear just span, squirming long pulls in 3rd away from roundabouts - everyone esle just flying past backwards!!

Much more responsive than the JB3.

Map 5 seems a bit sharp on the gas pedal compared to a quick go on Map 2 (changed while cruising at 90 )

Left it on 5, give it time to adjust.

WOT in 3rd / 4th boost tops at 14psi according to the fuel gauge, very fast but perfect boost target hitting from any throttle position, the gauge just moves, no overshoot like with the JB3.

Great stuff!
Appreciate 0