E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Story And Project 320I E90

09-05-2021, 08:24 PM   #1
scroller
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Story And Project 320I E90

Hi ,

My name is Plamen and I have a 320i automatic gearbox. Welcome to my project from pre lci to lci conversion and retrofits. I bought the car from my father for my 18 birthday and that was my present from myself. The car was stock and had the style 154 , after a few days I decided to buy new 16 inch rims again for my "baby". After a few weeks later I realised the headlights i was using i don't see anything at night. Decided to upgrade my headlights to dynamic drive headlights from LCI car , and you need to change FRM module to FRM 3 module to reprogram and to change it under the steering wheel by ista and inpa. Now my car was something like facelift and that's why i buy a hood from LCI and LCI m-sport bumper, kidneys grills , splitters , fog lights , lattice and h4 for the fog lights bulbs .I was thinking that i'm done with the front of the car. So i decided to move forward and go to the coupe of the car and start changing steering wheel with paddles i retrofitted from the CCC - mask navigation upgraded to the CIC professional , wrap the interior trims in piano black and change the controller and the trim to CIC , because i was with older headlights switch i decided to upgrade to upgrade it to LCI , the next retrofit was dead M pedal to change it and i decided , because was a easy retrofit m sport door sills and to upgrade from my normal BMW sills. Because I was having normal reflector headlights I wasn't having the headlights washing system , so one sunny day I decided with my friend to retrofit washer headlights. Several months later I decided again to upgrade something on my car and that was the rear tail lights on my car. I buy a trunk in the next day and 4 rear tail lights but on the trunk has fabric notice 318d.We had to get rid of this notice on the trunk and that's why i buy thread and remove it but the glue was there still and i use ethyl alcohol to remove the notice on the trunk. Wasn't happy of the vision on the car that's why i decided to go shopping on aliexpress and I bought mirror covers M3 style and fenders turn signals led and there is where i found the wrap piano black 5x200(2 times) and it wasn't that great the wrap , because of the glue , because when you trying to glue the trims inside the cars they don't want me to be glued , because of the wrap glue. Months later I decided to upgrade my trunk , because I wasn't happy with the vision of my trunk and I decided , because I have this piano black wrap to use and to try to wrap a wing M4 style. You need a lot of 3m or you need to be drilled and locked to not move when you are driving on the highway. One night I was at work and I started reading about the ACC. I liked the idea to have ACC , but i dont know still that bmw is not created 4 cylinder petrol engines without ACC , so decided start reading in the topic in the ACC section and i found a guy with a similar problem as mine i contact him and he start helping to learn more things about the bmw codes.
He advised me to dont something like this with not much experience of programming , because I'm still in university and I can break my car. I was typing with him every second for the ACC so he decided to teach by using Microsoft teams and zoom to create a motherboard by myself , because the car without these motherboards can't get this option. We decided to order by aliexpress again motherboards and after that he told me that i need to upgrade my ABS +DSC PUMP and to buy wheels sensors ABS and cluster. Maybe in the near future I will be able to complete the ACC , but for now it is 90% completed , because of the slow progress of the motherboards but I won't give up. Please don't give me advice like "the car is cheaper and you don't need to invest so much in the car , because when you sell it you will lose all your money". I understand in older car you cant get your moneyback.

My future plans for the cars are: To retrofit the combox media bought in the images you can see , retrofit kit , retrofit the FLA mirror - image , soft close , keyless go , rear m sport bumper lci , dashboard with cup holders , m-sport side skirts lci.

ps: I must have forgotten something maybe in the story or in the images. I have changed the interior bulb to led. Please don't judge me for my English and to repeat every single word again and again. My English is at a "lower" skill level.I will update the topic when i retrofit something new on the car. Thank you for reading my story.
Kind regards from Bulgaria
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Silnismo225.50
Phil325i614.50
      09-06-2021, 03:32 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Your English is far superior to my Bulgarian! In focusing on the interior, don't overlook the engine. The 320i can be problematic. Regular oil and filter changes are a must, in my opinion...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 04:51 AM   #3
scroller
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

My mechanical experience is only done in the bmw dealership. Every 8 thousand km ,because im driving a lot in the city and the oil is changed regularly. At 196k km i changed the timing chain and all the gasked in the engine. Every 60k I change the automatic gearbox oil. The engine is reliable if you service the engine in the right time and with parts that bmw recommended parts. The car was buyed by my father from the bmw dealership at 2007.12. and that's why i want to have the car full bmw history when it is in my hands.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 01:39 PM   #4
scroller
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

It's time to update the project that I have completed that many days.

As you see the picture above i have mirror with high beam assist and its working perfectly after so many adaptations , because BG roads are disaster and it was a nightmare to calibrate the sensor , after that i started upgrading my CIC NAVI by software to the last version C1A certification , updating the road maps and finally retrofing the combox it was so hard , because my car originally don't have microphones and i need to buy microphones from donor car and to figure out how to do it , because needed for this to remove the ceiling to have access to have everywhere microphones buy anthena , because my car dont have it so i decided to order from aliexpress WIFI Antenna 3G 4G LTE Patch Antenna 700-2700MHz 12dbi SMA Male 3 5M this athena and after finishing the retrofit i realise that the combox media the bmw servers are stop so you cant anymore search and share to your car internet to search or to use apps in the car , the second thing i get a nightmare that the AUX+USB cable was 7 centimetres are not enough to clip in to the armrest. I ordered a new aux+usb and waited from ebay and now it's the exact size I need to finish this retrofit. Maybe few people notice that my turn signals on my fenders were not working, they were not working , because as you now i replaced from FRM 1 to FRM3 i noticed that after day that my turn signals on my fenders was not working and after reading theme after theme and reading bmw manuals in bmwtis website i noticed that after changing the position in the fusebox and the pins that they start working.
I changed my hall dashboard with a dashboard with cupholders and I retrofitted to unlock the trunk from a trunk button inside the car.The foil I used was of poor quality and now I will paint the slats black gloss. I have changed the plastic piece that is for the electric windows , because the old one was so dirty , you can see it by the image and it was an easy change. You drill the old bolts and put new ones in their place, which I had bought from BMW as well as the strip.

-What are my features plans for this build? After a few days I will post how I completed with my own motherboards the ACC and maybe I will publish a video to see how it is working and I will share with you details how I do it.
-The next future I will do on my car is a bmw individual audio system. I bought a full individual audio system yesterday from a donor e90 car.
-Changing the front both seats which are heated to electric sports seats from a donor car that is LHD not RHD is how the people in Bulgaria do it , because the memory is in the passenger and it's so ugly and funny to see those things in LHD.
-To replace the rear deck with Electric sun shade.
-New PDC module from X1 E84 , because i want to retrofit rear back up camera original not a emulator from ebay or aliexpress for this future i will need TRSVC module from E84/E70/E71 and JBE module with M , which i have it

I hope you liked the story so far and sorry for my bad English again.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #5
scroller
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

New Rims + Summer tyres

Tyres size: front 205/55/18 rear 225/40/18
I will update so soon what I have changed on my interior and exterior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0