E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > android head unit no sound no idrive

12-12-2021, 03:55 AM   #1
naras92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

android head unit no sound no idrive

Hi
I have searched all forums for similar issues but can't seem to find anything to match the problems I'm having
Recently acquired a 2007 e92 335i.(standard hifi 676A)
Car came equipped with aftermarket Xtrons android head unit.
When connecting through bluetooth or AUX I don't have any sound. I tried using youtube app on the android head unit itself and no sound.
my idrive controller is not responding at all. When I was test driving the car, music played fine (not sure about idrive) and seller isn't very helpful in helping me to troubleshoot the issue.
I scanned for any error codes but I'm not getting any - except the display error which I presume would be there because of the aftermarket unit.
I still have door chimes and warning tones and I don't have any "SOS - no sound" codes on the dash.

I tested the battery and the voltage is perfect. Any suggestions as to where to take it from here and which parts should I start replacing?
Should iDrive knob work with xtrons head unit?

thanks
Appreciate 0