E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $70 Oil Change Coupon

09-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

$70 Oil Change Coupon

Hi All,

Figured I would share this oil change coupon I found at my local Bloomfield BMW dealership:
http://news.bmwofbloomfield.com/Coup...change-special

Figured I would share this news with you since I just changed my oil last week for $80

FWIW - Most BMW dealerships will cross honor other bmw dealership coupons!!

- Faz
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
ErzenE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Garage List
Awesome, I need to get mine changed.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Bigugly
sheesh!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

just remember, cheap does not mean good!

you may get a BMW filter, but I'm betting the oil is some cheap synthetic.

trust me on this.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigugly View Post

trust me on this.
All BMW dealerships must use BMW OEM oil. They just cant run to Walmart and stock up on any synthetic oil.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Bigugly
sheesh!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
All BMW dealerships must use BMW OEM oil. They just cant run to Walmart and stock up on any synthetic oil.
lol, if you only knew- if you only knew lol

I really wish you were correct on that. You can pretty much take what you said to the bank on warranty oil services, but customer pay oil changes and services- you are NOT getting castrol BMW oil.

hell, the last place i worked would put aftermarket filters in the car under warranty and customer pay seriously.

PLEASE trust me on this (guy who has worked @ 3 BMW dealerships in the last 13 years).....
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:

trust me on this.
I've never heard of this

Being that its not an M, i dont see why BMW high-perf synthetic is cheap stuff

http://www.rocklandbergenbmwservice.com/

im pretty sure most coupons look like that.

-upto 8 quarts of premium syn. (how many different kind of prem syn oil is there at a bmw dealership)
-original BMW filter.

You must have worked in some sketchy dealerships then.

12.0 @ 117
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:

I really wish you were correct on that. You can pretty much take what you said to the bank on warranty oil services, but customer pay oil changes and services- you are NOT getting castrol BMW oil.

hell, the last place i worked would put aftermarket filters in the car under warranty and customer pay seriously.

PLEASE trust me on this (guy who has worked @ 3 BMW dealerships in the last 13 years).....
Believe me I don't doubt you, I was just stating what the dealer should do. I have experience from a dealer that billed me for work and never done it; they gave me a full refund.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Bigugly
sheesh!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
I've never heard of this

Being that its not an M, i dont see why BMW high-perf synthetic is cheap stuff

http://www.rocklandbergenbmwservice.com/

im pretty sure most coupons look like that.

-upto 8 quarts of premium syn. (how many different kind of prem syn oil is there at a bmw dealership)
-original BMW filter.

You must have worked in some sketchy dealerships then.

not really. I mean the last one I worked at was VERY sketch, but that isnt the exception to the rule.

customer pay oil changes normally get cheaper oil, like valvoline or other "bargain" bulk synthetic oils.

the warranty oil is (i mean- it says on the wall ) says castrol, but who knows what the parts manager is actually putting IN the bulk oil barrel. a large local oil company delivers oil to the dealership, not a BMW oil truck lol

when its bottle oil (which IMO is very archaic and wasteful for trash disposal) its BMW oil bottles- but any dealer that isn't a po-dunk little place is going to have reels and bulk oil disbursement.

and like im saying, dealerships tell the techs to use the cheaper oil for customer pay jobs. so you aren't getting what you truly pay for.

We use liqui-moly for all of our oil changes, and have been very happy with it. it isnt cheap by any means and is a very good oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Believe me I don't doubt you, I was just stating what the dealer should do. I have experience from a dealer that billed me for work and never done it; they gave me a full refund.

you said it. what the dealer "should" do, and what they "do" do are two different things sometimes
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:

I try to change my oil every 7500 miles to 10k miles, I can actually hear the change in the engine sound when the motor oil reaches closer to 10k miles. I know we use about 7 qts of oil and I personally feel that 1k mile/qt is very good time frame of usage for almost any kind of synthetic.

If I do the discount oil changes every 7,500-10,000 miles, I'm basically doing 2 changes for every recommended interval. Should be fine for almost any motor. Also, I agree... if you can't see them doing the work... then it was probably never done or done poorly. I don't really have the space or time to get under the car myself and do a proper oil change on my car (Other wise I would just buy a bulk bag of oil filters and get some Mobil 1 5W-30 LL01 from Walmart and change the oil myself every 5k miles).

I don't plan to keep the car forever, but as long as I make the effort and have records at my dealership of the work being done (early none the less)... then the car will retain perceived re-sale value when I do sell the car in the future.

- Faz
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Hi All,

Figured I would share this oil change coupon I found at my local Bloomfield BMW dealership:
http://news.bmwofbloomfield.com/Coup...change-special

Figured I would share this news with you since I just changed my oil last week for $80

FWIW - Most BMW dealerships will cross honor other bmw dealership coupons!!

- Faz
Thanks for sharing.
Always keep checking your local BMW dealer, they keep running these specials on oil change, wheel alignment and other maintenance work.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Bigugly
sheesh!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I try to change my oil every 7500 miles to 10k miles, I can actually hear the change in the engine sound when the motor oil reaches closer to 10k miles. I know we use about 7 qts of oil and I personally feel that 1k mile/qt is very good time frame of usage for almost any kind of synthetic.

If I do the discount oil changes every 7,500-10,000 miles, I'm basically doing 2 changes for every recommended interval. Should be fine for almost any motor. Also, I agree... if you can't see them doing the work... then it was probably never done or done poorly. I don't really have the space or time to get under the car myself and do a proper oil change on my car (Other wise I would just buy a bulk bag of oil filters and get some Mobil 1 5W-30 LL01 from Walmart and change the oil myself every 5k miles).

I don't plan to keep the car forever, but as long as I make the effort and have records at my dealership of the work being done (early none the less)... then the car will retain perceived re-sale value when I do sell the car in the future.

- Faz
I agree on that, i tell my customers 7500 miles between oil changes.
BUT like i was saying, you dont know *what* oil your actually getting.

and I prefer liqui moly (LL04) over mobil-1 (personal preference and oil analysis)
Appreciate 0