E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Upgrading 2007 E90 front - LCI or E92 coupe front? Which willfit?

10-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M4 Convertible

Upgrading 2007 E90 front - LCI or E92 coupe front? Which willfit?

My car was in an accident and I need to get the hood, passenger fender, passenger side headlight replaced. I am looking at it as an opportunity to get the entire front face lifted without being way too expensive. I just paid off my car and I can't afford a brand new car.

I believe in addition to what will be covered as part of the repair, I will have to get a new driver side headlight, new kidney grille and perhaps new fog lights. So which parts can be reused - the bulbs? the control unit? the fog lights?

I can spend upto $1000-1500 on top of what insurance will pay for the repairs.

I don't like the E90 grandma lips but love the simple hood (without too many creases like the LCI look). I also like the clear headlights.

My preference would be to get a E92 look. Is it possible to fit it on an E90 as is without too many complications? anybody dun it?

If not LCI look is something I would consider. I looked at this: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=328677&page=2 and it seems interesting but I would again prefer a pre-LCI E92 coupe look.

Please advise. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

To get the e92 look would be quite a bit of work if I am not mistaken. Probably would be easier to buy a M3 front for the e90.

Do you have xenons on your old headlight? Most of the lights sold on here are a complete set, so no sense in reusing your part. You should probably keep the bulbs if you had xenons.

A new set of the LCI headlight (clear ones) on here should be around 1200$+.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=e90+headlight

and based on this post,
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...e90+headlights

the LCI and pre-LCI (what you have) 's headlight should have no fitment issues, However, you do need to get dealer to do some re-programming, could be covered under insurance.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Help - need to decide soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
To get the e92 look would be quite a bit of work if I am not mistaken. Probably would be easier to buy a M3 front for the e90.

Do you have xenons on your old headlight? Most of the lights sold on here are a complete set, so no sense in reusing your part. You should probably keep the bulbs if you had xenons.

the LCI and pre-LCI (what you have) 's headlight should have no fitment issues, However, you do need to get dealer to do some re-programming, could be covered under insurance.
Thank you for responding.

I know a lot of people like the M bumper but I don't like the way the fog lights stand out. I guess I am going more for a sleek look than an aggresive look. I don't like the way the M bumper expands out in the middle. I guess just a personal preference.

I do like the E92 look since I dont like the silver grille pieces on the hood of my e90 and I need to get a new hood anyway.

I do have xenons. So worst case, if I can't get E92 look I can get the clear headlights (post-LCI) instead of what I have now.

Anybody else got any more suggestions or comments on how tough it would be to get a E92 look?

Thanks,
Balan
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

To do the LCI facelift, you need the hood, front bumper, grilles and whatever other parts are needed for the bumper. Your stock pre-lci headlights will work, but you can upgrade if you need to. This shouldn't cost anything more than your replacement non-LCI parts.

The E92 transformation would pretty much be everything in front of the a-pillar. Fenders, bumper, grilles, headlights, and whatever is underneath. Pretty sure this would be much more expensive and I wouldn't trust any local body shop to do it.

If you want a slightly better look, I'd definitely get the LCI M-sport bumper. Again, you'd still keep the same headlights, but you'd get the cool hood with the crease in the middle, the single piece kidneys and a great looking bumper. Or the BMW performance bumper, which is awesome as well.

If I ever upgrade, I'll be going with the LCI M-sport front.

Stock:

M-sport:

BMW Performance:

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
Thank you for responding.

I know a lot of people like the M bumper but I don't like the way the fog lights stand out. I guess I am going more for a sleek look than an aggresive look. I don't like the way the M bumper expands out in the middle. I guess just a personal preference.

I do like the E92 look since I dont like the silver grille pieces on the hood of my e90 and I need to get a new hood anyway.

I do have xenons. So worst case, if I can't get E92 look I can get the clear headlights (post-LCI) instead of what I have now.

Anybody else got any more suggestions or comments on how tough it would be to get a E92 look?

Thanks,
Balan
You can get the M bumper and not put on the fog lights, just dont put the side grills in. makes it look much better
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
cstavaru
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M Sport Sedan 6MT

If I were you, I would upgrade the front with LCI front except for the bumper which would be BMW Performance, BUT I would not upgrade the headlights ! This way it would be quite cheap and you can upgrade the headlights later when you have the money (sell the old headlights on eBay )
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
fidozoom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
If I were you, I would upgrade the front with LCI front except for the bumper which would be BMW Performance, BUT I would not upgrade the headlights ! This way it would be quite cheap and you can upgrade the headlights later when you have the money (sell the old headlights on eBay )
Actually I don't like the new hood - i think the creases make it look more like my other car, a 2010 Nissan Altima

But you bring up an interesting point:

I can keep my existing pre-LCI E90 sedan bumper and get the LCI hood and grilles? I thought I would need a new bumper too.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidozoom View Post
Actually I don't like the new hood - i think the creases make it look more like my other car, a 2010 Nissan Altima

But you bring up an interesting point:

I can keep my existing pre-LCI E90 sedan bumper and get the LCI hood and grilles? I thought I would need a new bumper too.
No, you can't interchange any of the LCI parts. You have to get the hood, grilles and bumper all together. He was just saying he'd get the LCI performance bumper over the LCI stock bumper.

If you don't like the LCI hood, you are stuck with pre-LCI parts. So your only bumper options are the stock pre-LCI, m-tech, and the replica M3 bumper.
Appreciate 0