E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2011 335i bluetooth retrofit

02-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
AndreyT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan, Sport

2011 335i bluetooth retrofit

(I reposted this in "AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software" forum.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493572

Sorry for posting it here - I missed the specific forum at first).

Hello

I have a 2011 335i sedan. It terms of options it only has sport package, leather and folding rear seat. No navigation. Somehow I managed to decline the Bluetooth integration, which I regret now. So, I'd like to install it now. I found this thread on this forum

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85149

which was last updated in 2009. I wonder if there are any specifics for 2011 335i. I hope someone can help me to answer the following questions:

1) Is my car pre-wired for Bluetooth? I heard that all USA models come pre-wired, but still wonder if there are exceptions from that.

2) What parts will I need?

2) Where can I order the parts?

`getbmwparts.com` (Tischer) doesn't seem to list the TCU part if I browse by year/model. Searching by part number gives a different part (84109181230 supersedes 84109171590) with a significantly different price ($382.38 vs $675). Is that the right TCU?

3) The light cluster in my car doesn't have the SOS button. It is just flat and solid in that area - no hole. As far as I understand, the SOS button assembly also holds the microphone. So, do I also need to order a different light cluster panel, so that it has a hole for the microphone/SOS button?

4) Does anyone know a dealer/service center in San Francisco Bay Area that has a clue when it comes to retrofitting Bluetooth to 335i? The local dealers are totally in the dark. DINAN in Mountain View at least understands what is meant by that, but it looks like it is the first time for them as well. I'm bringing the car over to them to take a look on Monday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by AndreyT; 02-24-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0