E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > bodyshop - BMW of Sudbury CCRC vs A-Z Auto Center

01-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
ibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 BSM 335xi e90 LCI M-Sport

bodyshop - BMW of Sudbury CCRC vs A-Z Auto Center

Does anyone have any experience with the BMW of Sudbury CCRC (Certified Collision Repair Center) located at Ashland?

How about A-Z Auto Center? I need to get my bumper replaced and painted, and ventureshield reapplied from a front end hit and run. I live in the Watertown area, so any bodyshop recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard good things about A-Z, but never had any experience myself.

-IB
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
newbiE90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

If your insurance is paying for this, a certified collision center might be too expensive. I had a hit and run on a C230K, and although I wanted to take it to the MB dealership, I would've had to pay the difference in labor rates.

I had my repair done by Dick's autobody in Somerville near Davis Square. I thought they did a great job, and looking from the cars in their lot, this is no run of the mill body shop. Nothing but BMW's, Porches, Mercedes, Ferrari's, etc.

Sorry to hear about the hit and run, best of luck to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Peter at Munroe Auto Body is where I take my car and my gf's RSX. He is a very honest man. Took my old G coupe there and my old roommate had brought his car there too and that's how I found out about them. They are right in Watertown too. You can mention that Wilson and Anne with the RSX and BMW recommended you to him so that he knows that you were recommended there just in case you are cautious about them. You really shouldn't feel sketched out...when you meet him, you will feel very comfortable.
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Whoops - I saw your other thread first. Posted my reply there: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...63&postcount=3

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
ibo
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks everyone from your replies . I will call some of those places mentioned before making a decision. Sigh...my poor baby will also need a pair of snowshoes...what a costly New Years. Sure hope everyone has better luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #6
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Also give Phil Jr a call at Sansossio Auto Body in Natick. He's a fellow enthusiast and he had done ALL the body work on my BMWs
      01-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #7
ibo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Also give Phil Jr a call at Sansossio Auto Body in Natick. He's a fellow enthusiast and he had done ALL the body work on my BMWs
Thanks Kev, and everyone else for that matter. I'll keep all recommendations in mind for future issues (fingers crossed that nothing else happens).

I've taken my car to A-Z Auto Center in Brighton based on online reviews and testimonials from a couple of my friends, one of which had a boxster repaired there with great results. I checked out the place, saw them in action, and so far I like what I see. The people are knowledgeable and friendly and provide constant updates to me via e-mail which I can check at work. So far so good.

I will post back regarding their repair quality once I go inspect my car when its time for pickup. Hopefully we can add another quality body-shop to the Boston list!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibo View Post
Thanks Kev, and everyone else for that matter. I'll keep all recommendations in mind for future issues (fingers crossed that nothing else happens).

I've taken my car to A-Z Auto Center in Brighton based on online reviews and testimonials from a couple of my friends, one of which had a boxster repaired there with great results. I checked out the place, saw them in action, and so far I like what I see. The people are knowledgeable and friendly and provide constant updates to me via e-mail which I can check at work. So far so good.

I will post back regarding their repair quality once I go inspect my car when its time for pickup. Hopefully we can add another quality body-shop to the Boston list!
I also heard that about A-Z Auto Center. I am sure you will be fine. Definitely post before and after pics when they're done.
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0