E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW 5 series Turbo, 700+BHP

10-04-2008, 05:14 AM   #45
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
Vacuums by their nature ...
Yes, but Nature abhors a vacuum.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #46
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
You forget to mention this :-

A miniaturised nanomanipulation and nanoindentation system has been designed and manufactured to perform sub-micron localised in-situ deformation studies in a high resolution transmission electron microscope (HRTEM). The nanomanipulation drive comprises two independent mechanisms for both coarse and fine positioning of sharp indenter tips. Small slip-stick inertial sliders are used to coarsely position a tip which fits inside a bespoke hollowed specimen holder for a JEOL (Japan) 2010/3010 series vacuum. The coarse drive comprises three fully independent sliders which are set mutually perpendicular to one another (x, y and z) with a range > 1 mm and resolution ~ 100 nm. Fine positioning is achieved with a quartered piezoelectric tube with range ~ 2 μm and resolution < 1 Å. vacuum displacement sensors have been used to characterise the nanomanipulation drive performance including total displacement rate and step size in ambient conditions. These are compared to the operation of the drive within a TEM under vacuum conditions. TEM observations at high magnification enable optimisation of the fine and coarse motion and overall vacuum power
I think I'm going back to bed.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #47
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I have had enough of this, just traded in my old vac and bought myself this mother.

Motor 3 x Twinflo
Power 230V AV 50/60Hz
Motor Power 3600W
Airflow 110L/sec
Suction 2600mm
Capacity 80L
Cleaning Range 26.8m
Weight 32.5kg
Size 560x660x1075mm

A Triplex (tri-motored) 3600W power head of all-steel construction on an 80L cyclonic container and chassis as the NTD2003-2, giving a very powerful large industrial dry vac.

Just finished a few runs at Currys and I am now coming in at around 12.2 secs.

Here endeth the discussion.

Last edited by willhollin; 12-09-2008 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #48
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
You forget to mention this :-

A miniaturised nanomanipulation and nanoindentation system has been designed and manufactured to perform sub-micron localised in-situ deformation studies in a high resolution transmission electron microscope (HRTEM). The nanomanipulation drive comprises two independent mechanisms for both coarse and fine positioning of sharp indenter tips. Small slip-stick inertial sliders are used to coarsely position a tip which fits inside a bespoke hollowed specimen holder for a JEOL (Japan) 2010/3010 series vacuum. The coarse drive comprises three fully independent sliders which are set mutually perpendicular to one another (x, y and z) with a range > 1 mm and resolution ~ 100 nm. Fine positioning is achieved with a quartered piezoelectric tube with range ~ 2 μm and resolution < 1 Å. vacuum displacement sensors have been used to characterise the nanomanipulation drive performance including total displacement rate and step size in ambient conditions. These are compared to the operation of the drive within a TEM under vacuum conditions. TEM observations at high magnification enable optimisation of the fine and coarse motion and overall vacuum power

too much time
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:07 AM   #49
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I have had enough of this, just traded in my old vac and bought myself this mother.

Motor 3 x Twinflo
Power 230V AV 50/60Hz
Motor Power 3600W
Airflow 110L/sec
Suction 2600mm
Capacity 80L
Cleaning Range 26.8m
Weight 32.5kg
Size 560x660x1075mm

A Triplex (tri-motored) 3600W power head of all-steel construction on an 80L cyclonic container and chassis as the NTD2003-2, giving a very powerful large industrial dry vac.

12.2 secs my arse!! You talk so much dust, its starting to get right up my vacuum nozzle. I've gotta see this heap of junk in person. Get yourself down Carpetright next week and put your vac where your mouth is buddy!!

By the way, your new vac looks like the bins out the back of my house!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:29 AM   #50
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:

Motor 3 x Twinflo
Power 230V AV 50/60Hz
Motor Power 3600W
Airflow 110L/sec
Suction 2600mm
Capacity 80L
Cleaning Range 26.8m
Weight 32.5kg
Size 560x660x1075mm

Quite clearly you got mugged and sucked in by the sales Guy patter!

Those performance figures are all skewed and don't stack up in the real world.

I saw the dynograph for that particular model, and it was clear that the temperature it was run at were too low,and they used three cooling fans and not the normally FIA approved two fans as allowed under the governing rules.
I also had a spy watching the trials, and the machine was not strapped down properly, and the front wheels were allowed to creep up the rollers.

As for your run at Currys, it means jack,Curry's always have their air conditioning set too low,which means the ambient temperature is all skewed + the carpets are the non resitant type and again don't conform to approved FIA rules.

I see you have posted no time slips to support your wild claims, and it's unlikely that you only done a few runs, as to get a 12.2 alleged time at least 10 runs would have been needed.

Your times with no accompanying slips are worthless,why people come on here and make such ludicrous claims without supporting evidence is beyond a joke and gets no respect from me at all.

Anyway 12.2 seconds is a joke time,on the Currys circuit which has a lap time of 1.24 (subject to not being stopped by a spotty Salesguy trying to sell you a worthless policy), my Dyson would have taken your NTD2003-2 on the Hotpoint chicane, and obliterated it down the George Foreman straight,by the time I had reached the Matsui Plasma corner,your NTD2003-2 would still be struggling up Sharps Hill.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #51
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Quite clearly you got mugged and sucked in by the sales Guy patter!

Those performance figures are all skewed and don't stack up in the real world.

I saw the dynograph for that particular model, and it was clear that the temperature it was run at were too low,and they used three cooling fans and not the normally FIA approved two fans as allowed under the governing rules.
I also had a spy watching the trials, and the machine was not strapped down properly, and the front wheels were allowed to creep up the rollers.

As for your run at Currys, it means jack,Curry's always have their air conditioning set too low,which means the ambient temperature is all skewed + the carpets are the non resitant type and again don't conform to approved FIA rules.

I see you have posted no time slips to support your wild claims, and it's unlikely that you only done a few runs, as to get a 12.2 alleged time at least 10 runs would have been needed.

Your times with no accompanying slips are worthless,why people come on here and make such ludicrous claims without supporting evidence is beyond a joke and gets no respect from me at all.

Anyway 12.2 seconds is a joke time,on the Currys circuit which has a lap time of 1.24 (subject to not being stopped by a spotty Salesguy trying to sell you a worthless policy), my Dyson would have taken your NTD2003-2 on the Hotpoint chicane, and obliterated it down the George Foreman straight,by the time I had reached the Matsui Plasma corner,your NTD2003-2 would still be struggling up Sharps Hill.

Well Welcome Mr James Dyson!!!

I'm sick of hearing about all this Dyson crap, i'm surprised it even made it to Currys without breaking down. I suppose you sre getting a healthy backhander to mention them on here eh???

As far as I remember FIA rules state that it is total fan output that matters not how many are used so there. It was strapped down properly and wasn't taken off between runs so cannot see the problem here. I will post up all the slips when I get a chance but there is no reason why you should doubt me looking at my past record. I won the UK Allied Carpets Championship in 2005, 2006 and 2007.

I have no doubts I can go quicker than my 12.2 secs when I have had the peformance HEPA filter installed along with carbon fibre hose. I ain't even thought about a remap as there ain't nothing close to it. END OF
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #52
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Talking

If we're going to have a proper 'so far off topic, it doesn't matter anymore' vacuum re-map discussion, then we really need to look at the evidence.

Based merely on what has been 'spouted' over previous meet evenings, the only way I can see of the Triplex beating a 12.2 is to do the inevitable & stick ot on the back of the DXB:

Name:  vacbrooom.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  111.8 KB

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #53
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

HotCoupe, I agree. The carpet weave at Curry's is all wrong!! That's too setup for the fancy Miele's and Morphy Richards for my liking.

Now, Carpetright.. that's where the real Vacs go. No Chav's with their Carlos Fandango Dysons in the car park there.

3,600 Watts?? Didn't my piece explain anything? Big figures just don't equate to quick times... Give me a good solid Electrolux Z7310 Super Cyclone over your shiny Drum anyday... Don't give me all that triplex motor guff either... we may as well go right back to The Bustler in the 30's with the motor, fan chamber and bag mounted on the handle, with only the nozzle in contact with the floor. Dinosaur.

Booforty, once my Z7310 has had the Bristles realigned... name the store.

Take this baby in.... Simple design and some slick looking 8" Polycarb wheels. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #54
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
This is all just a load of old codswallop...

I never heard so much drivel in all my life...

Mr Willhollin, you claim that you were UK Allied Carpets Champion in 2005, 2006 and 2007. If I remember rightly, it was actually Mavis O'Reilly from Berwick Upon Tweed who hoovers her house every day without fail....

I'm not going to continue this conversation. I will be at Carpetright next Saturday which does have accurate ambient conditions for 1/4 mile timings, so if you want to shut me up I'll see you there...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #55
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Motor 3 x Twinflo
Power 230V AV 50/60Hz
Motor Power 3600W
Airflow 110L/sec
Suction 2600mm
Capacity 80L
Cleaning Range 26.8m
Weight 32.5kg
Size 560x660x1075mm

Does that have Active Steering?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #56
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
If I remember rightly, it was actually Mavis O'Reilly from Berwick Upon Tweed who hoovers her house every day without fail....
If you knew what you were talking about you would know that she was stripped of the titles due to substance abuse (Shake & Vac to be precise.)

Quote:
I'm not going to continue this conversation. I will be at Carpetright next Saturday which does have accurate ambient conditions for 1/4 mile timings, so if you want to shut me up I'll see you there...
Ill be there.........
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #57
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Does that have Active Steering?
Yes it does Floyd, not sure I like it but guess I will get used to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #58
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Comet, Allied Carpets and even the likes of Bob's Factory Flooring- I've heard vacuum runs (VRs) taking place at all these locations, but they're just not validated, so it's just a complete pile of tosh.

If you're going to run a proper VR, then there's only one way of sorting it out:

Name:  ST.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  47.6 KB

A Sucking Torque GPS-validated VR is the only way to go.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #59
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Comet, Allied Carpets and even the likes of Bob's Factory Flooring- I've heard vacuum runs (VRs) taking place at all these locations, but they're just not validated, so it's just a complete pile of tosh.

If you're going to run a proper VR, then there's only one way of sorting it out:

Attachment 191148

A Sucking Torque GPS-validated VR is the only way to go.

Viv
Why not make a meet of it and I can put some of these wannabes in their place Viv?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #60
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Why not make a meet of it and I can put some of these wannabes in their place Viv?
A simple way of identifying the bullsh*tters is to organise a meet & see who pulls out- it always works.

Those who turn up on the day will have nothing to hide.

So then, when shall we have the first Sucking Torque meet, ST1, boys & girls?

I've had a few PMs from Electrolix, Dysun & Mielee about wanting to become sponsors on here- I can see the start of dust being thrown all over the place from now.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #61
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

No vacuum cleaner could keep up with a properly re-mapped BOSH fridge over the 1/4 mile

FACT.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #62
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
No vacuum cleaner could keep up with a properly re-mapped BOSH fridge over the 1/4 mile

FACT.
No arguments from me there.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #63
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Well - I wasn't going to let you in on this but I have been working in partnership with Busch for some time now. If you think any of your vacs can keep up with what I've been testing then you are sadly mistaken.

Delivering higher levels of performance but with lower operating costs is always a tough 'double' to pull off, but Busch (UK) claims that its new Combi Series vacuum pump does just that and I've got the proof.

Conventionally, the only way to increase vacuum performance is to install more primary vacuum pumps - a solution that works but also means higher operating costs Busch (UK) says its new Combi puts an end to that

The Combi Series overcomes that problem by providing a multitude of possible combinations that use a mix of roots-type pump and 'backing' vacuum pump to reduce evacuation times and improve ultimate pressures and pump capacity.

The result is improved performance and a solution that is more cost effective than a conventional increase in the number of primary vacuum pumps.

Allied to the wide range of Busch vacuum pumps, the Combi Series provides the end user with an array of adaptable options to handle a variety of working pressures and capacities.

Each vacuum unit can be individually configured to the process conditions and the gas/media to be handled.

2 Busch Combi vacuum units can be used in a wide range of industries and in all vacuum ranges from atmospheric pressure down to less than 3 x 10-3 hPa.

Standard pump configuration capacities up to 4,000 m3/hr can also be achieved, while greater capacities and ultimate pressures can be catered for through bespoke designs.

The Combi units come in two configurations: the booster pump directly flanged to the inlet of the 'backing' pump or both booster and 'backing' vacuum pump mounted on a common base frame.

Both designs are said to offer an extremely compact footprint compared to large capacity stand-alone pumps.

The choice of 'backing' vacuum pump can be either the popular and successful R5 Series oil-lubricated rotary vane pump or the acclaimed COBRA rotary-screw vacuum pump which provides a totally dry-running solution.

Busch says that its new Combi units can be used in a wide range of applications and industries including metallising and PET coatings, glass and foil coatings, optical coatings, heat treatment furnaces and domestic vacuum's.

I have exclusive rights to demonstrate this new technology and would be glad to show what can really be done soon......
      10-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #64
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Are you up for ST1, Paul?

Viv

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #65
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

If I comment on the 700BHP 5 Series now, would I be going off topic............

Nice hoovers by the way
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 11:31 AM   #66
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Are you up for ST1, Paul?

Viv
of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli View Post
If I comment on the 700BHP 5 Series now, would I be going off topic............

Nice hoovers by the way
vacuums!