E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > DYI: Easiest way to get 1b file and generate FSC codes for CIC navi map update

11-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #771
Soja975
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Garage List
2010 BMW e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
Download the latest generator (v1.91) from here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464

EDIT: When running the Generator, enter one field/dialog at a time, starting from the top.
i hawe latest generator, but i cant get the right code, my last map apdates is 2022-1.7
do you hawe any idea how to get my code so i could start download map?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 05:48 AM   #772
kushtrim.e91
Albania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320xd e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Az View Post
Hi,

I have trouble getting 1b file from my e91 2009. Tried various USB-s but no luck, also tried updating maps through usb, update doesn't show up.

I have CIC professional, checked by VIN - A701454.
Also checked for i symbol in navigation circle, it's not there.
Does that mean that my CIC version is too old?

What options do I have? Is it possible to update CIC version or using ethernet cable it will work?

https://ibb.co/9yHGV1n

Thanks in advance.
send me a pm because i cant send you one!!I can help
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 04:56 AM   #773
Casual_Az
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushtrim.e91 View Post
Sent you a friend request, can't find the PM button lol
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:22 AM   #774
kushtrim.e91
Albania
Rep
Drives: BMW 320xd e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Az View Post
Quote:
Sent you a friend request, can't find the PM button lol
Still cant sent you a pm
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 07:07 AM   #775
Casual_Az
Lithuania
Rep

Quote:
Still cant sent you a pm
Sorry for this spam on topic, but my account needs 4 post replies, I'll try to get them and will send you a PM once my account gets upgraded.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #776
Gordon13
Registered
Rep
Drives: E61 E91

Huge thanks to Portalseo and Jaeger for this post. Eventually it worked on both my E91 and E61.
The problem i had was that the usb Didnt format to FAT32, as it was new, the computer only gave an option to use exFAT. this DOSE NOT WORK.
A bit of hunting for an old drive, and all was well.

Many thanks, Gordon
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 05:39 AM   #777
Casual_Az
Lithuania
Rep

Apparently my car can only update maps through DVD and I found the latest maps for Europe East PREMIUM, but they are in USB version and I can't seem to find the ones for DVD.

Can I use the USB version with DVD?
Thanks.

EDIT: if 2022 one doesn't work with DVD, can anyone link the latest Europe East premium maps version for DVD?

Last edited by Casual_Az; 12-15-2021 at 06:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 09:53 AM   #778
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon13 View Post
Huge thanks to Portalseo and Jaeger for this post. Eventually it worked on both my E91 and E61.
The problem i had was that the usb Didnt format to FAT32, as it was new, the computer only gave an option to use exFAT. this DOSE NOT WORK.
A bit of hunting for an old drive, and all was well.

Many thanks, Gordon
That happens when the drive is too large for Fat32.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 02:03 PM   #779
vou200
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d 2010

Dear all,
I have a F10 2010 prob. CIC
VIN C495225
current
Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2010

any chance to get FSC for premium europe west 2021-1, please?
many thanks to y'all
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 02:18 PM   #780
ugwaraich
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d MSport F10 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by portalseo View Post
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

-one usb stick.
- 1b.zip: Attached below.
- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“: Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464
- Maps.zip: Attached below.

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

First step: Pull 1b file from your car via usb stick.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (1b.zip) to the root of an empty USB stick
2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
4. Wait for around 30 seconds
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Second step: Generate your FSC code using Jaeger's FSC generator

1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.
3. Select desired map type, region and version to generate your code.

Last step: Download desired map version and install on USB stick:

1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).

Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.
That's it, you're done and good to go!

Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.

Hi,
the 1b file doesn't work for me. It does not copy or create any file when connected to the glovebox usb port. I have left it connected long enough and also ensured the car is started before I connected it but in vain. I have also tried multiple USBs.

Please could you help? Thanks. I have a 520d F10 2012 UK model.

Last edited by ugwaraich; 12-30-2021 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #781
opjose
Major
Rep

Do you have a CIC Premium?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 08:46 PM   #782
vou200
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
I do. Does it mean anything?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 09:04 PM   #783
opjose
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vou200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
I do. Does it mean anything?
You may be able to pull the generalpersistence file via Ethernet and generate a valid code.

But since you need the interface and router it is often cheaper just to pay for a code.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #784
Musk
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i

Thank you!!

Quote:
I've been a silent reader of this forum for quite some time and I got a lot of useful information and help out of it and what better way to make my first post by (hopefully) giving back to the community.

The following is by far the easiest and most convenient way to pull your 1b file from your car and generate an FSC update code for your BMW CIC navigation unit (at least for me) and I haven't come across any other method that is easier.

Tools required:

-one usb stick.
- “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“: Download Windows version from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lW0...ew?usp=sharing or directly from Jaeger's thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464

“1b.zip” contains the files necessary to pull the 1b file from your car via USB, “bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip“ contains the FSC generator (a big thanks to user Jaeger and I hope he doesn't mind me using his generator as my preferred choice for generating fsc codes) and “MAPS.zip“ contains different map versions covering the most popular regions (North America, Europe and OZ/New Zealand).

2. Power on your car (ignition on is fine, you don't need to start your car) and wait until the navigation system has started completely
3. Put the USB stick in the USB port in the glove box (do not use the usb port found in the middle console).
5. Remove the USB stick from the port in the glove box and put it in your (windows) computer
6. Check if the file 1b.hex is present on the USB stick (if not go to step 2 and try another USB stick). The file should be exactly 319 bytes in size and you can check your file by opening it with a hex editor such as HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

1. Unpack the ZIP file (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) in Windows/Mac (after unpacking wait for a couple of seconds for the generator to automatically download the file Lookup.xml")
2. Open the FSC generator by clicking on "BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator.exe" and select the 1b file you pulled from your car as described above.

1. Unpack the ZIP file (MAPS.zip) and click on your desired map version (make sure you have a bit torrent client installed) to download it.
2. Put the downloaded map on an empty USB stick (just make sure it has been formatted using fat32).

Plug the usb stick containing your downloaded map version in the glove box of your car and switch your ignition on. After a couple of minutes your CIC will prompt you to update your map version. Just enter your generated code and the update will commence automatically.

Big thanks again to Jaeger for his excellent fsc code generator http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453464.

Update: Maps.zip now contains a direct torrent download link for north america premium 2018-1 which supports both updating via dvd or alternatively via usb stick.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 11:17 PM   #785
toyof58
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Finally was able to get the 1b.hex file to copy to USB

I tried 3 different USB drives different brand and sizes

16 GB USB 3.0
64 GB USB 2.0
256 GB USB 3.1

I tried FAT32 and NTFS. nothing worked at first. I even left the USB for 5 minutes. still no 1b file

The method that worked was formatting using Rufus

https://rufus.ie/en/

the options I used:

Boot Selection = Non bootable
Partition scheme = MBR
File system = FAT32 (default)
Cluster size = this changes depending on USB size. Select the (default)

(Optional) uncheck "Create extended label and icon files"
if checked it will add autorun.inf files to the USB which you can delete manually later

I did this one all 3 USBs and all worked after that.
It wasn't reading the maps on the USB before this, but now it read and updated my maps. I tired putting music on the USB after that and it works perfect.
Appreciate 3
      01-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #786
Woody729
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 2010 318i

Having issues getting the 1b hex file off the car. Tried numerous times all formatted FAT32. Must of tried eight different usb drives now.
Can anyone generate an fsc code for VIN A784314?
Europe West Motion Maps 21/22
Lifetime ?

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:39 AM   #787
Woody729
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 2010 318i

Quote:

Tools required:

-one usb stick.

what files are inside the 1b.zip?
Having a nightmare here. Tried multiple formatted usb drives. All with no result.
Is the file copie_scr.sh ?
Or is it 1b.hex and an fsc file too ?
Any help much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:35 AM   #788
ChristianMoller
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e91 325 touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody729 View Post
what files are inside the 1b.zip?
Having a nightmare here. Tried multiple formatted usb drives. All with no result.
Is the file copie_scr.sh ?
Or is it 1b.hex and an fsc file too ?
Any help much appreciated.
Same here,but it does something, added two files...
E91 2009 cic premium
After and before pics
Attached Images

Last edited by ChristianMoller; 01-20-2022 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 03:14 PM   #789
opjose
Major
Rep

The copie.scr is the script that creates the 1b.hex file using the fsc file as a temporary holder.

The 1b.hex file is the one you work with to generate your code.

Usually if the 1b.hex is created the script ran on the car's CIC.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 03:16 PM   #790
opjose
Major
Rep

The 1b.zip file has to be EXTRACTED to the formatted USB drive that gets put into the car's glove box.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:18 AM   #791
ChristianMoller
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: e91 325 touring

WEEOOoo.....
Updated with the info in my last post.
Thanks for the work that everyone have put in this
Attached Images

Last edited by ChristianMoller; 01-23-2022 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: spelling....
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 10:42 PM   #792
penfold2105
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M Performance

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1855775

If anyone needs map download or fat32 converter or CIC nbt FSC generator
Appreciate 0