E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Window regulator or Window motor?

07-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Window regulator or Window motor?

I parked my e90 for 2 days, when I went to check on my car today, the rear passenger side window was down a crack. About 2 inches from the top. I tried to put it back up but it won't go up. It also do not go down. It's just stuck there. I can hear a little bit of movement and whining noise when I press the window switch. That's possibly the motor moving?

Is this a regulator issue or a window motor? I'm about to order the parts right now. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
I parked my e90 for 2 days, when I went to check on my car today, the rear passenger side window was down a crack. About 2 inches from the top. I tried to put it back up but it won't go up. It also do not go down. It's just stuck there. I can hear a little bit of movement and whining noise when I press the window switch. That's possibly the motor moving?

Is this a regulator issue or a window motor? I'm about to order the parts right now. Thanks guys.
Most likely the regulator, I had the same problem. The motors rarely fail but rear regulators are problematic and junk. I used an after market one.

Once I removed the skin, I could see the regulator wire tangled, I cut the wire and replaced it.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng77 View Post
Most likely the regulator, I had the same problem. The motors rarely fail but rear regulators are problematic and junk. I used an after market one.

Once I removed the skin, I could see the regulator wire tangled, I cut the wire and replaced it.
I went back out to check on it, I was able to move the the window up and down freely with my hands. Looks like the glass fell off the window rack or regulator. I taped the glass in the up position for now, it's suppose to be raining and thunderstorms for the next 3 days.

Gonna order new regulators now. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
B0ysiE90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i (e90)

Check your local Bmw dealer. I had my car in for fuel pump under Sulev warranty. They told me my window couldn't go up and fixed it because of an extended warranty up to 125k miles for my e90 2011.
Appreciate 0