Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > yet another fitment question.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Mih1121
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi 2006

yet another fitment question.

Hello, I am a "new driver" and got my first car. It is a 2006 325xi sedan. All stock suspension. I am in the market for some wheels. What general sizes do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #2
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mih1121 View Post
Hello, I am a "new driver" and got my first car. It is a 2006 325xi sedan. All stock suspension. I am in the market for some wheels. What general sizes do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Hi there, welcome to the BMW club!

For an X-drive E90 sedan, I would recommend running a square setup with the same size wheels and tires at all four corners. Typically a square setup makes the most sense on an all-wheel-drive vehicle, as you will not necessarily benefit from a staggered setup with a wider rear wheel and tire. With a square setup, you will also be able to rotate your wheels and tires to maximize tread life.

Fitment wise, I would recommend the following specs:

Front & Rear: 18x9" ET30 with 255/35-18 tires
-Direct fit.
-5mm front spacers may be required with certain aftermarket suspensions, see below.

With a 18x9" ET30 wrapped in a 255/35-18 tire at all four corners, this setup will be a complete direct fit on a stock 325i X-drive E90. 255/35-18 tires will provide a significant increase in performance over the stock sizes, and the 18x9" ET30 wheels will give you a flush fitment both front and rear.

Here are a few examples of some E9x's running similar fitments:

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

-Geirsen
      08-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #3
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mih1121 View Post
Before you get the wheels, decide if you are going to be modifying the suspension setup. Once you get that figured out then choose your wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #4
Mih1121
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Before you get the wheels, decide if you are going to be modifying the suspension setup. Once you get that figured out then choose your wheels.
Yea I figured that I was gonna go with some BC Racing BR Series coilovers or something of that nature. I’m not trying to get super low or anything so I figured that these would work.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #5
Mih1121
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Hi there, welcome to the BMW club!

For an X-drive E90 sedan, I would recommend running a square setup with the same size wheels and tires at all four corners. Typically a square setup makes the most sense on an all-wheel-drive vehicle, as you will not necessarily benefit from a staggered setup with a wider rear wheel and tire. With a square setup, you will also be able to rotate your wheels and tires to maximize tread life.

Fitment wise, I would recommend the following specs:

Front & Rear: 18x9" ET30 with 255/35-18 tires
-Direct fit.
-5mm front spacers may be required with certain aftermarket suspensions, see below.

With a 18x9" ET30 wrapped in a 255/35-18 tire at all four corners, this setup will be a complete direct fit on a stock 325i X-drive E90. 255/35-18 tires will provide a significant increase in performance over the stock sizes, and the 18x9" ET30 wheels will give you a flush fitment both front and rear.

Here are a few examples of some E9x's running similar fitments:

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

-Geirsen
Thank you for your help! Ive decided to go with some VMR V703s wrapped in some Nankang NS-25s
Appreciate 0