E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Dæos DRL harness questions (or any other method)

10-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Dæos DRL harness questions (or any other method)

I like the concept of the Dæos harness, but wanting something that is overall more like OEM. I don't want to be stuck having to have the DRL's permanently on whenever the car is on. The OEM DRL's will shut off 2 ways, through the blinker stalk (or iDrive), or simply pulling up on the e-brake. Can this be done with some modifications to the Dæos harness?

I was also wondering if anyone has somehow just tapped right into the OEM DRL's/flash to pass lights, to get angel lights as the DRL's. That way you can still turn them on and off through the computer, and the stock lights would just simply not work anymore. Possibly put a resistor in there somewhere so it doesn't throw a code...

I want the angels as DRL's, but don't want them permanently on, nor will I install a toggle switch or anything. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
alfaroe2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormeister616 View Post
I like the concept of the Dæos harness, but wanting something that is overall more like OEM. I don't want to be stuck having to have the DRL's permanently on whenever the car is on. The OEM DRL's will shut off 2 ways, through the blinker stalk (or iDrive), or simply pulling up on the e-brake. Can this be done with some modifications to the Dæos harness?

I was also wondering if anyone has somehow just tapped right into the OEM DRL's/flash to pass lights, to get angel lights as the DRL's. That way you can still turn them on and off through the computer, and the stock lights would just simply not work anymore. Possibly put a resistor in there somewhere so it doesn't throw a code...

I want the angels as DRL's, but don't want them permanently on, nor will I install a toggle switch or anything. Any suggestions?

I dont have any suggestions but I do have a brand new harness in its original packaging for sale :-) PM me, im in North Jersey
Appreciate 0