E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > M6 exhaust on a 335 e90???

05-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #23
spark227
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Even if the M6 exhaust could be fitted, it would probably be heavy as most oem exhausts tend to be.

Anyway I've been reading that Vishnu's new catback has the sexy gurgle and growl that a V8 can produce. $1300 for Procede customers.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #24
Dennis@RENNSpec
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i, 07' 335i, 07' M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Eisenhaus View Post
The reason the M6 sounds so good is not because of the exhaust. It's the S85 V10.
TURE!!
http://www.wretch.cc/album/dennis6109
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 12:30 AM   #25
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

swoop,
instead of getting all pissy and upset, you asked for those remarks -- not to be an ass... instead of trying to bolt on parts to replicate a sound, you gotta how why and how it makes those sounds.

u can't just expect to bolt on shit and expect it to meet your expectations. and honestly, thinking about it, if you could just bolt on an m6 exhaust -- and it sounds just like the real deal, dont' you think people would've done that already instead of wasting their money on the aftermarket exhausts that are out now?

So, just chill out and browse the forum to see what exhaust you like the most.

Now helping you out -- there's a few exhausts that are worthy of being noted. i'm only going to note one -- bc i think they have the majority consent on this forum. it's a bit pricey, but it's the best. Eisenmann tends to be the best. Look it up -- plus it looks real good too. It has that throaty, strong sound that you're looking for.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #26
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Oh, I'm not being pissy, nor am I upset..I was actually trying to be a bit funny with the remarks. I'm not worried about silly remarks, just wanted some constructive feedback. As far as "gotta know how things work", a simple "no, won't fit and that's not why it sounds that way" would suffice as opposed to the free newb bashing. (again, I''m not upset about it...I felt like being a little witting and biting back. No harm in that, right?).

To the bolting shit on and making it work comment....uh, isn't that what is being done with many of these other products? someone had to bolt the shit on and had to find out if it worked and more importantly, someone has to be the first to ask or the first to try anything so, no it's not necessarily true that other people would have already done this.....Thanks for the help though, i really do appreciate it.
Believe me, I'm not being pissy, just had to do a little protective bashing of my own, otherwise I would get owned....we can't have that now....

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #27
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Now we're getting it....Yes, I want the deep, not nec loud, but a nice deep throat growl. no panties, no bunches.....no worries
yeah i like the deep throat noises too hahaha
      05-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #28
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Oh, I'm not being pissy, nor am I upset..I was actually trying to be a bit funny with the remarks. I'm not worried about silly remarks, just wanted some constructive feedback. As far as "gotta know how things work", a simple "no, won't fit and that's not why it sounds that way" would suffice as opposed to the free newb bashing. (again, I''m not upset about it...I felt like being a little witting and biting back. No harm in that, right?).

To the bolting shit on and making it work comment....uh, isn't that what is being done with many of these other products? someone had to bolt the shit on and had to find out if it worked and more importantly, someone has to be the first to ask or the first to try anything so, no it's not necessarily true that other people would have already done this.....Thanks for the help though, i really do appreciate it.
Believe me, I'm not being pissy, just had to do a little protective bashing of my own, otherwise I would get owned....we can't have that now....
Swoop... no one can really "bash" you lol. You got a nicer car than most of these ppl on this forum...

As for the first bolt shit on, find out if things work... i think it was the other way around :mad: As govt regulations started kicking in -- i.e. air quality, noise control, etc -- these dumbass exhausts and such started getting more and more restrictive. So, people decided, hey, why not make it less restrictive, and started gutting out exhausts etc to see the result... then they made the exhausts (bolt ons) and made it work.

On another note,
I was looking at your sig -- and i say go for the mtech kit and studie lip. Your car is sick looking -- as i've commented on your other thread -- but i never really liked the look of the ACS... i thought it was a little much, and made the e90 look too front heavy (as i feel like there's too much shit going on)... nonetheless, you did a real clean job and made everything work. One thing i propose, is that you should just get the entire mtech kit if you're planning on getting the front and back. If you get the front and back separately, you're pretty much going to spend the same price as the full package. And for the Studie lip, if you can get ahold of one -- let me know where you got it, and what you paid -- that badboy's hard to get ahold of.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #29
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
no offense. but i fell off my chair wen i saw this one.

*slaps you* --> Welcome back to reality my friend.

If you put an M6 exhaust, you'd have more of a stifle'd sound. ever heard a Evo 7? like that. except the difference is the Evo's engine is blazing with its short gear ratio. Your E90 would probably have the same sound, but because its putting strain on the engine (what me and several friends agree on)

no disrespect or anything.
      05-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #30
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
Swoop... no one can really "bash" you lol. You got a nicer car than most of these ppl on this forum...

As for the first bolt shit on, find out if things work... i think it was the other way around :mad: As govt regulations started kicking in -- i.e. air quality, noise control, etc -- these dumbass exhausts and such started getting more and more restrictive. So, people decided, hey, why not make it less restrictive, and started gutting out exhausts etc to see the result... then they made the exhausts (bolt ons) and made it work.

On another note,
I was looking at your sig -- and i say go for the mtech kit and studie lip. Your car is sick looking -- as i've commented on your other thread -- but i never really liked the look of the ACS... i thought it was a little much, and made the e90 look too front heavy (as i feel like there's too much shit going on)... nonetheless, you did a real clean job and made everything work. One thing i propose, is that you should just get the entire mtech kit if you're planning on getting the front and back. If you get the front and back separately, you're pretty much going to spend the same price as the full package. And for the Studie lip, if you can get ahold of one -- let me know where you got it, and what you paid -- that badboy's hard to get ahold of.
Thanks man, I appreciate the comments. I agree with you on the ACS front lip comments. I'm not a big fan of it and have been hoping to replace it with an M front and Studie lip...as well as the back. I am on the list for Europassion's Gbs, but you know how that is...who knows how that'll turn out.

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0