E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > The E92 really feels amazing stock...but

09-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
The E92 really feels amazing stock...but

So I have had the car for 9 days, loved every second of it so far. Really impressed with its huge powerband and drivability in stock form. So much so that I figured it had to be EVEN better with a tune So I ordered JB4 yesterday afternoon along with a set of LED angel eyes (couldn't stand stock orange halogens) and the BMS oil catch can. Also wanted to order the CPE downpipes but they are out of stock at BMS for a few more weeks unfortunately. Installed this afternoon after getting home from the office.

WOW hugely noticeable difference. Car just wants to pull and I really havent ventured out of Map 1 except to see how my AF's were in map 2(and 1 or 2 pulls against alongside a friends car for a benchmark). The car is getting walnut blasted sometime this week or next, after that I plan to run some e85/93 mixes and see how it goes. Hopefully get some logging done to see how everything looks.

Side note, friend who has a Genesis Track 3.8 as a daily threw some catless exhaust on his car tonight so we drove out to africa to have some fun.

Map 0(stock) vs Genesis cars stay door to door
Map 1 vs Genesis puts on 2-3 cars by halfway through 3rd gear
Map 2 vs Genesis puts on 4+ cars half way through third.
Worth noting I am 6AT he is 6MT and a great driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Interesting, I figured you'd be ahead of him even stock.
      09-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Interesting, I figured you'd be ahead of him even stock.
I figured I would be to, but the Genesis is 200~ lbs lighter, he can no lift shift 2-3 and 3-4 easily, and the car has catless race exhaust from the headers back which I imagine is good for at least 10-20hp. Where as my only mod is jb4, so stock setting is bone stock.

So figure a car making 375ish and 200 lbs lighter than me the math adds up.

Also worth mentioning the pulls against the genesis where I was "stock" were from 55+ mph. The few times we got out from the dig I would put an immediate car or car and a half on him regardless of what setting i was in.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveSlo View Post
I figured I would be to, but the Genesis is 200~ lbs lighter, he can no lift shift 2-3 and 3-4 easily, and the car has catless race exhaust from the headers back which I imagine is good for at least 10-20hp. Where as my only mod is jb4, so stock setting is bone stock.

So figure a car making 375ish and 200 lbs lighter than me the math adds up.

Also worth mentioning the pulls against the genesis where I was "stock" were from 55+ mph. The few times we got out from the dig I would put an immediate car or car and a half on him regardless of what setting i was in.
That makes a lot more sense.
      09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
That makes a lot more sense.
Yes it is exactly what I expected. Car is now down, previous owner had a charge pipe on the car, assuming he ran meth, and when he hastily reinstalled it broke off part of the lip under the clamp to hold it on. Car blew the charge pipe off under boost and broke the tmap sensor lol
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
wait that happened to your car? that sucks big time
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #7
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Haha yeah I knew I was running a risk picking one up that didn't have much of its service done at BMW. Since that is a spot on indication of mods normally. But just loved the car at the price.
Appreciate 0