E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Video: Alpina Z8 stolen and crashed during Santa Monica riots

06-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #67
tracer bullet
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
How does looting and rioting helping your cause?
It got the world's attention in a way the earlier peaceful protesting did not.

For some I think that may have been the point. For others (maybe most of them in fact), they just wanted to fuck shit up or give themselves an excuse to steal something for the thrill of it?

There are not only video examples but multiple arrests made locally of white guys from out of town doing damage - breaking windows and burning the buildings from the inside. A number of black owned businesses were burned down in areas many miles away from the epicenter. These were not the peaceful protesters or representatives of the black community.

The people, whoever they were or their reasons, doing the damage were low single digit %'s of the total number of people doing some form of protesting. Yes they make the rest look bad and that may have also been part of their point? Their goal anyhow.

Either way, who / what / why is complicated. 10's of thousands of black people didn't go out and burn their city down. FYI in case that wasn't obvious.
Appreciate 6
      06-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #68
Humdizzle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 ferrari 458

aren't all Alpina Z8's automatic. good riddance.

anyway yes this is wrong. property was stolen. end of story.

of course... the gov't steals from us all the time.

2010 Ferrari 458
2015 Silverstone F80 6MT
2009 Honda Civic
Previous: E36 M3 | E46 M3 | R35 GTR | FR-S | F30 335i
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #69
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Quote:
How does looting and rioting helping your cause?
It got the world's attention in a way the earlier peaceful protesting did not.

For some I think that may have been the point. For others (maybe most of them in fact), they just wanted to fuck shit up or give themselves an excuse to steal something for the thrill of it?

There are not only video examples but multiple arrests made locally of white guys from out of town doing damage - breaking windows and burning the buildings from the inside. A number of black owned businesses were burned down in areas many miles away from the epicenter. These were not the peaceful protesters or representatives of the black community.

The people, whoever they were or their reasons, doing the damage were low single digit %'s of the total number of people doing some form of protesting. Yes they make the rest look bad and that may have also been part of their point? Their goal anyhow.

Either way, who / what / why is complicated. 10's of thousands of black people didn't go out and burn their city down. FYI in case that wasn't obvious.
Did I say the rioting was a black and white thing? A couple of post before, I pointed that out that there were more white folks there than black.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that want change but not their business, affordable housing and community destroyed, in the process. It's just asinine to believe that.

You say this got people's attention, like the tens of other police killings before, that got world wide coverage, as this one.

Come back and check me in 2 years and let me how much has changed. Cops are going to be cops and racism is not going anywhere.

The best the public can do is try to be tactful when dealing with police, who I'm not a fan of BTW and severely scold the ones that violate.

What you don't get is racism or police brutality never went away, it's simple being recorded now but that can be used as a powerful tool to highlighting police misconduct and crucify them in the Court Of Public opinion, which is the only way to achieve that but the world doesn't need to burn in the process.

Anyway, we're venturing far off topic now, so I'll just leave it here.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:20 PM   #70
FreudeamFahren18
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonSU View Post
Terrible...

Chunk it up to Police brutality and racism
Very tone deaf comment
Its clear there are elements out there out to cause havoc. Others taking advantage of protests to loot
Dont blame it on peaceful protests. Thats blanket condemnation. You know better.
Looting and vandalism should be condemned but for you to make fun of police brutality and racism is horrible. People have suffered and been brutalized
Linking looting and vandalism to police brutality and racism is you cheapening the lives of those who have suffered terribly
Good for you, you will never suffer brutality. That doesn't mean you cant have a heart. You dont have to suffer to understand suffering.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #71
tracer bullet
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Anyway, we're venturing far off topic now, so I'll just leave it here.
I think we largely agree on things, and didn't intend to call you out. FWIW.

We'll see about change - some cities do seem to have changed their police tactics and resulting issues over the years, and we may be embarking on that here (meaning MN) as well. In the past it does seem like a lot is said but little done, hoping it'll just go away. This time it looks like things are taking place that may (TBD) actually create some revisions.

Racism certainly has been around a looong time, will likely be around a lot longer. It may be a little human nature, but it's systemic as well. But a lot's changed decade over decade, it wasn't so long ago we had legal segregation. Each generation seems to be a little less worried about people different from themselves, let's hope that continues.
Appreciate 1
Poochie4974.00

06-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #72
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

yes...it's just so sad and frustrating from every single corner.
      06-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #73
jjasonSU
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i, NSX

@FreudeamFahren18
I think you took my comment wrong...
I said that because i haven't seen anything on this board due to the root cause (racism and police brutality) but complaints about a wrecked car.

Quote:

It's very telling you're ok with some waste of sperm destroying a country they didn't help build.

So let me ask you, what do you expect is going to change? How does looting and rioting helping your cause?
All that did is set business, that employ the community and have nothing to with anything, back years, until a positive balance sheet.

The police are not going anywhere and they are still human, doing a very human job, capable of overreacting or making mistakes.

So unless you plan to replace them with robots, tomorrow is just another day but now I guess, the aggrieved parties have some new Gucci shoes, for the revolution.

Now that's why I call progress..
What did the 400+ years of free labor build? Just curious.
Police can make mistakes but what people are protesting is blatant mistreatment of citizens which happen to be black most of the time. Look at the George Floyd video.
Appreciate 1
infamousq152.00

06-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #74
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
yes...it's just so sad and frustrating from every single corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonSU View Post
@FreudeamFahren18
I think you took my comment wrong...
I said that because i haven't seen anything on this board due to the root cause (racism and police brutality) but complaints about a wrecked car.

Quote:

It's very telling you're ok with some waste of sperm destroying a country they didn't help build.

So let me ask you, what do you expect is going to change? How does looting and rioting helping your cause?
All that did is set business, that employ the community and have nothing to with anything, back years, until a positive balance sheet.

The police are not going anywhere and they are still human, doing a very human job, capable of overreacting or making mistakes.

So unless you plan to replace them with robots, tomorrow is just another day but now I guess, the aggrieved parties have some new Gucci shoes, for the revolution.

What did the 400+ years of free labor build? Just curious.
Police can make mistakes but what people are protesting is blatant mistreatment of citizens which happen to be black most of the time. Look at the George Floyd video.
Bro, I saw a man's life get taken because of a fvcking $20 bill, something I wipe my ass with. So I totally understand people's pain and hurt but my point simple was; go after the motherfvckers that are truly responsible, dealer's choice.

There are a lot of ways of getting attention or extracting revenge, that I would probably get in trouble for suggesting but don't go steal people's shit, that have nothing to do with it.
How you would like if someone come steal your car, in the name of the cause?

I'm not perfect but I'm very perceptive and empathic to a fault, so I try to look at things from an objective lens, which includes support the protest but not stealing and crashing someone's priceless Z8.
Appreciate 3
IB M1509.50
PhatLyfe570.50
Tari62.50

06-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #75
EMpunker
M3 Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daily Driver

Angry

This BMW Alpina Z8 was stolen by looters/rioters Sunday evening in Santa Monica and subsequently crashed into my friend's car while trying to escape.

She was taken to the hospital by her boyfriend with serious head injuries. The Police couldn't respond because they were busy with rioters. The Fire Department eventually showed up and decided to leave the car in the street.

The media reported no significant injuries that night related to the riots/protests.

Check out my friend's IG to see photos of the incident (not covered by mainstream media...) https://www.instagram.com/seanharmon99/ @seanharmon99

Just makes me wonder how many other innocent people out there have been hurt from all of this.
Appreciate 4
mkoesel5926.50
PhatLyfe570.50
hans007548.50
Poochie4974.00

06-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #76
joyjoy22
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2014

This is just too much, it's not a protest anymore. It is more of a crime as these protester involves innocent people and their businesses.
Appreciate 1
PhatLyfe570.50

06-03-2020, 09:34 PM   #77
fridex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2 Comp, 16 328GT

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCLT View Post
Go for it, insurance will comp me and i'll buy something else.
and who comps the insurance company?
Appreciate 2
IB M1509.50
hans007548.50

06-04-2020, 05:49 AM   #78
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Quote:
It's very telling you're ok with some waste of sperm destroying a country they didn't help build. Not true they did help build this country cause a certain group were too lazy to do their own work.

So let me ask you, what do you expect is going to change? I expect the police to treat people fair. How does looting and rioting helping your cause? Same way the looting and rioting was done during the Boston Tea party.
All that did is set business, that employ the community and have nothing to with anything, back years, until a positive balance sheet. Mom and Pop spots yes the corporations nope.

The police are not going anywhere and they are still human, doing a very human job, capable of overreacting or making mistakes. That is true but like all humans they can change and have respect for people something that the police and Black community have never had towards each other for obvious reasons...

I am assuming you meant "That's what I call progress"
      06-04-2020, 07:06 AM   #79
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Quote:
It's very telling you're ok with some waste of sperm [COLOR="Red"]destroying a country they didn't help build.[/COLOR][COLOR="red"] Not true they did help build this country cause a certain group were too lazy to do their own work.[/COLOR]

So let me ask you, what do you expect is going to change?[COLOR="red"] I expect the police to treat people fair.[/COLOR] How does looting and rioting helping your cause? [COLOR="red"]Same way the looting and rioting was done during the Boston Tea party.[/COLOR]
All that did is set business, that employ the community and have nothing to with anything, back years, until a positive balance sheet. [COLOR="red"]Mom and Pop spots yes the corporations nope. [/COLOR]

The police are not going anywhere and they are still human, doing a very human job, capable of overreacting or making mistakes.[COLOR="red"] That is true but like all humans they can change and have respect for people something that the police and Black community have never had towards each other for obvious reasons...[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]I am assuming you meant "That's what I call progress"
[/COLOR]
Yes, it was obviously a typo.. I guess you have all the answers..

You're putting these degenerate thieves in the same category as revolutionist, which is just misguided and tragic. They just wanted free shit, bro and they pounced at the opportunity because the cops was too swamped.

I hope when they take your stuff and throw it in the sea, you understand, it was all for the movement..

Come back and check me in a few years and show me how productive stealing people stuff was in helping the cause..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #80
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: JTR

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///S58 View Post
A Gt3 on the streets of Beverly Hills i believe was torched and burned down. I think it was just parked there before the rioters came looting and destroying.
Is it a GT3? I couldn't sleep late Saturday night and was watching live helicopter feeds over LA. Watched a black 911 with a GT-style wing on the back get lit on fire. Looked like a security guard came over with a fire extinguisher and put it out. Was wondering if it was actually a GT3(RS) or not. Tough to tell from the helicopter's video, but probably a 997.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:31 AM   #81
smyles
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
It's a car...BMW can and will make more. Carry on
Quote:
Go for it, insurance will comp me and i'll buy something else.
Are you trolling, or really that clueless?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #82
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Curious if this will end up in auction.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 01:32 AM   #83
///S58
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d, 335is, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Is it a GT3? I couldn't sleep late Saturday night and was watching live helicopter feeds over LA. Watched a black 911 with a GT-style wing on the back get lit on fire. Looked like a security guard came over with a fire extinguisher and put it out. Was wondering if it was actually a GT3(RS) or not. Tough to tell from the helicopter's video, but probably a 997.
It looked like a GT3 and the spoiler looked like someone broke it off. The brake calipers were yellow and the wheels were GT3 style so who knows.. replica or not.. pretty f'd up to lose a car to a bunch of savage animals.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 08:36 AM   #84
MightyOF80
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 Sakhir Orange F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacts View Post
this is such non sense. these people don't care about George Floyd. if they cared about lives they'd be this incensed over the 30 shootings in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend or the black police officer in Oakland killed by riotors or at the music that glorifies killing, thuggin, pimping and screwing every girl that walks, but no one cares about that because it doesn't push an agenda... just an excuse to loot and riot. what are they protesting anyways, no one has tried to cover for the POS cop who murdered Floyd, he's been arrested and charged and every official denounces it, he'll get mauled in prison and rightfully so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacts View Post
this is such non sense. these people don't care about George Floyd. if they cared about lives they'd be this incensed over the 30 shootings in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend or the black police officer in Oakland killed by riotors or at the music that glorifies killing, thuggin, pimping and screwing every girl that walks, but no one cares about that because it doesn't push an agenda... just an excuse to loot and riot. what are they protesting anyways, no one has tried to cover for the POS cop who murdered Floyd, he's been arrested and charged and every official denounces it, he'll get mauled in prison and rightfully so.
So that's all this man cares about?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...uring-protests
Appreciate 0