E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > verified boost leak on aftermarket chargepipe now what?

06-07-2020, 10:46 PM   #23
_N54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohugh View Post
So did a new oring fix it ?

tl;dr

Dont you hate threads that dont have a resolution.
If they don't return back with a response then most likely it's been resolved.
      03-18-2024, 05:56 AM   #24
djtalal
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw 335i sedan

Sorry for not responding, I didn't realize people actually wanted to know the outcome based on all the teasing about it being garbage. I've learned that the charge pipe is slightly out of spec ( maybe 15 percent angle) off but managed to fix the situation by loosening the throttle body bolts enough to get a full seat with the charge pipe. My neighbor who isn't a mechanic but worked at an mb dealership was curious what i was working on and lent a hand. He of course after trying a few unsuccessful times mentioned exactly what everyone was saying, "chinese fitment" however once it was a 2 man job 1 positioning and the other tightening the tb bolts it worked. The silicone spray lube does wonders on the o-ring in the chargepipe, i also believe i had to rotate the bov so it didn't push as close to the power steering reservoir, and lastly i had more angle to play with after i got the a.r.m. full silicon hose from cold side intercooler to charge pipe hose..... I later performed a full charge pipe and b.o.v. test which was included in the same shared google drive and i had a bad tmap sensor mount on the cp threads. it was leaking from the screws that were provided which were not swappable with the oem screws.. i used some ultra grey to fix the tmap leak and had to seal the bov in multiple places as it had a bad leak from the threads as well both internally and where it sat flush to the charge-pipe with v-band clamps. Oh and lastly i did replace the soft spring it came with as it would open up at idle and at times it shouldn't!
The combination of fitment / quality combined with inexperience working on euro at all! well it does take some getting used to, like the throttle body naturally points downwards slightly, when you add a 90 degree to it, it can almost be an optical illusion fitting it in..hard to describe in words until you actually have to finagle it around yourself. but i now have it down and have gotten used to it.the video of the chargepipe outside of the car being benchtested is here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...OiXFcFzUWiVSJv

Last edited by djtalal; 03-18-2024 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: spell check grammar, clarity
Appreciate 0